Author Topic: Maybe we should fire Doc and ...  (Read 1144 times)

Offline herdorbust

Re: Maybe we should fire Doc and ...
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2018, 01:20:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Be careful what you wish for, our worst loss over the weekend was not in football.

Yes but danny has done something doc couldnt come close to doing. That is the difference and there is always hope in basketball until the last game is played. Football is rinse and repeat year after year after year. 8-4 is no different than 6-6.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2018, 01:20:04 PM »

Online Herdalum83

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2018, 01:26:42 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why is it always the head coaches fault when we have two turnovers in the first two possessions, miss and extra point, have five backs on a punt team set, jump off sides twice on defense at critical times, and apparently refuse to learn not to bite on the play/action passes?

I'm betting he coaches to not do any of those things; just a guess really. I'd bet I'm right though.get

Because well coached, disciplined football teams don't have penalties, turnovers and those kinds of mental lapses that beat themselves very often. However, we routinely lose games in this fashion. That's a lack of preparation, a lack of discipline and a lack of execution. All of which is a direct reflection on the coach and the staff as well as the players which again are coached and recruited by the staff.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdHead

Online Herdalum83

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2018, 01:32:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree it is their job to prep a team but when a guy gets hit as he is throwing the ball that is not the fault of the HC. Also deciding to force a throw into a spot he shouldn’t isn’t a coaches fault especially as a freshman QB was doing. Cato, Chad, and Byron all did that.  At some point players have to be smart. It isn’t the coaches fault all the time.

Listen that isn’t someone supporting Doc saying that either.  I am just looking at it is for what it is.  There was a lot wrong with the game against Va Tech involving the staff but the hit and fumble and int is not their problem.  I just choose to look past hatred of someone at how something happens.  Now discipline with penalties or play calls....that is a different story.  Having kids ready to play?  Again different story.

Of course there is another team out there and sometimes they make plays that cause the mistakes, that's true. But when you constantly have the types of mistakes we have it's a problem. Good, well coached teams don't have 20+ turnovers. Good teams dont kill themselves with silly penalties on a regular basis

HerdFans.com

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2018, 01:32:15 PM »