Author Topic: Maybe we should fire Doc and ...  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Herd at Work

• Junior Varsity
  • Still wearin the green- and still winnin
Maybe we should fire Doc and ...
« on: December 01, 2018, 06:03:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Try to hire away the HC from JMU, any thoughts?
    "At Marshall we play for championships"-Bob Pruett

HerdFans.com

Maybe we should fire Doc and ...
    « on: December 01, 2018, 06:03:47 PM »

Offline whf

Re: Maybe we should fire Doc and ...
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 06:21:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Why is it always the head coaches fault when we have two turnovers in the first two possessions, miss and extra point, have five backs on a punt team set, jump off sides twice on defense at critical times, and apparently refuse to learn not to bite on the play/action passes?

I'm betting he coaches to not do any of those things; just a guess really. I'd bet I'm right though.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, jstherd

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 06:21:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I advocated this six or eight weeks ago.

Looks like he'll end up at ECU, they've got more $$$ than we do.

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 06:23:38 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why is it always the head coaches fault when we have two turnovers in the first two possessions, miss and extra point, have five backs on a punt team set, jump off sides twice on defense at critical times, and apparently refuse to learn not to bite on the play/action passes?

I'm betting he coaches to not do any of those things; just a guess really. I'd bet I'm right though.

If he's coaching not to do those things, and we do them game after game anyway, then he's a failure as a coach. That answer your question?

Offline goherd24

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 06:27:11 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

The captain of the ship is responsible for the ship, regardless. Why do.you doc apologists always make excuses for mediocrity? The fanbase is done.

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, svherd, herd33, MUAlum2004, herdfan129

Offline banker

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 06:50:44 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0

The things you mention are the result of a lack of clear focus and discipline.  John has stated that his "infallible" plan begins with being the "best prepared, most invested" team in the country.  Part of being prepared is being mentally ready to play the game and being focused on the small details that separate success from failure.

So one of two things is occurring.  Either the team is not well prepared or we have players that are mentally incapable of focus and discipline.  In either of those cases it is John's fault. He recruits the players and he prepares the players (or hires the coaches that do).

People complain that we don't have a QB.  Who recruits the players and evaluates the talent?  People complain our corners are bad and never look for the ball.  Who recruits our corners and coaches them?

Offline Herdfan73

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

There's not a coach in America that coaches his team on what he believes are bad techniques or strategies.  Or calls plays with intentions of making sure his team loses.

Does that mean all bad coaches are just victims?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdHead

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 06:57:53 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]1
  • Why is it that whf and Freg H are always the two swinging from Docs n¥t sac every time

Hahahaha...buncha filthy DOCKsuckers...they have to be family, employed by,  or think they are "friends" of his. I am sure they supported Snyder to the end too.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline goherd24

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 07:14:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Charlotte hired Houston it appears. Seems they'll be beating us in football again next season.

Offline herdman

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 07:19:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Maybe you  should read up what Urban Meyers says about blaming players.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 07:20:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hahahaha...buncha filthy DOCKsuckers...they have to be family, employed by,  or think they are "friends" of his. I am sure they supported Snyder to the end too.

Hahahaha    DOCsuckers, that's good.  Hope you don't mind if I remember to steal it later on. ;D

The following users thanked this post: THECHAMPISHERE

Offline herdman

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Charlotte hired Houston it appears. Seems they'll be beating us in football again next season.

I believe they withdrew the offer and he is entertaining other offers(primarily from ECU).

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 07:27:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe they withdrew the offer and he is entertaining other offers(primarily from ECU).
    Wish we could put our name in the running.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline whf

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 08:26:08 PM »
  • [Like]-1
  • [Dislike]2
  • Why is it that whf and Freg H are always the two swinging from Docs n¥t sac every time
    You know, my first response isn't really me. I let myself come down to the level of HerdBlizz, and I'm better than that.  I'm backing off being a wise-ass and striving to be a wise man.  I'll leave continuing to be a wise ass to several here on the board who love to tear others down behind their internet ID's. 

As for the Herd, they're better than a lot of you guys allow them to be too.  Oddly enough, I think Doc should be gone as well, but not for any of the reasons so many of you use.  Mine is simple, he's a poor communicator and a bad marketer for the program IMHO.  But he isn't a bad Head Coach, he isn't dumb, he hasn't forgot how to coach, and he honors you all and the rest of the fan base; regardless of how you treat him on an internet board.

So actually HerdBlizz, I'd not give you the honor...............
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:22:52 PM by whf »

Online svherd

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 08:39:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The coaches job is to prep the team, game plan, develop players and make sure they execute. But yeah, other than having a terrible record against teams with a pulse, he is a great coach. Lol!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdHead, Flat Tire 2, goherd24

Offline LUVTHATHERD

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 08:47:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The things you mention are the result of a lack of clear focus and discipline.  John has stated that his "infallible" plan begins with being the "best prepared, most invested" team in the country.  Part of being prepared is being mentally ready to play the game and being focused on the small details that separate success from failure.

So one of two things is occurring.  Either the team is not well prepared or we have players that are mentally incapable of focus and discipline.  In either of those cases it is John's fault. He recruits the players and he prepares the players (or hires the coaches that do).

People complain that we don't have a QB.  Who recruits the players and evaluates the talent?  People complain our corners are bad and never look for the ball.  Who recruits our corners and coaches them?
    +10000000000000

Offline herdman

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 08:55:45 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some guys give moral support to the coaches instead of looking at the overall good of the program. It happens with every coach. The issue is Marshall football is stagnant right now and is stuck in a rut. 

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline MUAlum2004

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 09:00:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc-suckers.  That’s some funny %^&* right there

Offline whf

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 09:30:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You know, my first response isn't really me. I let myself come down to the level of HerdBlizz, and I'm better than that.  I'm backing off being a wise-ass and striving to be a wise man.  I'll leave continuing to be a wise ass to several here on the board who love to tear others down behind their internet ID's. 

As for the Herd, they're better than a lot of you guys allow them to be too.  Oddly enough, I think Doc should be gone as well, but not for any of the reasons so many of you use.  Mine is simple, he's a poor communicator and a bad marketer for the program IMHO.  But he isn't a bad Head Coach, he isn't dumb, he hasn't forgot how to coach, and he honors you all and the rest of the fan base; regardless of how you treat him on an internet board.

So actually HerdBlizz, I'd not give you the honor...............

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 12:43:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • The coaches job is to prep the team, game plan, develop players and make sure they execute. But yeah, other than having a terrible record against teams with a pulse, he is a great coach. Lol!

I agree it is their job to prep a team but when a guy gets hit as he is throwing the ball that is not the fault of the HC. Also deciding to force a throw into a spot he shouldn’t isn’t a coaches fault especially as a freshman QB was doing. Cato, Chad, and Byron all did that.  At some point players have to be smart. It isn’t the coaches fault all the time.

Listen that isn’t someone supporting Doc saying that either.  I am just looking at it is for what it is.  There was a lot wrong with the game against Va Tech involving the staff but the hit and fumble and int is not their problem.  I just choose to look past hatred of someone at how something happens.  Now discipline with penalties or play calls....that is a different story.  Having kids ready to play?  Again different story.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 01:54:40 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ummm, well maybe the fumble by the QB occurred because Tech called a blitz on that first play and their veteran D tackle, who stated same on Virginia TV station in post game comments, blew right past our veteran offensive center who likes to call out Herd fans on twitter!!  Maybe, just maybe, our coaches could have better prepared our O line, and better prepared our D line when it came to sloppy tackling techniques, arm tackling, etc., resulting in numerous plays wherein Hokie ball carriers broke the initial, and sometimes, following Herd tackles, and continued to gain yards.  And maybe, just maybe, our coaches could have worked, taught, practiced our D secondary, especially corners, on not biting on the QB pump fake, or hitch fake, allowing Hokie receivers to blow right them on those long first half VT TD passes.  And, maybe, just maybe, coaching and teaching our safeties NOT to be standing flat footed as OBSERVERS on said plays, and instead giving those Herd cornerbacks some over the top assistance in coverage on said plays.

So yeah, maybe, just maybe, Herd Fans should be calling out and blaming guys like our Head Coach, and his HIGH 6 figure salary for NOT doing the DAMN JOB that he is suppose to be doing for that Salary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 07:12:36 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • We’ve got some really smart business people on this board. So what if we moved this from Xs and Os to business. You’re senior management (hamrick). You have the mid level manager (doc) you have your first level managers (position coach) and the players (staff).

Year after year you get turnover which you account and adjust for. However you notice at some point a group in the first level isn’t really growing, worst of all they are coming and going. The talent being acquired isn’t even a notch better, sometimes they actually get worse once in the seat. Further more people have shown up late through several different managers, customer satisfaction has had a steady decline. First and second levels have repeatedly discussed staffs mistakes (turnovers, missed assignments, penalties) hoping to correct but nothing works. You as senior management is telling everyone hey it’s ok we are making a little money. (7-5, 8-4) It’s better than losing money! no matter who you put in the seats of first level, the shareholders are desperate to see a return. When similar results happen the following year, (Cramsey) they vote no confidence in the mid level guy. As that senior manager how are you going to react?

This is exactly what is going on in Marshall land. I’m not for or against Doc really, but to say it’s not Doc’s fault the players do this is incredibly short sighted. The above scenario in the business world held on long enough gets everyone fired. Since Hamrick turned MU into a full fledged business we the shareholders get to turn their jobs into one too. Clearly based off fan support there is a large group seeking no confidence.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUAlum2004

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 07:12:36 AM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2018, 07:53:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We’ve got some really smart business people on this board. So what if we moved this from Xs and Os to business. You’re senior management (hamrick). You have the mid level manager (doc) you have your first level managers (position coach) and the players (staff).

Year after year you get turnover which you account and adjust for. However you notice at some point a group in the first level isn’t really growing, worst of all they are coming and going. The talent being acquired isn’t even a notch better, sometimes they actually get worse once in the seat. Further more people have shown up late through several different managers, customer satisfaction has had a steady decline. First and second levels have repeatedly discussed staffs mistakes (turnovers, missed assignments, penalties) hoping to correct but nothing works. You as senior management is telling everyone hey it’s ok we are making a little money. (7-5, 8-4) It’s better than losing money! no matter who you put in the seats of first level, the shareholders are desperate to see a return. When similar results happen the following year, (Cramsey) they vote no confidence in the mid level guy. As that senior manager how are you going to react?

This is exactly what is going on in Marshall land. I’m not for or against Doc really, but to say it’s not Doc’s fault the players do this is incredibly short sighted. The above scenario in the business world held on long enough gets everyone fired. Since Hamrick turned MU into a full fledged business we the shareholders get to turn their jobs into one too. Clearly based off fan support there is a large group seeking no confidence.

Perfect analogy. You nailed it buddy. Fans are wanting Doc gone MORE than snyder. We set a low in attendance last season, and I'd say we set it again this season. Next year will be even worse. The last couple years i have not wanted to buy season tickets and waste $1000 plus the big green donation, yet, i relented and held out hope. This season, my money is staying in my pocket, unless Doc resigns. The pocket book is the only place that Hamrick has to listen to. When the Joan is empty, even early season, before Doc blows a few games we shouldn't, they can't afford to not get rid of him.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUAlum2004

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2018, 08:25:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Hahahaha    DOCsuckers, that's good.  Hope you don't mind if I remember to steal it later on. ;D
    Be careful what you wish for, our worst loss over the weekend was not in football.

Offline rvntx

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2018, 01:11:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sure we need a coach that can not beat Colgate!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2018, 01:11:16 PM »