Author Topic: Gonzaga  (Read 807 times)

Offline herdorbust

Gonzaga
« on: November 21, 2018, 06:27:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is taking it to Duke. The zags are the best college team i have seen in a long time.

HerdFans.com

Gonzaga
    « on: November 21, 2018, 06:27:47 PM »

Offline chris88

Re: Gonzaga
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 06:36:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not over yet but Zags up 12 with 10 minutes left.  Duke does have 3 or 4 FR in starting lineup I believe
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Gonzaga can one day be Gonzaga...Marshall can one day be Gonzaga.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, parshall2marshall

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 06:45:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Our weight program needs to get better imo. Need to put on muscle much faster.

The following users thanked this post: cubsrams1

Offline chris88

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 07:21:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Our weight program needs to get better imo. Need to put on muscle much faster.

Many kids still growing even when they get to college and it is not healthy to try and rush extra weight.  You can build muscle mass and that will add some weight but overeating and weight training is not going to get a kid to a proper place alone...it really depends on the kids growth pattern.  This is from a fitness expert who has worked with many high level athletes. He says it is one of the biggest mistakes made with young BB players as AAU and college coaches will tell kids "you just need to get bigger/stronger" to be a top notch player/recruit. Late blooming athletes become fluid, bigger, stronger over time.  Unfortunately it doesn't always coincide with their HS/college careers. Peneva was a good example of being physically late blooming imo. His game jumped as he matured but he continued to hone his BB skills throughout process and boom.  When I read the article recently it made me think of the guy who convinced Peneva that a year just working on conditioning would be most beneficial to him.  "Gangly" athletes often give up a sport because their foot speed isn't what others is and they aren't fluid enough to be great players.  But if they continue to work on their skills, their body eventually catches up and they become fluid and effective players. The expert says a prep school and/or redshirt year can be very beneficial. Every kid has to be treated in a custom way that's most beneficial to his/her long term potential. Seems to me DD has a pretty good idea in this regard as well.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, elginherd

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 07:27:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Our weight program needs to get better imo. Need to put on muscle much faster.

True. Where do they lift? Basketball needs a commitment like what Gonzaga has done. They are also getting a higher caliber player compared to their 1999 team.

Offline svherd

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 07:30:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Gonzaga doesn’t field a football team. All the money goes to B’ball. Big difference.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, Buffalo Bop, Herdfan2005

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 07:43:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Gonzaga doesn’t field a football team. All the money goes to B’ball. Big difference.

No doubt. That is the elephant in the room. Economics plays a big factor.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline Herd72

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 08:33:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think by the end of the year - Duke handles Gonzaga by 10+ points. They are still learning to play together and win. Coach K’s teams always come on strong at the end of the year.

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 09:20:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]6

I see West Virginia passed the use of Recreation Marijuana.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 09:27:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I see West Virginia passed the use of Recreation Marijuana.

Isn't Gonzaga in Washington? Maybe that's a good idea.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 11:10:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Back to tonight's action.  In addition to Gonzaga, other "mid majors" who had a successful night include Creighton, who downed a ranked Clemson team from the ACC.  Also, GA State shed a lot of "flagship frustration" (if the term "flagship" even exists in Georgia's higher education structure) tonight as they soundly trounced the GAWGA Bulldogs by close to 30!!!  Finally, Loyola of Chicago played Boston College pretty tough before losing by about 10 or so.  BC looked pretty good and could be an ACC dark horse.

As for Herd foes, Rice lost tonight, but UTSA, FAU, and Southern Miss all won.  Akron (4-2) and Toledo (5-1) also won and should be pretty competitive foes for the Herd!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 11:10:08 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 08:05:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I see West Virginia passed the use of Recreation Marijuana.

F U pal

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 09:55:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think by the end of the year - Duke handles Gonzaga by 10+ points. They are still learning to play together and win. Coach K’s teams always come on strong at the end of the year.
    Unfortunately I agree, in fact don't know if they could beat them again now, but I enjoyed that look on Coack K after the defeat. Priceless.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 09:55:51 AM »