Author Topic: H-D: Wheelersburg's Holden narrows college choices  (Read 757 times)

Offline Buffalo Bop

H-D: Wheelersburg's Holden narrows college choices
« on: August 20, 2018, 12:32:25 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
    "I like Marshall and Winthrop," Holden said. "They both have great coaching staffs who are really down to earth and are straight up and don't sugarcoat things. Both are programs that are rising. That Marshall made the NCAA tournament and won a game last year is great."

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/high_school_sports/wheelersburg-s-holden-narrows-college-choices/article_36a5b987-b573-559e-bed0-1177c9068e70.html

Could there be another Holden in Marshall's basketball future?

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Garbanjo, herdfifteen, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

H-D: Wheelersburg's Holden narrows college choices
    « on: August 20, 2018, 12:32:25 AM »

Offline svherd

Re: H-D: Wheelersburg's Holden narrows college choices
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 08:24:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That would be awesome to see.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline chris88

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 11:31:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2 Things:

- If he jumps/rebounds as well/as quickly as his father did we need him ASAP.  The fact that he also has an outside game would seem a positive in DD's system.

- Who is the creepy dude behind the basketball support peeking out in that picture?  I mean I get trying to catch a glimpse at the cheerleaders etc but it looks weird the way he is doing it :)
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 09:56:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He is a stud in football and surprised he isn't going that route.  I am pretty good friends with his high school coach so Ill keep an ear open.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, chris88, herdfan129

Offline coalherd

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 11:26:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is young Holden as big as his dad?  I believe Rodney was listed at 6'7" when he played for the Herd.

Online yogiherd

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 01:14:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is young Holden as big as his dad?  I believe Rodney was listed at 6'7" when he played for the Herd.

247 sports has this:"Tanner Holden is a 6-6, 170-pound Small Forward from Wheelersburg, OH." Verbal commits has 6-6, 171.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline LCHerdfan

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 06:40:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This would be great, he'd need to put on about 30 lbs though.

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 08:55:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This would be great, he'd need to put on about 30 lbs though.

Typical HS basketball player . He be a good pickup.
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline chris88

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 08:58:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Older Holden was tall/skinny when he arrived as well.  I remember meeting him within a week or two of him arriving.  Younger Holden still has a year to put on weight/get stronger and he is playing FB again this fall and would likely show up bigger than his dad.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline herdman22

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 10:38:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rodney is such a great guy.  We need a rebounder like him on this team.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 10:38:23 AM »