Author Topic: QB ....  (Read 2464 times)

Online herd2win

QB ....
« on: August 13, 2018, 03:02:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is the latest update...

HerdFans.com

QB ....
    « on: August 13, 2018, 03:02:02 PM »

Offline Herdmeister

Re: QB ....
    « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 04:04:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Since practice just started today, I don't know if Thomson is throwing or not. He hasn't thrown a pass in over a week
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 04:15:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Since practice just started today, I don't know if Thomson is throwing or not. He hasn't thrown a pass in over a week

I can't see AT starting with no Spring camp and a very brief Fall camp, plus an injury.

Green starts at Miami, imo

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 04:20:48 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have missed only a couple practices.  Green looks really good and I have no idea why he hasn't been named the starter.  Thomson does drills that require hand offs to running backs but has not thrown in I would say almost a week in a half.  I watch him and it doesn't look like he can get his hand over his shoulder to throw. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

Online herd2win

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 04:21:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank you....let’s go Green!!

Online svherd

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Doc said Thomson will try to throw again on Tuesday. Maybe they are doing it to keep Green focused and prep better - if he knows he hasn’t locked up the starters job just yet.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 05:09:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline herdgadfly

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 05:19:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have missed only a couple practices.  Green looks really good and I have no idea why he hasn't been named the starter. 

Green has been listed as #1 on the depth chart since Spring practice and Isaiah has been with the #1 offense for all of the August practices  - so what makes you think that he isn't the starting QB?

Maybe Doc has been trying to fool the Miami coaches by not saying anything official.
    "Among the collegiate herd of sacred cows and their worshippers now buzzes the gad-fly."

Offline coalherd

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 06:52:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Time to prepare for Miami and get your best, and HEALTHIEST, players ready, Doc!!  If Thomson is not 100 per cent its best for him and the team for him to sit out and, hopefully, get healthy.  That may mean not playing at all at Miami and even longer.  Probably definitely won't be a factor against EKU in game 2.  Hopefully, he's up to full strength/health before mid season and can contribute.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 07:57:17 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • @GrantTraylor

Scouts from the Tennessee Titans, Philadelphia Eagles & Los Angeles Chargers are here for today's @HerdFB practice.

Before you ask, yes, they are seeing Alex Thomson throw to WRs today in individual drills. Not sure if he will in team portion, but it's more than he has done.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, ed swain

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 08:58:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Having Green and Morrell both confident and ready can only help the Program.

If AT can emerge at some point as an ace relief pitcher so much the better.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline goherd24

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 12:58:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • Its no Blessing. AT is the real deal. If he can't go for us, our offense will be much worse off.

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, DC01HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 12:58:04 AM »

Offline herd1986

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 01:51:33 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • How can anyone tell if AT is the real deal if he can’t make it through a week of practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: SouthernHerd, svherd, Herdmeister, Johns1124, ed swain, herdfan129

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 07:50:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • @GrantTraylor

Scouts from the Tennessee Titans, Philadelphia Eagles & Los Angeles Chargers are here for today's @HerdFB practice.

Before you ask, yes, they are seeing Alex Thomson throw to WRs today in individual drills. Not sure if he will in team portion, but it's more than he has done.

Interesting that scouts from three NFL teams showing up to check out Thomson in practice. Thomson must have some potential to receive that type of interest from NFL scouts. I hope he will be able to play for us.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 07:55:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree Herd1986. He has not played in a game at any level for a year. Trying to find tape on him actually
    throwing the ball, is about as elusive is finding bigfoot. But, it seems like everyone is anointing him the starter.
    It's not like he was highly recruited out of Wagner. Only 3 teams wanted him, Us, Baylor, and Tenn.
    Baylor was 1-11 last year, Tenn only offered a Blue shirt. Not much of a choice.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 07:55:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Its no Blessing. AT is the real deal. If he can't go for us, our offense will be much worse off.
    what are you basing that on?  He was riddled with injuries previously and still hasn’t recovered from his last injury. He wasn’t here in the spring and haven’t really practiced fully this fall

The following users thanked this post: SouthernHerd, svherd

Online svherd

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 08:04:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Come on, we don't know that at all. The guy hasn't played a down of D1 ball. We'll be fine with Green at the helm. Give the young man a chance.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 12:18:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Come on, we don't know that at all. The guy hasn't played a down of D1 ball. We'll be fine with Green at the helm. Give the young man a chance.

AT has at least some experience, even though it's not D-1 ball. Alex is a special talent, there's a reason NFL scouts are here just to check him out.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 01:01:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • AT has at least some experience, even though it's not D-1 ball. Alex is a special talent, there's a reason NFL scouts are here just to check him out.
    And there a huge reason he hasn’t played/practice since last September  and 6’5” 225 lbs is a huge reason the nfl is looking at him

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online svherd

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 01:25:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • AT has at least some experience, even though it's not D-1 ball. Alex is a special talent, there's a reason NFL scouts are here just to check him out.

That he may be E, but he has yet to participate in 11v11 drills for us. Until he can do that and go every day in practice, we can't determine how effective he will be, if that. We'll see how he does in a true game, if he can stay healthy enough. I hope he can, it would be a nice deal for us. But as I have said, I think we can win with AT or Green. Green is looking really good!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Online herd2win

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 01:44:09 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are getting close so I am not a coach but I would give Green the reps to be ready for a tough game at Miami...

riflearm3

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The guy hasn't played a down of D1 ball.

AT has at least some experience, even though it's not D-1 ball.

By all accounts, Wagner is D1 ball. FCS is considered D1 football. He has also played against BYU, Boston College, Rice, and UMass.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 06:25:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shoulder is messed sit again get it healthy then play in a year or go pro after this year.  Scouts don't want him to get hurt again.  If they like you then they don't care to see anything else until you are in a pro camp.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His reps in practice have been great. Passes accurate, great mechanics, serviceable running the ball as well. He threw again yesterday and did very well. Doc and staff know how big of a deal this kid is, as does the NFL. Green is ok. Has done literally nothing to make me think he can play at the level we need him to however. He is an early career bernie morris. Who will make some great plays with his feet, but we aren't winning consistently with him, IMO.

Alex has more experience, and is clearly more talented. The question mark is his health. Green is serviceable, but he's never goinf to win 11 or 12 games and get us where we want to go.

Online THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 08:02:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His reps in practice have been great. Passes accurate, great mechanics, serviceable running the ball as well. He threw again yesterday and did very well. Doc and staff know how big of a deal this kid is, as does the NFL. Green is ok. Has done literally nothing to make me think he can play at the level we need him to however. He is an early career bernie morris. Who will make some great plays with his feet, but we aren't winning consistently with him, IMO.

Alex has more experience, and is clearly more talented. The question mark is his health. Green is serviceable, but he's never goinf to win 11 or 12 games and get us where we want to go.

THIS ^^^ Very honest assessment of the situation. These guys who say we'll be alright with a QB who's never taken a snap at the college level are crazy. Cato wasn't that great his first year. First year QB's, even great one's, are very up and down their first year...make a lot of bad throws...single handedly lose games. Pennington threw 6 picks his first game.

With Green, and I have nothing against him, I don't even think we can get bowl eligible, JMHO. I can see up to 8 loses.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 08:02:40 PM »