Author Topic: (It has arrived ) New Basketball Scoreboard Update...  (Read 1471 times)

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

(It has arrived ) New Basketball Scoreboard Update...
« on: August 13, 2018, 01:38:12 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Took a very quick peak inside the cam today. To me it looks like the bracket that will hold/support the weight of the scoreboard is in place. Other than that nothing. I wonder if it will be done by the time the team returns?

May only take a day to assemble the whole thing...I imagine it goes pretty quick once they start actually putting it up.

Large crane looked to be working on the East Wall (where the old video board was), maybe moving stuff around. I want to say all of the championship banners were down (which was going to have to happen for upper seats to see the scoreboard).

If anyone wants to add anything to this or correct anything I messed up feel free...I literally took like a 5 second glance inside.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 09:14:14 AM by Big City »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

(It has arrived ) New Basketball Scoreboard Update...
    « on: August 13, 2018, 01:38:12 PM »

Offline Herdmeister

Re: (Not much of a...) New Basketball Scoreboard Update...
    « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Took a very quick peak inside the cam today. To me it looks like the bracket that will hold/support the weight of the scoreboard is in place. Other than that nothing. I wonder if it will be done by the time the team returns?

May only take a day to assemble the whole thing...I imagine it goes pretty quick once they start actually putting it up.

Large crane looked to be working on the East Wall (where the old video board was), maybe moving stuff around. I want to say all of the championship banners were down (which was going to have to happen for upper seats to see the scoreboard).

If anyone wants to add anything to this or correct anything I messed up feel free...I literally took like a 5 second glance inside.

They need to be completed rather soon because volleyball has it's first home game August 28th
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline coalherd

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 07:02:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They need to be completed rather soon because volleyball has it's first home game August 28th

Exactly, HM, I knew that the volleyball season kicked off right around the time school started.  But I recall from looking at the schedule earlier that the VB team starts the season, IIRC, with some tournaments on the road.  Believe they do open the home schedule against a local foe, perhaps Morehead, in week 2 or 3.  Of course, I'm not counting any "exhibition" games that may be at the CAM

Offline NewBombTerk

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • is it a "scoreboard" … is it a "videoboard" … or is it a "scoreboard / videoboard" and if it is a "scoreboard / videoboard" what do they do with the scoreboards in the east and west ends of the Cam ?????
    On Halloween night 1965, The Beverly Hills Residents Assocoation wants to tear down TUBBY'S DRIVE INN and one year later open an office building. For one last night The "HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS" reigned supreme and left their mark on Beverly Hills forever !

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 07:18:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • is it a "scoreboard" … is it a "videoboard" … or is it a "scoreboard / videoboard" and if it is a "scoreboard / videoboard" what do they do with the scoreboards in the east and west ends of the Cam ?????

The assumption is the old boards on the east and west ends will come down. They will not be needed with a 4 sided board
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 10:41:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The assumption is the old boards on the east and west ends will come down. They will not be needed with a 4 sided board

Any more news on knocking out that wall to add suites and a restaurant?

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 10:52:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any more news on knocking out that wall to add suites and a restaurant?

That isn't expected to be covered on the next fundraising campaign.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 06:26:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone know the exact specs of our board. I know it will be similar to ODU's, but what are the exact specs? Someone should know? And surely it's sitting somewhere in the cam right now waiting to be installed. If it is "state-of-the-art" as I heard...it should be clearer than HD TV and much clearer than what's at the football stadium.

Anyone know exact resolution and size specs? Again, if state-of-the-art...should be BETTER (in some way, shape, or form) than ODU's and Charlotte's.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 09:55:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Champ, I have no idea but I am pretty pumped up for this. I think this will be a huge upgrade to The Cam. It's something we have all been wanting for quite some time.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: greenanwhite, THECHAMPISHERE

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 10:10:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Champ, I have no idea but I am pretty pumped up for this. I think this will be a huge upgrade to The Cam. It's something we have all been wanting for quite some time.

Same here. Just like you said...will be a huge upgrade to cam!!

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 06:36:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone know the exact specs of our board. I know it will be similar to ODU's, but what are the exact specs? Someone should know? And surely it's sitting somewhere in the cam right now waiting to be installed. If it is "state-of-the-art" as I heard...it should be clearer than HD TV and much clearer than what's at the football stadium.

Anyone know exact resolution and size specs? Again, if state-of-the-art...should be BETTER (in some way, shape, or form) than ODU's and Charlotte's.
    I have no answer to any of your questions. I have seen both Charlotte and ODU. ODU has a better one and ours is to be like theirs except updated.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 10:31:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Took another peak. Championship banners are not down yet. Basketball floor is up (taken out) as we all know. The bracket that holds the scoreboard is in (I think) and they were working on that area today. Not one piece of the actual video/score board is up yet though.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 10:31:02 AM »

Offline Big City

IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: JReese

Offline herdorbust

Re: (It has arrived ) New Basketball Scoreboard Update...
    « Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 09:49:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can't wait to see the finished product. Should totally transform the arena and give it a real bigtime basketball look.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man, THECHAMPISHERE

Offline Daherdboy

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 12:01:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Scott & Danny checking out the crates.  👍
    Retired 10 years early to follow Herd sports.
    Those 10 years have been marvelous.

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 01:43:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah buddy!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 01:47:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just stopped by the cam. They are taking the boxes in with fork lift. Looks like most are now in. Lot of 6*5 boxes. Should be a huge nice scoreboard.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 01:47:26 PM »