Author Topic: Herd Basketball Tickets . . .  (Read 789 times)

Offline coalherd

Herd Basketball Tickets . . .
« on: November 21, 2018, 11:21:52 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was over on the Herd Zone web site this evening and it looks like the Athletic Ticket Office has got some new ticket deals available.

I notice that they have some packages up including some conference packages involving both Thursday conference games and Saturday conference games.  They are also offering some $8 and $10 tickets I believe for some of our upcoming nonconference games, Morehead, Toledo and maybe Wm. & Mary next week.

The Herd has an unusual 5 game road "trip" over almost a month from the first week in Dec. to about the same time in January.  So with the Holidays coming up these ticket offers might make good "early" Christmas gifts for family, friends, or "still sitting on the fence" Herd basketball fans you may know!!  So all you Herd Fans posters let's spread the word and try to Jam the CAM for the Herd's remaining home games in 2018 . . . . and beyond!!

As the old TV commercial use to say:  "Tell your friends and bring them with you!".

The following users thanked this post: Collis P, elginherd, REL70

HerdFans.com

Herd Basketball Tickets . . .
    « on: November 21, 2018, 11:21:52 PM »

Online elginherd

Re: Herd Basketball Tickets . . .
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 11:38:11 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was over on the Herd Zone web site this evening and it looks like the Athletic Ticket Office has got some new ticket deals available.

I notice that they have some packages up including some conference packages involving both Thursday conference games and Saturday conference games.  They are also offering some $8 and $10 tickets I believe for some of our upcoming nonconference games, Morehead, Toledo and maybe Wm. & Mary next week.

The Herd has an unusual 5 game road "trip" over almost a month from the first week in Dec. to about the same time in January.  So with the Holidays coming up these ticket offers might make good "early" Christmas gifts for family, friends, or "still sitting on the fence" Herd basketball fans you may know!!  So all you Herd Fans posters let's spread the word and try to Jam the CAM for the Herd's remaining home games in 2018 . . . . and beyond!!

As the old TV commercial use to say:  "Tell your friends and bring them with you!".

Hey Coal, I just looked at Herdzone and I cannot find the deals referenced. Could you post the direct link?
    Thank you in advance.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 11:54:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey Coal, I just looked at Herdzone and I cannot find the deals referenced. Could you post the direct link?
    Thank you in advance.

elginherd, I swear this wasn't an "illusion".  Was over on that site earlier this evening and I know a ticket promotion visual was up like I described.  I went back on just after reading your comment.  Couldn't find the promo.  Went into the basketball home section of the site and went in to promos for the next 3 home games.  Looks like the last game before the Christmas Holidays they have a promo for that game concerning bringing a toy to the CAM and getting an eight buck ticket (Morehead game, maybe).

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

Offline REL70

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 11:58:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Online yogiherd

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 12:53:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey Coal, I just looked at Herdzone and I cannot find the deals referenced. Could you post the direct link?
    Thank you in advance.

It was sent by email and will not start until Friday(the way the email read was sales for  BlackFriday only). I tried to copy and paste it but just got a little of it since it wouldn't paste the pictures and etc..

Profile imageMarshall
    Home

Herd Black Friday Deals Announced
    Inbox

Marshall Athletics <HerdZone@paciolanmail.com>
    To:yogiherd
    Nov 21 at 6:30 AM
    Big Savings!
    Click Here To View On Web Browser
    Header
    logo
    Black Friday Only
    Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
    800-THE-HERD
    Marshall Athletics Ticket Office
    P.O. Box 1360
    Huntington, WV 25715
    UPDATE PREFERENCES OR UNSUBSCRIBE

In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 08:35:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, you have 24 hours beginning at midnight Thursday night until midnight Friday night. No fees attached and MUST be on line only.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Online elginherd

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 10:12:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks guys...I will be able to take advantage for a couple of games!

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, REL70

Offline REL70

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 01:13:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The quality of young men that play for our team and the style they play on the court makes watching Marshall basketball a blast. We may not win every time but it’s real easy to support this team. The Cam is the place to be. Hope everywhere can come out as much as possible and enjoy the ride.

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, elginherd, herdorbust, JReese

Offline coalherd

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 05:49:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks, all of you.  Man, I was beginning to doubt my sanity, or eyesight, or BOTH!!!  I swear I hadn't sampled any pre Thanksgiving libations either.  I was just glad to see MU promoting the Basketball program and trying to drum up ticket sales.  Anyone remembering not that far back when Memphis and UCF were still in CUSA knows that when Cal brought the Tigers and Donnie J. brought FUC to the CAM, before full or near full houses, the old Arena was really rocking and intimidating!! Its getting that way again for Danny's team.  No empty seats should be the ultimate goal; don't think the likes of MTSU, ODU and WKU have any idea what a raucous, fired up and packed Cam Henderson Center sounds like!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: elginherd, REL70

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 07:06:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks, all of you.  Man, I was beginning to doubt my sanity, or eyesight, or BOTH!!!  I swear I hadn't sampled any pre Thanksgiving libations either.  I was just glad to see MU promoting the Basketball program and trying to drum up ticket sales.  Anyone remembering not that far back when Memphis and UCF were still in CUSA knows that when Cal brought the Tigers and Donnie J. brought FUC to the CAM, before full or near full houses, the old Arena was really rocking and intimidating!! Its getting that way again for Danny's team.  No empty seats should be the ultimate goal; don't think the likes of MTSU, ODU and WKU have any idea what a raucous, fired up and packed Cam Henderson Center sounds like!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that UCF game well. Man was that place loud and rocking. Ole Donny came out from the opposite end of the arena so he wouldn't have to walk across the court. There have been some memorable games in the CAM. Marquette when we came back from 20 in the second half against them and Rick Majerus. Also it was bigtime loud when Skip and the boys played Vriginia Commonwealth in 88. Some of the games in the old SC when there was 10250 at the Citadel game. Good times and Danny is getting us there again.

The following users thanked this post: usedcars1, REL70

Online elginherd

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 07:59:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks, all of you.  Man, I was beginning to doubt my sanity...!!! 

You don't have to worry about that Coalherd...the rest of us having been doubting your sanity for a few years now ;)

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, coalherd, JReese

Offline coalherd

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 09:03:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You don't have to worry about that Coalherd...the rest of us having been doubting your sanity for a few years now ;)

Sounding like some of my family members there, elginherd!  :D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 09:03:54 PM »

Online chris88

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I remember that UCF game well. Man was that place loud and rocking. Ole Donny came out from the opposite end of the arena so he wouldn't have to walk across the court. There have been some memorable games in the CAM. Marquette when we came back from 20 in the second half against them and Rick Majerus. Also it was bigtime loud when Skip and the boys played Vriginia Commonwealth in 88. Some of the games in the old SC when there was 10250 at the Citadel game. Good times and Danny is getting us there again.

The Marquette game may have been loudest ever in HC....especially as we started coming back.  The closer it got the louder it got. All of the WVU games in Hton were raucos.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust, REL70

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 08:41:22 AM »