Author Topic: Iran Bennett's Foot Tonight  (Read 1361 times)

Offline HoPPy785

Iran Bennett's Foot Tonight
« on: March 19, 2019, 09:00:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone have more info? I saw he came back to the bench and appeared to not have anything on it. Please tell me it isn't something serious again. I hope he just tweaked it and was left out as a precaution.

HerdFans.com

Iran Bennett's Foot Tonight
    « on: March 19, 2019, 09:00:07 PM »

Offline Bigoherd

Re: Iran Bennett's Foot Tonight
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 09:16:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I too wonder what his status is after limping off.  He was really playing notably better tonight.  I was hoping it was a preview of what we could expect going forward.  I sure hope he didn’T reinjure that foot.

Offline svherd

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:21:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Slam me all you want but it is stupid to play him at this point. He needs time to heal those bones and not rush back. If he can’t take time to heal up, it will be chronic and he’ll never play a full season. Jmho

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, wlf, herdfifteen

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 09:23:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Slam me all you want but it is stupid to play him at this point. He needs time to heal those bones and not rush back. If he can’t take time to heal up, it will be chronic and he’ll never play a full season. Jmho

I have to agree with you. Don't understand why we played him tonight with nothing of real significance on the line. He did however look pretty good.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, wlf

Offline MrRobertPruett

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 09:57:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I understand the caution but if the doctors cleared him what do you want to do, have him walk around in a protective boot until next season? Hopefully it’s nothing major but if it is another stress fracture he’s got months to rehab.

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 10:00:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I understand the caution but if the doctors cleared him what do you want to do, have him walk around in a protective boot until next season? Hopefully it’s nothing major but if it is another stress fracture he’s got months to rehab.

Of course not, but you stick to the plan of not playing him until under 300lbs. They said he was at 312 tonight I believe.

Offline hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 10:04:56 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Talked to him after the game, wasn’t his foot. He said he went knee cap to knee cap with another player. He said his foot feels good.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 10:14:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Talked to him after the game, wasn’t his foot. He said he went knee cap to knee cap with another player. He said his foot feels good.

Great to hear. He had some really solid minutes tonight. He hit that 3 and it didn't surprise me a bit. Anyone that goes to practice wouldn't be shocked seeing that. He is a much better shooter than you would think. Also had a nice couple good moves around the basket. Once he gets more playing time and another 15-20 pounds off he is going to really turn some heads. Mark it down!!!!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Herdmeister, horsrman, goherd14562

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 10:52:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Good news!

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 11:16:21 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I understand concern about the foot.

That said, we have people who just look for a reason to go all “what are we doing, we’re stupid, I wouldn’t have done that” on this board.

Y’all need to cheer up.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, Herdmeister, MUAlum2004, horsrman, MUther, herdorbust

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 12:13:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I understand concern about the foot.

That said, we have people who just look for a reason to go all “what are we doing, we’re stupid, I wouldn’t have done that” on this board.

Y’all need to cheer up.

I think you are barking up the wrong thread if you think this is another pile it on Dan thread. I never expressed anger, and in fact ended up my comment with positivity saying IB looked good. I'd hate to lose him that's all. Dan was the one that mentioned the plan to not put him in game until under 300lbs so I think it's fair to wonder why we would after he said that. Whatever Dan thinks is best, he's the coach. Looking forward to a CIT Championship banner soon.

Offline svherd

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 07:55:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think you are barking up the wrong thread if you think this is another pile it on Dan thread. I never expressed anger, and in fact ended up my comment with positivity saying IB looked good. I'd hate to lose him that's all. Dan was the one that mentioned the plan to not put him in game until under 300lbs so I think it's fair to wonder why we would after he said that. Whatever Dan thinks is best, he's the coach. Looking forward to a CIT Championship banner soon.

Yep. The concern is for a young man trying to heal up and get in the physical shape needed to compete and help this program on a consistent basis. Some have reading comprehension issues. Have no issues with DD. Thankfully it wasn't his foot.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 07:55:33 AM »

Online elginherd

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 07:59:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't get me wrong, his foot healing properly should be concerning and I do think playing him right now is questionable.

However, there is a psychological element to rehabbing where the patient needs to see that his/her work is paying off. I would guess that giving Bennett a few minutes of PT as a reward for how well he's been doing so far in getting his foot & body together.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, HoPPy785

Offline luvherd

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 08:11:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If his foot has healed and he was cleared by doctors, this would be a great venue for him to improve his game.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, horsrman, HoPPy785

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 08:14:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If his foot has healed and he was cleared by doctors, this would be a great venue for him to improve his game.

Exactly. Another reason that Danny gave for wanting to be in the tournament.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, Always THE HERD, HoPPy785

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 08:39:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bennett and the last two signees will decide if we can compete next yr with WKU which has Anderson, Hollingsworth and lotsa bigs returning.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 08:46:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bennett and the last two signees will decide if we can compete next yr with WKU which has Anderson, Hollingsworth and lotsa bigs returning.

I’ll be surprised if Bassey isn’t a one and done.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 08:55:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They have size without him. I just looked at their roster. And they will bring in some newbies.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 09:18:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They have size without him. I just looked at their roster. And they will bring in some newbies.

And they will still have Stansbury as coach. And we have Danny. That always gives us a chance no matter how many shady tactics Stansbury uses.

Offline Refiners

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 09:29:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was beyond happy to see him get back on the floor before the season is complete. Look at the progress that Kinsey has made by getting minutes this seaso. Nothing like playing time to turn fresh into sophomores. It has to be good for evaluation purposes not only for the coaches, but for Bennett himself. It will reveal what he needs to work on as well as spur him on to work as he sees it pay off.

Offline svherd

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 09:30:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Don't they lose 2-3 starters, assuming Bassey leaves?

ODU loses three starters. Not sure about the other schools. USM?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline chris88

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 09:55:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bassey is not ready for NBA. Not saying he'll stay, but he should
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 09:55:47 AM »

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 10:07:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think you are barking up the wrong thread if you think this is another pile it on Dan thread. I never expressed anger, and in fact ended up my comment with positivity saying IB looked good. I'd hate to lose him that's all. Dan was the one that mentioned the plan to not put him in game until under 300lbs so I think it's fair to wonder why we would after he said that. Whatever Dan thinks is best, he's the coach. Looking forward to a CIT Championship banner soon.

You don’t understand why we played a kid who was cleared to play?

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2019, 10:09:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't they lose 2-3 starters, assuming Bassey leaves?

ODU loses three starters. Not sure about the other schools. USM?

WKU will be loaded again. Another 4 star coming in along with the leading JUCO scorer in America.

Bassey looked very good in all 3 games in Frisco. IMO, they didn't take full advantage of his game. They didn't get the ball into him nearly as much as they should have.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 10:11:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bassey is not ready for NBA. Not saying he'll stay, but he should

I watched him several times this year and have the same opinion. He reminds me of Whiteside, in the sense that you clearly see he will be a NBA player but he is raw. One more year would do him a lot of help. I actually hope he stays. I have fun hating WKU and a good WKU is more fun to beat.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 10:11:42 AM »