Author Topic: Miami Hurricanes star receiver Jeff Thomas dismissed from football team...  (Read 1028 times)

Offline jbailey1858

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Practice Squad
  • Member Since 10/2012

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

Online MicDrass1

Re: Miami Hurricanes star receiver Jeff Thomas dismissed from football team...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 01:22:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • True Fr this year. 

Has to do something for next 2 yrs before NFL shot.
    RS year with 3 to play.  Suspect he wants to play just 2 more college seasons.
    RS here soph year.  Play RS soph year.  With success déclarés or plays another.
    Green would be a junior and can sling the bomb pass. Good fit.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline goherd24

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 02:01:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • True Fr this year. 

Has to do something for next 2 yrs before NFL shot.
    RS year with 3 to play.  Suspect he wants to play just 2 more college seasons.
    RS here soph year.  Play RS soph year.  With success déclarés or plays another.
    Green would be a junior and can sling the bomb pass. Good fit.

Hope he is super fast, maybe then he can catch those over throws.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 03:11:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The coach wouldnt be talking about him not living up to their standards if there was nothing there. Why do we have to take these type kids? Cant we do it the right way?

The following users thanked this post: svherd, wasbarryb

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 03:31:29 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]-1
  • The coach wouldnt be talking about him not living up to their standards if there was nothing there. Why do we have to take these type kids? Cant we do it the right way?

As I clicked on this thread, and before seeing your post, I was asking myself; why is it every time a star athlete with questionable quality issues gets thrown off a team there is a contingent on this board that starts salivating at the prospect they might come to Marshall?

I'd much preferer having a coach that builds a team  from recruits that are coached up to being the national dumping ground for misfit stars.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, ThunderValley, CoachSkip

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 03:41:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Get him if you can.

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 03:43:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As I clicked on this thread, and before seeing your post, I was asking myself; why is it every time a star athlete with questionable quality issues gets thrown off a team there is a contingent on this board that starts salivating at the prospect they might come to Marshall?

I'd much preferer having a coach that builds a team  from recruits that are coached up to being the national dumping ground for misfit stars.
    [/quot

Well we have a coach and coaching staff that are unable to coach any player up.   

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hope he is super fast, maybe then he can catch those over throws.

Brady catches them and he’s not even close to super fast. Marshall doesn’t have any wr super fast. Super fast in football would be 4.2-4.3.  Fast 4.4.  We have neither type.

Offline svherd

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 04:09:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Hope he is super fast, maybe then he can catch those over throws.

Chase isn’t here anymore. Lol! You know I would go there. Ha!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline goherd24

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 04:17:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chase isn’t here anymore. Lol! You know I would go there. Ha!
    Haha. Would expect nothing less. Hope you're having a good Thanksgiving!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

Offline svherd

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 10:06:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Haha. Would expect nothing less. Hope you're having a good Thanksgiving!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I am. Hope you are as well. Go Herd!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdgadfly

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 12:41:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jeff Thomas has played two years for the "U." NFL rules require that candidates be three years past High School graduation to become eligible but those years have be playing for a college team.

Since the name of this game appears to be getting Thomas into the draft, expect him to enroll at Trans-Allegheny College (and Lunatic Asylum) where he can goof off on the field to keep himself fit and healthy while attending PhysEd classes for a year.

Then Mark Richt can put a buzz into the ears of professional players agents and  NFL Team recruiters but we should not "follow the money."

However, know that Jeff Thomas is no Randy Moss among wide receivers. His stats are relatively unimpressive.
    « Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 12:56:41 AM by herdgadfly »
    "Among the collegiate herd of sacred cows and their worshippers now buzzes the gad-fly."

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 12:41:54 AM »

Offline whf

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 12:27:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Didn't Brady come from the U; and Juwan Young as well?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 12:27:46 PM »