Author Topic: whos gonna bitch about Chuck for this article ?  (Read 983 times)

Offline NewBombTerk

On Halloween night 1965, The Beverly Hills Residents Assocoation wants to tear down TUBBY'S DRIVE INN and one year later open an office building. For one last night The "HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS" reigned supreme and left their mark on Beverly Hills forever !

HerdFans.com

whos gonna bitch about Chuck for this article ?
« on: August 16, 2018, 12:39:26 AM »

Offline BHFIOHIO

Re: whos gonna bitch about Chuck for this article ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 05:22:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • so what?

The following users thanked this post: SuperAnjario

Offline MUPhish

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 10:13:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • That made me nauseous. Could he have made that any more about himself?

The following users thanked this post: MUther

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Obviously they have been friends for a long time. I knew them both when they lived in South Hall. He grieves for a lifelong friend.
    If writing this helps with closure, then God bless him.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: marcbuff, scherd, MUinDE, Collis P, ed swain, The E-Man, herdorbust

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 10:48:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In all fairness to Chuck, he's grieving over losing a friend of many years. I can sympathize with Chuck, I'm carrying a heavy heart as well, because Reggie is like a big brother to me. The last few months, I've lost a few good Herd friends in DShoe, and now Reggie.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, marcbuff, MUinDE, coalherd

Offline MUAlum2004

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 10:51:08 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seriously people? What’s wrong with this?

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seriously people? What’s wrong with this?

I'm trying to figure it out myself..

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It’s the last line that got to me: “Until we meet again, Reggie.”

How many times I’ve said this when losing people close to me.

Until we meet again. . .

Someday we will.

The following users thanked this post: marcbuff, ed swain, The E-Man

Offline herd2win

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 11:23:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Article was fine...

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only think worthy of complaining about is this thread. What a piece of garbage way to bring up his article. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his article. He is doing nothing but grieving a friend. When we lose people we love we often think of memories of both of us/them together.

The following users thanked this post: overherd1

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 11:27:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only think worthy of complaining about is this thread. What a piece of garbage way to bring up his article. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his article. He is doing nothing but grieving a friend. When we lose people we love we often think of memories of both of us/them together.

Offline NewBombTerk

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 12:14:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

thanks for replying to my thread TWICE IN A ROW ….. Im praising Chuck for writing the column ….. not knocking him down like so many people do on these boards …. my heart is heavy also ….. I wish I had the opportunity to write an article about losing a dear friend ….. im glad Chuck did !
    On Halloween night 1965, The Beverly Hills Residents Assocoation wants to tear down TUBBY'S DRIVE INN and one year later open an office building. For one last night The "HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS" reigned supreme and left their mark on Beverly Hills forever !

The following users thanked this post: scherd, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 12:14:49 PM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 12:17:39 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some on here need to take a Pamprin and stay away from Chucks articles. HD Media could force a steady diet of Vingle columns on us. Chew on that.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Big City, The E-Man, herdorbust

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 01:41:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will be missed...  Reggie carried a large burden for all of Marshall.  No one will be able to carry the torch like he did.  If there is ever a time to watch your tong this would be that time.  Lets grieve and celebrate a great man and his contribution to the school we all love.  This is not time for petty arguments!  Lord help us all...     

The following users thanked this post: marcbuff, svherd, MUinDE, The E-Man

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Obviously they have been friends for a long time. I knew them both when they lived in South Hall. He grieves for a lifelong friend.
    If writing this helps with closure, then God bless him.

Were you in South Hall Herdmeister? If so, what year(s)?

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 03:45:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Chuck has an agenda vs Doc and MH...its why he fits in so well here.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 04:43:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chuck has an agenda vs Doc and MH...its why he fits in so well here.

With respect to Chuck, I don't think he has an agenda against Doc, and Hamrick. Chuck loves Marshall, and he's trying to get the best information possible for Herd fans. Let's face it, The Shewey Building has been lacking transparency for the media and Herd fans.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love calling Chuck a not so smart when he deserves it but I'm not sure whats wrong with this blog post of his.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 07:01:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Unlike some ..I remember him printing that D Johnson sneaked across the Ohio River for treatment so that we wouldnt know. But it didnt happen. He said a coach was on the way here to interview when we hired DD and was told via phone. The coach said it didnt happen. His "sources" are very questionable.. Someone posted on here that MH took perks away because of his negativity. Much more along these lines including remarks he made on radio after Snyder was hired that didnt sound like someone with kelly green blood. I gave up on him a long time ago. Doing things because its your job sounds a lot like prostitution to me.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 07:03:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In all fairness to Chuck, he's grieving over losing a friend of many years. I can sympathize with Chuck, I'm carrying a heavy heart as well, because Reggie is like a big brother to me. The last few months, I've lost a few good Herd friends in DShoe, and now Reggie.

Spot on, E.  Obviously when we lose those types of friends, we again are confronted with our own mortality.  I'm sure this is true with Chuck.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 07:16:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unlike some ..I remember him printing that D Johnson sneaked across the Ohio River for treatment so that we wouldnt know. But it didnt happen. He said a coach was on the way here to interview when we hired DD and was told via phone. The coach said it didnt happen. His "sources" are very questionable.. Someone posted on here that MH took perks away because of his negativity. Much more along these lines including remarks he made on radio after Snyder was hired that didnt sound like someone with kelly green blood. I gave up on him a long time ago. Doing things because its your job sounds a lot like prostitution to me.

Maybe Chuck sources gave him bad info on purpose and he ran with it, just saying. I had posted on here about 3 weeks before DD was hired, before anyone else knew. As for Snyder, Chuck was right about that hire. We know now that was a terrible hire and set us back at least 7 years if not longer.

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 08:47:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chuck has written some goofy stuff but this is a great piece.  I'm glad he shared his memories of Reggie with us.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 08:47:06 PM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 11:07:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Spot on, E.  Obviously when we lose those types of friends, we again are confronted with our own mortality.  I'm sure this is true with Chuck.
    With respect to Chuck, I don't think he has an agenda against Doc, and Hamrick. Chuck loves Marshall, and he's trying to get the best information possible for Herd fans. Let's face it, The Shewey Building has been lacking transparency for the media and Herd fans.

E, the lack of transparency with FB & MBB is not a trait unique to Marshall...it's the SOP procedure with just about all the D1 programs. DD's is the exception, not the rule.

Coal, that is a great point. But it goes a step further than the reality of mortality...it's the loss of someone who shared experiences, tears, anger and laughter while viewing the world during the same era of time. Several years ago I lost one of my two best friends. Recently one of my two younger brothers died. Chuck did a great job of attempting to express feelings & emotions which really can not be expressed in words or tears. 
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, coalherd

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 06:44:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Were you in South Hall Herdmeister? If so, what year(s)?

No, I had a good friend that lived there for 69-71, I think. I was a sports writer at that time and would come down to cover Herd games. I would often stay there on Sat night after games with my buddy
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 06:44:16 AM »