Author Topic: Basketball  (Read 1983 times)

Offline herdfifteen

Re: Basketball
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks jstherd for a logical response.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »

Offline GoHERDPT

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 02:06:43 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are blowing teams out as we should be. I cannot remember any recent Herd team that did not come out and lay an egg early in the season (e. g. Morehead State, William and Mary, JMUx2). Kentucky struggled with VMI the other night and how about Furman beating Villanova. We were leading by 30 in the 2nd half. (I wish the football team did that Saturday.) This season will likely be full of ups and downs, just enjoy the ride!

The following users thanked this post: scherd, Herdmeister, herdfan129

Offline GCPCOLLINS7

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are in a Global event nearly every year. It allows us to play 31 games instead of 29. It also gives us 3 homes games and then one money gave. This year Maryland, last year Illinois. Previously Louisville and Ohio State.
    It is a way to get our feet under us and make some money as well. If you look at Maryland schedule you will see we have played the same 3 teams. That is the way it works. We always get the money game 4th.
    The only other way to get the 2 free games would be to go outside the US or an exempt event like Myrtle Beach or Charleston, SC. When you go to those it costs money. We need to make money not spend it. It all comes down to money.

Do you know if Virginia is in this Global Sports thing with us and Maryland? I noticed Maryland plays them after we do and prior to us playing them.

Offline jstherd

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 03:10:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll say one thing for you BB only boys, you get your panties in a wad real quick when anyone dares to question ANYTHING about BB. It must be nice to live in a perfect world. I don't.

Let me make it perfectly clear to all - I am a MARSHALL fan, through and through. I root for ALL teams. But, I'm not naive enough to think that EVERYTHING is perfect in any sport.  Fort example, one person's like for a style of play may not be the same as another. Some people prefer a fast pace offense in FB. Some don't. Nothing wrong with that......or is there?

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2018, 03:19:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll say one thing for you BB only boys, you get your panties in a wad real quick when anyone dares to question ANYTHING about BB. It must be nice to live in a perfect world. I don't.

Let me make it perfectly clear to all - I am a MARSHALL fan, through and through. I root for ALL teams. But, I'm not naive enough to think that EVERYTHING is perfect in any sport.  Fort example, one person's like for a style of play may not be the same as another. Some people prefer a fast pace offense in FB. Some don't. Nothing wrong with that......or is there?

Have you read all my posts? Im far from thinking basketball is perfect and have posted what we need to get better doing.

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 03:24:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do you know if Virginia is in this Global Sports thing with us and Maryland? I noticed Maryland plays them after we do and prior to us playing them.

I don't believe they are. Just us, Maryland, Hofstra, Mt. St. Mary's, and NC A&T.

Offline Luke80

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 10:40:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • UVA and MD is part of the ACC Big 10 challenge.  UVA is playing in the Battle for Atlantis in the Bahamas they get to beat MTSU in the first round. Teams can’t play 2 early “tournaments”

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 11:24:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herdfifteen is right on. That is not an indictment of the Marshall program, but it is an indictment of college basketball. The Dayton Flyers draw 13,000 for each home game. Their schedule is loaded with weak teams, but the fans come. It is a disservice to those fans. The Flyers are 3-0 against nobodies. Yet, Dayton refuses to play Wright State, located 10 miles from UD.

To my friend, Herdorbust:

I disagree. To me football is as exciting as BB and I am a fan of both. Tell me, what is exciting about watching Marshall beat up on NCA&T or North Florida? Like Herdfifteen, I have ESPN+ so I can watch MU BB. I'll be happy when we play some meaningful games, i.e., Friday night. Like Herdmeister states, I believe we have a shot. At least it will be worth watching!

And look at our "past" records against Dayton.....

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2018, 07:00:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do you know if Virginia is in this Global Sports thing with us and Maryland? I noticed Maryland plays them after we do and prior to us playing them.

No,. The Global is only 5 teams playing 4 games. Just coincidence that some of them are playing UVA
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Online elginherd

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2018, 09:34:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds to me like this group of practice watchers got kicked out of Franks barber shop and the closest place to congregate and tell tall stories was Henderson Center and they stumbled on a basketball practice...

Anything wrong with that?

Since they got kicked out of the barbershop, their behavior has improved. So give them a pass. After all none of them have missed any meetings with their probation officers.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2018, 10:11:10 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds to me like this group of practice watchers got kicked out of Franks barber shop and the closest place to congregate and tell tall stories was Henderson Center and they stumbled on a basketball practice...

What does it matter to you? Frankly its none of your business if we meet at the barber shop, the cam or walmart. Ill do what i please!!!!

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2018, 10:24:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Personally, since I can't get to practice, I enjoy what they have to say. I will have to say that herdorbust has been very honest when he has talked about us needing a presence in the lane, rebounding and the such. To me, all football has become boring, not just Marshall. It just takes too long for the game to play out.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, parshall2marshall, horsrman, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2018, 10:24:45 AM »

Offline Collis P

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2018, 10:52:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• What does it matter to you? Frankly its none of your business if we meet at the barber shop, the cam or walmart. Ill do what i please!!!!
    I have a suggestion Herdmeister, Herdorbust and myself who attend most of the practices.  Lets go back to the Barber Shop and stay away from any practice reports............ Seems to be a lot of animosity with BB............  Your choice nothing from me!
    S M I L E -

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2018, 11:21:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have a suggestion Herdmeister, Herdorbust and myself who attend most of the practices.  Lets go back to the Barber Shop and stay away from any practice reports............ Seems to be a lot of animosity with BB............  Your choice nothing from me!

May have to. I just hate it for the few who really appreciate it. I know what it would be like if i lived out of state how much i would enjoy it. But it may come to that sadly because of a few.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, 2xBison

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2018, 11:45:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I have no problem with an offense that doesn't snap the ball every 10 seconds. But, I do have a problem with an offense that runs the same plays over and over again and they do not work. It was like the days when Sonny Randle was here. I could set in the stands and call the play. You can pretty much do that now. We run the ball in the same area. We throw the ball in the same area. If a dumb fan like me can call the play, you can bet the other teams DC can call the play. I don't want to even go into the gutless punts that are done. I'm not saying take a Lane Kiffin risk, but on fourth and one in your opponents territory, you should have faith enough to be able to gain a yard. That is my problem with our football team.

Online chris88

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2018, 11:46:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep posting please or at least post it on premium board.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, HoPPy785

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2018, 11:50:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep posting please or at least post it on premium board.

I agree. Keep posting right here. Just because a select few doesn't like it should not mean the rest of us shouldn't enjoy it.

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2018, 12:16:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Premium board is a great idea . For $12 , it cant be beat .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, HoPPy785

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2018, 12:23:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have a suggestion Herdmeister, Herdorbust and myself who attend most of the practices.  Lets go back to the Barber Shop and stay away from any practice reports............ Seems to be a lot of animosity with BB............  Your choice nothing from me!

ignore some of the morons on here.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't believe DD still has open practices. I figured it would be closed by this time.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2018, 02:31:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't believe DD still has open practices. I figured it would be closed by this time.

Why? He has nothing to hide.

Online overherd1

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2018, 03:00:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Love and appreciate all practice reports.  Whether its domain board or premium board.  Good insight and much appreciated.

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2018, 03:00:45 PM »

Online herd2win

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2018, 03:12:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is the best thread ever....the tongue in cheek Frank's barber sharp was meant to be funny not serious...it shows how high strung some people are....we are MU fans which means most enjoy football and basketball...the problem is that the basketball first people go out of their way to criticize football and this puts the football first people on the defense...

Doc gets killed for the teams he beats but the fact is the basketball schedule has been the equivalent to playing 4 1-AA football teams to start the season...root for both and don't use the other to raise up the sport you prefer.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2018, 03:15:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is the best thread ever....the tongue in cheek Frank's barber sharp was meant to be funny not serious...it shows how high strung some people are....we are MU fans which means most enjoy football and basketball...the problem is that the basketball first people go out of their way to criticize football and this puts the football first people on the defense...

Doc gets killed for the teams he beats but the fact is the basketball schedule has been the equivalent to playing 4 1-AA football teams to start the season...root for both and don't use the other to raise up the sport you prefer.

Hofstra is not equal to 1Aa in football.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

Offline REL70

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2018, 03:23:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can’t always make it to practice so I enjoy everybody’s comments on practice. Everybody needs to relax. Some are going to miss a good season this year bickering over miscellaneous things. Enjoy the ride.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2018, 03:23:15 PM »