Author Topic: The Elmore Show!  (Read 2072 times)

Offline saherdfan

The Elmore Show!
« on: August 15, 2018, 07:39:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wow he could not be stopped.  He has sneaky skills.  He is fun to watch.  Anyone know what his stats where tonight?

HerdFans.com

The Elmore Show!
    « on: August 15, 2018, 07:39:33 PM »

Online mu79grad

Re: The Elmore Show!
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:43:54 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wow he could not be stopped.  He has sneaky skills.  He is fun to watch.  Anyone know what his stats where tonight?

Thank goodness he took over the game in the fourth quarter or I'm not sure The Herd could have pulled that game out.  He was a "man against boys!"

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:50:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 38 pts. We are very lucky he came back. Danny will have to figure out a rotation and somehow someway get the pick and roll going. I sure hope Beyers can go up and get it along with Jannson. Because that would be the only 2 big guys we have right now that can run the pick and roll.

Jon
    CJ
    West
    Williams
    ? Bennett?     Will be the starting 5. Then I would say Watson, George, Beyers, Kinsey and Sustic here and there would be the rotation IMO.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man, JReese

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 38 pts. We are very lucky he came back. Danny will have to figure out a rotation and somehow someway get the pick and roll going. I sure hope Beyers can go up and get it along with Jannson. Because that would be the only 2 big guys we have right now that can run the pick and roll.

Jon
    CJ
    West
    Williams
    ? Bennett?     Will be the starting 5. Then I would say Watson, George, Beyers, Kinsey and Sustic here and there would be the rotation IMO.

Bennett hasn't showed me anything against lesser competition. IB is slow on his feet, correction, I was expecting a more physical presence inside the paint.
    « Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:35:30 PM by The E-Man »

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, herdfan129

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 07:55:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That team got Elmore-ed! Great show from Jon.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline JReese

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 07:57:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  •  >:(
    « Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:14:13 PM by JReese »
    All I have ever truly wanted to be was a great dad.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 07:57:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bennett hasn't showed me anything against lesser competition. IB is slow on his feet, I wasn't expecting a more physical presence inside the paint.

His weight doesn't hurt him getting up and down the court so much. But it is really hurting his lateral defensive movement and his ability to get off the floor. It is hurting him getting up for boards and as we saw tonight when Jon thru up any alleyop, IB just couldn't go get it.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Always THE HERD, herdfan129

Offline HerdFanJ

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 08:21:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank goodness he took over the game in the fourth quarter or I'm not sure The Herd could have pulled that game out.  He was a "man against boys!"

IMO - we depended WAY too much on Elmore to win a game against a glorified YMCA team - I know this wasn't a real game and is more of a bonding trip but when Jon was out - we were not good against a team that is not NCAA level by any means. 

I'm concerned about IB running the floor as he seems to be stuck at half court all the time in transition,and after hearing the reports from practices how well he was doing I was disappointed, but maybe it will be better when the "lights come on".  Also, at least from the parts of the games I watched I was not impressed with Brooks-Harris - looked out of place to me and thought he was a walk-on until I looked him up on herdzone.com - a freshman (hopefully a redshirt candidate) so not time to panic yet but don't see him helping this season. 

Small sample size so not passing judgement, but very glad Jon Elmore and CJ are back, but think we are going to miss Penava more than we feared.....

The following users thanked this post: JReese

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 08:22:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Elmore was 13-16 from the floor.  5-6 threes.  7-7 from free throw line.  7 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 2 to's in 24 minutes.  Played and shot great!

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 08:28:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 08:30:35 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • It August, we are 6 1/2 months away until it all NEEDS to come together. One thing I have seen in all of Danny's team is they get better through the year. Iran will get better and so will the other freshmen. The most important thing I saw this week was that Elmore, Burks, West, Watson, Williams, and George all are still working on their game and not resting on their past laurels.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man, herdorbust, herdfan129

Online overherd1

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 08:40:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we are on good shape...plenty of room for improvement, but think we have the parts to have a good season.  West finished at the rim towards the end of the game...he needs to continue to get better at that. Freshman will help...some this and some down the road.  Bennett will get better and be important in certain games.  Hopefully everyone meshes and we will be very good at the end of the year.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 08:40:19 PM »

Offline MUtim

• All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 08:40:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After watching these games, i'm changing my prediction on the starting lineups. 
    G- Elmore
    G- Burks
    G- West
    F- Williams
    F- Beyers

From what i have seen in the practice I watched, Beyers can sky and will be able to do the pick and roll on the inside. We already know Williams can do it as well.

15-20 minute subs
    G- Watson
    F- George
    G- Kinsey

10-15 minute sub
    C- Bennett

0-10 minute sub
    C- Sustic

0-5 minute sub
    Murphy and Theineman

Redshirts
    Brooks Harris
    Dillon

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, JReese

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 08:43:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It August, we are 6 1/2 months away until it all NEEDS to come together. One thing I have seen in all of Danny's team is they get better through the year. Iran will get better and so will the other freshmen. The most important thing I saw this week was that Elmore, Burks, West, Watson, Williams, and George all are still working on their game and not resting on their past laurels.

+1

We looked bad and the competition was bad, but these games looked like pickup games at the Y. It doesn't mean anything with a DD coached team at this stage, and I'm not concerned in the least. We will be in contention for an NCAA bid once again at the end of the season, imo.

Go Herd!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 08:50:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After watching these games, i'm changing my prediction on the starting lineups. 
    G- Elmore
    G- Burks
    G- West
    F- Williams
    F- Beyers

From what i have seen in the practice I watched, Beyers can sky and will be able to do the pick and roll on the inside. We already know Williams can do it as well.

15-20 minute subs
    G- Watson
    F- George
    G- Kinsey

10-15 minute sub
    C- Bennett

0-10 minute sub
    C- Sustic

0-5 minute sub
    Murphy and Theineman

Redshirts
    Brooks Harris
    Dillon

I really hope that is our starting 5. but interior d wories me.

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 09:04:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bennett hasn't showed me anything against lesser competition. IB is slow on his feet, I wasn't expecting a more physical presence inside the paint.

I was trying to give IB the benefit of the doubt, but you are correct.  He has a ways to go.  IB stands in no mans land all the time.  DD will get him ready if he will work hard enough.  Sure would look good at Nose Tackle!  lol
    « Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:44:19 PM by saherdfan »

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 09:21:33 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

Agree with E but, hope he meant Was Expecting .... Bennett seems a project.

Mark Cline needs more time to help him find a role, offensive or defensive or both or either.

Still needs to lose 20 lbs and get in competitive D1 shape. As of now, a spot player at best.

But it’s fun to see an opponent run into him and bounce back three feet or more. 8)

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    G- Elmore
    G- Burks
    G- West
    F- Williams
    F- Beyers

15-20 minute subs
    G- Watson
    F- George
    G- Kinsey

10-15 minute sub
    C- Bennett

0-10 minute sub
    C- Sustic

0-5 minute sub
    Murphy and Theineman

Redshirts
    Brooks Harris
    Dillon

This is exactly what I think after this Bahama's trip as well. I have Sustic and Bennet as equals though.

Man, I'd love to Redshirt Harris and Dillon.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 09:26:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The good thing is IB can become a very good player. Its not like he is a project. The only thing holding him back is 40-50lbs. I know they say 320 is all he needs to be but i just disagree. For him to reach his full potential, he needs to be 290-300. If he can get there, we will have something special. Its all going to depend on how bad he wants it.

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, parshall2marshall

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 09:36:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree with E but, (hope he meant Was Expecting) .... Bennett seems a project.

Mark Cline needs more time to help him find a role, offensive or defensive or both or either.

Still needs to lose 20 lbs and get in competitive D1 shape. As of now, a spot player at best.

But it’s fun to see an opponent run into him and bounce back three feet or more. 8)

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I need to start proof reading, lol..

Offline GoHERDPT

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 10:03:15 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • This will be a great opportunity for Bennett to see himself on film against a team in real-ish competition outside the friendly confines of the Henderson Center. Outside of his comfort zone - the only place he has likely played for over a year. Out of the country as well.  There is a reason he was out of place often - he is still learning. You play a lot more timid when you are unsure where to be and what to do. Plus, he has been out of competition for some time. Once he learns the offense and the pace of play, he will be able to play more on instincts with better speed. Teaching is really where coach D shines.
    That being said...he still looked pretty slow and not very dominant around the rim.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 10:12:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  IB 6'9" 350 lbs. 

Shaq
    Height: 7'1" (216 cm) Weight: 303 lbs (137 kg)

He is just way too big at this time.  Really needs to get under 300lbs to be effective in my opinion.  I am sure DD will prove me wrong!!

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 10:12:32 PM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 10:19:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IB 6'9" 350 lbs. 

Shaq
    Height: 7'1" (216 cm) Weight: 303 lbs (137 kg)

He is just way too big at this time.  Really needs to get under 300lbs to be effective in my opinion. I am sure DD will prove me wrong!!

It's better to be proved wrong and win as opposed to being right and we lose! lol

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, wasbarryb

Offline REL70

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 10:59:17 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought Bennett looked better every game. I think back to last year with George and Williams. Both of them looked shaky early, but as the season got to the end, one was starting while the other one was playing major minutes. It’s August, Bennett will be fine.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, horsrman, Herd2believe

Offline chris88

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 11:18:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMO, Bennetts biggest issue except for the weight is he seems to have no idea of how to use his body on inside.....he blocks out at times but doesn't bend his legs to be able to spring for rebounds...not sure if he even got one.  He sets good picks outside but he doesn't lean in or attack rim inside.  He has a smooth set of hands but uses them more like a guard than a guy with size.  He is not a Center and shouldn't be playing center but I think he could still be a good PF once he learns how to use his body/size more effectively. First thing I would say is "psst. you're not a guard...dunk the damn ball". Sustic seems to be struggling a little to adjust to the pace.

That other team today was talented enough to win some games in CUSA...very quick, play together for most part, and has guys that can make shots.  Honestly, they made Marshall look slow for a good part of the game and had little trouble breaking press/pressure.  No way MU wins without Elmore. They looked like they have played together for awhile.  We had like 5-6 guys who have never played D1 bb as a unit until this trip.  Saw good things from all the new guys.  Dillion, Harris, and Tinsley all look pretty poised. We need to rebound the ball much better as a team...hopefully Beyers will help that.  DD will have them jelling at right time, but without Peneva in middle I hope people aren't expecting miracles.  A lot had to go right to get to NCAA's and win last year. With Elmore and Burks etc we'll have a chance most nights but I don't think we'll be a dominant team with tons of blowout wins...certainly not in first half of season.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 11:18:34 PM »