Author Topic: Holy Cow  (Read 2080 times)

Offline herdorbust

Holy Cow
« on: August 13, 2018, 05:34:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 11-1 out of the gate

HerdFans.com

Holy Cow
    « on: August 13, 2018, 05:34:46 PM »

Offline herdorbust

Re: Holy Cow
    « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:51:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cam Harris is very special. He already has 4-5 blocks in the 1st quarter. We heard he was a great shot blocker and his timing may be better than Penevas. Guys all look much better today. No way IMO Harris should redshirt this year. He would help us bigtime.  We got 2 steals in Harris and Kinsey.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 06:12:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cam was very active in the first half. Reminds me of Darius last year, thin but very athletic.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 06:17:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cam was very active in the first half. Reminds me of Darius last year, thin but very athletic.

Darius is very good. But Cam is more skilled all around. Cam can handle, block shots, pretty much do everything. Him and Kinsey will be superstars before they leave here. And im not throwing out hyperbull!!!! Those 2 boys are long athletic and can play with a lot of confidence for freshman. Danny just has to fine tune everything and get the street ball out of everyone's system like he does every year. Once he does that and they clean up the pick and rolls we could be scary good.

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 06:38:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bennett is SLOW, clumsy & can't jump much higher than me (and I am white, 5'10-1/2" tall, weigh 237 & 67 years young. He has a good foul shot form. Hope he loses weight & picks up some speed.

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 06:51:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who is #32?

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: LUVTHATHERD

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 07:01:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • after the first quarter we seemed to lose focus. Started looking like an all star game. I think it was too easy and we laid off mentally.

Danny won't be pleased but this is a bonding trip and trip to see the news guys mesh. Take it for what it is, They get a lot better competition every day in practice and the intensity is MUCH greater
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: LUVTHATHERD

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 07:06:21 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Murphy looks good and deserves to be on the team.

The following users thanked this post: MUtim

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 07:22:14 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • after the first quarter we seemed to lose focus. Started looking like an all star game. I think it was too easy and we laid off mentally.

Danny won't be pleased but this is a bonding trip and trip to see the news guys mesh. Take it for what it is, They get a lot better competition every day in practice and the intensity is MUCH greater

Every year in the first few games we look really bad, sloppy and street ball. Danny's teams always get better and better as the year goes. This team is more talented and deeper and more athletic than any team he has had yet. They will smooth out the rust spots. I think we will play small most of the time with guys like Jannson, George, Beyers, Cam and Kinsey besides the guards. Unless we are playing a team that has a big body inside and then Bennett and Sustic will play more. Bennett has got to get down to 300 (not 320) IMO so he can get quicker and get off the floor for pick and rolls. Right now Sustic is a better option IMO on offense. Sustic just needs to learn and stay on the floor on defense. But I really like Cam, Kinsey and Beyers added to this team.

Offline JReese

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 07:36:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm liking the effort. At this point, that's about it. I hope no one gets hurt.
    All I have ever truly wanted to be was a great dad.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Big City, Herdmeister

Offline Bob25526

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 07:46:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Link?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 07:46:29 PM »

Offline Herd-nficent

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 07:52:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Remember...In these Bahama games they play with NO coach on the bench so they can stay within NCAA rules.
    "What we see depends on what we look for"

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 08:04:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our trapping defense and quickness out front is very good at this point. But we have a ways to go once they beat the initial traps. Our best option right now seems to be Cam defending the paint because of his tremendous timing blocking shots. Danny will get all this figured out as he always does.

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 08:07:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kinsey is super athletic and will definitely get some PT this year. However, he really needs to work on his outside shot to be a complete player in this offense.  If he can't hit a 3 consistantly, then people will crowd the lane and make it harder to drive to the basket.   There is no way we see much of a drop in elmore, burks, and west minutes at guard IMO.  We lose too much outside presence which stagnates our offense.  I still dont think we will play many more than 9 players.  I think we will definitely redshirt brooks-harris and dillon, and i think brooks harris will be great before he leaves; so its not a knock on him.  Why would we waste playing them 3-5 minutes a game?  I have also been disappointed in IB thus far.  I was one of those who watched a couple of practices and annointed him the next coming.
    I think minutes will go to the following in this order.
    1) Elmore
    2) Burkes
    3) West
    4) Williams
    5) Beyers
    6) Watson
    7) George
    8) Bennett
    9) Sustic
    10) Kinsey/Murphy

I dont see Dan just completely doing away with his iron 5 philisophy.  Certain players will get the majority of minutes.  Personally, i would redshirt Kinsey and give Murphy those minutes.  Basketball is more thsn great leaping ability.  Redshirt Kinsey and Brooks Harris and they will be unstoppable by their senior year.  JMO.

Offline JReese

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 08:12:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Remember...In these Bahama games they play with NO coach on the bench so they can stay within NCAA rules.

thats not happening here.  Danny, Cline, Corney and rigot are ALL on the bench. Danny is coaching as usual.
    All I have ever truly wanted to be was a great dad.

Online svherd

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 08:35:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bennett is a freshmen and has been out of games for a while. It’s shows. He’ll get better as the season goes along.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 07:20:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Where did you hear that? Danny was walking the sidelines and all the assistants were on the bench as usual. It is VERY clear to see them on the YouTube broadcast. In fact, Danny was quite vocal with the refs in yesterday's game.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline MUonium

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 07:21:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i agree on comments about Bennett (at the moment)...a bit slow getting in to position on both ends and lacking hops, but very unselfish and seems to be happy in his current "supportive, get-in-shape role".   certainly an intimidating body on D by just his presence alone.  what i do like is that he finishes at the basket well and has pretty good touch...his body and feet will catch up to the brain and hands.

speaking of touch, Elmore's shooting form/release looks the best ever....very crisp, efficient and confident...go back and look at his form early in his career and compare!  he's worked as hard as anybody over the years.

as for the new guys....i'm really, really, really impressed   8)     can DD get all the these bodies working in unison....i think so as he's given me no reason to think otherwise!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, wlf, The E-Man

Offline Herd2believe

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 08:05:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have a hard time seeing any of the new guys besides Kinsey getting much run as we are stacked with returners, Bennett included as a returner and Elmore is a stud and joy to watch. That is all.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 11:10:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Darius is very good. But Cam is more skilled all around. Cam can handle, block shots, pretty much do everything. Him and Kinsey will be superstars before they leave here. And im not throwing out hyperbull!!!! Those 2 boys are long athletic and can play with a lot of confidence for freshman. Danny just has to fine tune everything and get the street ball out of everyone's system like he does every year. Once he does that and they clean up the pick and rolls we could be scary good.

I think Harris is twice the player George is, only thing George has on him is he is thicker.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 11:22:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have a hard time seeing any of the new guys besides Kinsey getting much run as we are stacked with returners, Bennett included as a returner and Elmore is a stud and joy to watch. That is all.

Beyers will get plenty of time when he comes in. He is the best shooter we have. (per Dan D'Antoni)
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 11:22:03 AM »

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 11:31:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure if this is correct, but I believe I've heard DD mention he doesn't believe in red shirting a player just for the sake of it. If they can play now then they play, no matter the minutes. Maybe that is false.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 11:49:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Harris is twice the player George is, only thing George has on him is he is thicker.

I have to agree. George is a very good player and getting better everyday. But Cam has the skill set and has tremendous timing blocking shots. He is very thin but reggie Miller was pencil thin also and was bigtime in the NBA. Cam will be one of the best players to ever play here if he stays for 4 years, mark it down!!!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 11:54:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't realize, but Cam was Ohio Prep Sportswriters Association first-team and Kinsey was second team.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 11:54:37 AM »