Author Topic: The REAL Alex Thomson / Isiah Green Dilemma.  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Re: The REAL Alex Thomson / Isiah Green Dilemma.
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 07:36:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Saturday passing stats were rather telling.
    Green: 15/21 198 yards 1 TD
    Morell: 6/9 78 yards 1 Int
    Thomson: 4/14 44 yards 1 INT
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD, parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 07:36:44 AM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2018, 07:45:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Very telling.

Online svherd

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2018, 08:23:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Green has done very well through the spring and fall camps. Everyone was hopeful AT would do what everyone thought he could do, but obviously the shoulder is still an issue. Hopefully with rest he can get it to 100% or close. Wonder if he can apply for a medical redshirt? Hell, Dowdy from WKU was there for 12 years it seemed due to MR's.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2018, 08:40:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Green has done very well through the spring and fall camps. Everyone was hopeful AT would do what everyone thought he could do, but obviously the shoulder is still an issue. Hopefully with rest he can get it to 100% or close. Wonder if he can apply for a medical redshirt? Hell, Dowdy from WKU was there for 12 years it seemed due to MR's.
    It was already expected he would apply for a medical redshirt to get last year back. That is why MU lists him as a junior and not a senior.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

Online svherd

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2018, 08:41:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was already expected he would apply for a medical redshirt to get last year back. That is why MU lists him as a junior and not a senior.

So he could conceivably sit this year out and still have two years left? Correct?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2018, 09:11:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

So much for some of these posters acting like AT was/is the next coming. I've been on the Green bandwagon since Spring ball and I am getting comfy on the wagon. Rest of yall are welcome to join anytime.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2018, 09:12:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So he could conceivably sit this year out and still have two years left? Correct?

I dont think so but I could be wrong.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2018, 09:51:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lets hope AT gets his shoulder healthy at some point and can have a career in football. But at this point I wouldn't count on it. JMO!!!

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Green’s numbers look like a Cramsey offense.  Simple!

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My take, from all I have read ( and definitely not seen ) is that even IF AT was promised the job ( and there is strong evidence in my mind that he has done that for players in the past ), at this point there is no way AT can start at Miami. I look for Green to take the job and run with it. Would love to see Morrell get some game time as well.

I think you try like heck to get a 6th year for AT to at least help keep the above 2 on their toes. If Green goes down and AT is healthy enough to play then I see that as the real dilemma scenario. Hopefully that won't happen. But if AT plays and be kept upright I think he has shown flashes of the tools and should have the savvy to lead the Herd down the field.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2018, 11:18:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My take, from all I have read ( and definitely not seen ) is that even IF AT was promised the job ( and there is strong evidence in my mind that he has done that for players in the past ), at this point there is no way AT can start at Miami. I look for Green to take the job and run with it. Would love to see Morrell get some game time as well.

I think you try like heck to get a 6th year for AT to at least help keep the above 2 on their toes. If Green goes down and AT is healthy enough to play then I see that as the real dilemma scenario. Hopefully that won't happen. But if AT plays and be kept upright I think he has shown flashes of the tools and should have the savvy to lead the Herd down the field.

My worry is no matter who starts, there is bound to be some growing pains. And you are going to have people wanting to see the "other" guy. Whoever starts better play lights out or they are going to hear the chant for the other guy.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My "real dilemma" is whether I really want to read posts that start out negative about something that doesn't need to be described in those terms.  Green has an incredible opportunity for a RS freshman.  From the reports on the Insider board, it looks like he is learning and making the most out of his opportunity.

I suspect that the reason that NFL scouts ask for Alex to throw for Brady has to do with the fact that Phil Sims has him touted as being an NFL prospect.  Why would an NFL scout care who throws the balls other than they can kill two birds with one stone by seeing what AT has as they evaluate Brady.

Green has four more years.  I don't see any "dilemma" associated with him.  I see an incredible opportunity for him, and possibly for us as Fans.  It will all play out on the field.  Best of luck to all the QBs. 
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, Marshall#1, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 11:22:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't like the idea of playing someone who is clearly not recovered from a previous injury. It makes full recovery more unlikely and risks permanent lifelong problems.

Play a healthy Green and give Thompson a chance to get to 100%. 

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, svherd, Johns1124, chris88, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 01:26:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • AT experiment should be over. Why would you play Green this year, just to bring AT back next year and start for a final year with Green having 3 more years left.
    That makes no sense. If AT can fit into a Duel-QB situation, maybe. If not... well time to bid farewell and look for a 3rd QB (Fros) next year, and quit wasting time
    with AT.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2018, 01:40:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • AT experiment should be over. Why would you play Green this year, just to bring AT back next year and start for a final year with Green having 3 more years left.
    That makes no sense. If AT can fit into a Duel-QB situation, maybe. If not... well time to bid farewell and look for a 3rd QB (Fros) next year, and quit wasting time
    with AT.

We did it with Pennington.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2018, 01:56:53 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Penny still a skinny 2nd yr guy vs a solid Fla transfer Sr

Green a solid 210 lb 3rd yr guy vs a wounded Wagner transfer

Big, Big difference

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, Herdfan2005

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2018, 02:00:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    with AT.

I think the Internet is about to freeze over, because I'm not only going to agree with Champ, I'm going to expand on it.

Pennington often admitted that spending his Sophomore year on the bench was extremely difficult at the time, but turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened in his development. Playing Green this year then have him beat out by Thompson next year may very well be the best that could have for Marshall, Green and Thompson.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2018, 03:56:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the Internet is about to freeze over, because I'm not only going to agree with Champ, I'm going to expand on it.

Pennington often admitted that spending his Sophomore year on the bench was extremely difficult at the time, but turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened in his development. Playing Green this year then have him beat out by Thompson next year may very well be the best that could have for Marshall, Green and Thompson.

If AT can't beat out Green this year, what makes you think he could win the competition next year with Green most likely having a year of starting experience.  Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, herdfan129

Online svherd

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2018, 04:10:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope they both can play. Just have to wonder how long AT’s shoulder will hold up.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2018, 04:16:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If AT can't beat out Green this year, what makes you think he could win the competition next year with Green most likely having a year of starting experience.  Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

First I don't care who is QB, I want a healthy QB capable of winning.

As for whether he could beat out Green next year, I'm relying of the reports here on the site. Apparently many think Thompson at 80% is a better choice than Green.  If so a healthy Thompson at 100% against and experienced Green should be an interesting contest. Who would win out is not a prediction I'm trying, or willing, to make.

Offline Marshall#1

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2018, 04:23:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So much for some of these posters acting like AT was/is the next coming. I've been on the Green bandwagon since Spring ball and I am getting comfy on the wagon. Rest of yall are welcome to join anytime.

Same here, been rooting for Green to step up and take the reins and I'm sorry I have nothing against AT but when you barely throw in summer camp you do not automatically get the start. Green is our guy and it's time for everyone to rally around him he's had a great summer camp!

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the Internet is about to freeze over, because I'm not only going to agree with Champ, I'm going to expand on it.

Pennington took a RS. He didn't sit on the sidelines wasting a year of his eligibility. Big time difference. Green has already sat out his year.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2018, 04:25:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First I don't care who is QB, I want a healthy QB capable of winning.

As for whether he could beat out Green next year, I'm relying of the reports here on the site. Apparently many think Thompson at 80% is a better choice than Green.  If so a healthy Thompson at 100% against and experienced Green should be an interesting contest. Who would win out is not a prediction I'm trying, or willing, to make.

Only person to make crazy statements such as that is goherd24 and I don't think he has been to any practices to watch with his own eyes. I could be wrong, but I asked if he has been to practice and haven't heard. I don't remember him saying he has been so I'm assuming he hasn't.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2018, 04:25:29 PM »