Author Topic: Jeff Goodman’s preseason top 25  (Read 2306 times)

Offline goherd14562

Jeff Goodman’s preseason top 25
« on: September 24, 2018, 03:15:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall didn’t even make his next 25. This guy is a joke. This stuff means absolutely nothing and I don’t care I just like to see people’s reactions lol.
    https://watchstadium.com/news/jeff-goodmans-2018-19-college-basketball-preseason-top-25-rankings-09-10-2018/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:38:27 PM by goherd14562 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

Jeff Goodman’s preseason top 25
    « on: September 24, 2018, 03:15:42 PM »

Offline CoachSkip

Re: Jeff Goodman’s preseason top 25
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No CUSA team to be found .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 03:36:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc quality prognostication. Pick the safe bets, go with the flow, don’t take any risks.

He’s getting clicks and no one is going to bring this puff piece up again three months from now.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think he is the one that said hiring danny was a big mistake. He is having to eat those words and doesnt like it.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man, miltonherdfan, goherd14562, REL70

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 07:28:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hes admitted he was wrong about DD plenty of times , hes ate it for sure .

One MAC team made it - Buffalo . One A10 team , Davidson .
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 07:31:55 PM by CoachSkip »
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline Herdfan73

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 07:32:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Being top 50 in basketball is equivalent to being top 18 in FBS football.  We can have a really good season, but I don't think us not being in top 50 is a sham.

Online Johns1124

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 07:34:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]4
  • It's about right. I know everyone is jacked-up about the upcoming Basketball season. Don't be surprised when MU starts 5-5 and
    in the first 10 games and people are upset. Take it in perspective. Last year they ended up 4th in the conference (great improvement)
    had to make a good run in the conference tourney to make the NCAA (or it would have been CBI bound). Good win over a overrated
    Shockers squad, and then got pounded by one of the Top 5 teams in the tourney WVU. Don't get your hopes too high this year. Take it in stride.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 07:54:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's about right. I know everyone is jacked-up about the upcoming Basketball season. Don't be surprised when MU starts 5-5 and
    in the first 10 games and people are upset. Take it in perspective. Last year they ended up 4th in the conference (great improvement)
    had to make a good run in the conference tourney to make the NCAA (or it would have been CBI bound). Good win over a overrated
    Shockers squad, and then got pounded by one of the Top 5 teams in the tourney WVU. Don't get your hopes too high this year. Take it in stride.

Can someone ban this poutie troll ? This Marshall basketball team might not lose more than 5 the entire season.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online Johns1124

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 08:52:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can someone ban this poutie troll ? This Marshall basketball team might not lose more than 5 the entire season.

Really?
    EKU (w)
    Hofstra (W)
    MSM (W)
    NC A&T (w)
    Maryland (l)
    W&M (l)
    Ohio (toss)
    Duquesne (l)
    Toledo (w)
    Morehead (Toss)
    Akron (w)
    T A&M (l)
    Virginia (l)
    Old Dominion (l)

5-6 Right there.. With two tossups.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 09:00:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really?
    EKU (w)
    Hofstra (W)
    MSM (W)
    NC A&T (w)
    Maryland (l)
    W&M (l)
    Ohio (toss)
    Duquesne (l)
    Toledo (w)
    Morehead (Toss)
    Akron (w)
    T A&M (l)
    Virginia (l)
    Old Dominion (l)

You're a certified loon if you think Bill & Mary is a home loss and Morehead at home is close to being a toss-up. You basically guarantee losses to Duquesne, aTm, UVA, and Maryland. They won't be, more likely 2-2.

May I invite your @ss to Herdnation where they seem to embrace thugs and "clouds of negativity". You're a troll in my book.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 09:04:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really?
    EKU (w)
    Hofstra (W)
    MSM (W)
    NC A&T (w)
    Maryland (l)
    W&M (l)
    Ohio (toss)
    Duquesne (l)
    Toledo (w)
    Morehead (Toss)
    Akron (w)
    T A&M (l)
    Virginia (l)
    Old Dominion (l)

how can we take you serious when you cant even add? 5-6 with 2 tossups is 13. You just posted 14 games.

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 09:11:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hmm ,  I have us going 11-3 . I like my prediction better.
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 09:11:05 PM »

Online Johns1124

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 10:03:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You're a certified loon if you think Bill & Mary

Lost to them last year, by 10. The schedule is a lot tougher this year then last. W&M is not a bad team. Morehead will be much improved this year. Tell you what I can go from Toss to win on that, even tough we did lose to them last year.

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 10:18:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lost to them last year, by 10. The schedule is a lot tougher this year then last. W&M is not a bad team. Morehead will be much improved this year. Tell you what I can go from Toss to win on that, even tough we did lose to them last year.

Neither is a bad team. But a flurry of Marshall treys will subdue them. And if those aren't falling we will still find a way to win.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 08:06:15 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am the furthest thing from a troll but I am also believing that the hype is too high for this year...Peneva was a difference maker with all of the things he could do...last year was very special and something that historically hasn't happened in almost half a century....

This team should be good and will continue to play exciting basketball but I would not set the bar so high...enjoy the season and see how it plays out.

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 09:06:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am the furthest thing from a troll but I am also believing that the hype is too high for this year...Peneva was a difference maker with all of the things he could do...last year was very special and something that historically hasn't happened in almost half a century....

This team should be good and will continue to play exciting basketball but I would not set the bar so high...enjoy the season and see how it plays out.

I havent seen anyone set it to high. I have even said there is no huarantee we get back to the dance. I havent heard final 4, sweet 16 or anything. All i have heard is there is a ton of potential for a very special year. Nothing more and nothing less.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 09:14:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actially i dont hear near the hype predictions that i do for the football team every year. Cusa championship, talking access bowl etc... while we are struggling with moami o, eku and get beat badly at home against nc st. At least the basketball tram has something they can point to as something that gives us a lot of hope. A ncaa tournament win with virtually evrryone back. Yes will lost peneva and that was big. But we have a bigger and stringer williams and george. And bennett and kinsey, plus even better jon, cj, west and watson. Like i said nothing is guaranteed, but we will be more than fine.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdfan129

Online Johns1124

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 09:57:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • how can we take you serious when you cant even add? 5-6 with 2 tossups is 13. You just posted 14 games.

Take me serious? Read your last post!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 11:13:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Take me serious? Read your last post!

Ill save your 5-6 prediction and remind you later.

Offline Herd2believe

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 01:03:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For all you doom and gloomers about Penava. Don’t forget he didn’t even start as a sophomore. Yes he played great last year. DD will develop a replacement , Williams perhaps? That’s what he does, in DD we trust.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 01:40:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For all you doom and gloomers about Penava. Don’t forget he didn’t even start as a sophomore. Yes he played great last year. DD will develop a replacement , Williams perhaps? That’s what he does, in DD we trust.

And go back and read posts at the beginning of the year. They said i was crazy cause i said he was going to be special. Then i said he was a legit shot blocker and gor racked over the coals for that. Williams george beyers and bennett will do just fine.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 05:29:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm saying we win National Championship this year. I don't care what anyone else thinks. We are good enough to make a run like Loyola did. They were close and we are better than them......GO HERD!
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 05:29:04 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 06:38:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm saying we win National Championship this year. I don't care what anyone else thinks. We are good enough to make a run like Loyola did. They were close and we are better than them......GO HERD!

The thing loyola had was they meshed so well. They were actually very small except the big freshman. But they really played great together and shared the ball. It is so hard to get to the sweet 16 or higher out of 325 teams. But we have a lot of experience with shooters anything is possible. Its also possible we dont even get there. Depends on how this team jell’s.

Online Johns1124

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 08:59:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

A few of you are a few fries short of a happy meal!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2020, 08:54:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• A few of you are a few fries short of a happy meal!

You said they were going to be trash the year we went to the round of 32 also. You said Peneva couldn’t play lol!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2020, 08:54:41 PM »