Author Topic: Iran Bennett's Foot Tonight  (Read 1354 times)

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

Re: Iran Bennett's Foot Tonight
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 10:12:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Slam me all you want but it is stupid to play him at this point. He needs time to heal those bones and not rush back. If he can’t take time to heal up, it will be chronic and he’ll never play a full season. Jmho

Thanks for your expert medical opinion, doc. Hope your practice is going well and the insurance is paying out.

Yep. The concern is for a young man trying to heal up and get in the physical shape needed to compete and help this program on a consistent basis. Some have reading comprehension issues. Have no issues with DD. Thankfully it wasn't his foot.

This doesn’t at all mesh with your post above, where you called Dan stupid for playing him before claiming to know the full medical diagnosis and practice for Iran.

I mean, you said to slam you all we wanted... I’m not slamming your opinion, I’m slamming you stating it as though it were fact.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 10:12:07 AM »

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2019, 10:13:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Johnnys and Joes>Xs and Os

Offline svherd

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 11:32:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for your expert medical opinion, doc. Hope your practice is going well and the insurance is paying out.

This doesn’t at all mesh with your post above, where you called Dan stupid for playing him before claiming to know the full medical diagnosis and practice for Iran.

I mean, you said to slam you all we wanted... I’m not slamming your opinion, I’m slamming you stating it as though it were fact.

That’s cool. I can take it. Just saying that rushing a fixation back too soon could cause the screws to back out. It’s rare but with pressure the big guy puts on those feet, could happen. I would assume Tao did the procedure. Like I said, glad to learn it’s not his foot.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 01:39:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To the he was cleared crowd. This is exactly why Nick Bosa left OSU. I’m not saying Bennett is an NBA prospect. However Bosa went from out a few weeks, to out till Michigan. Then when he withdrew it came out how serious the injury was. Colleges are going to do whatever it takes to get their people back into action. I’m not even implying the doctors don’t care, but team doctors are always going to push to get kids out there whether ready or not.

Only Bennett knows if he was. Selfishly it was nice to see him get some time.

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 01:57:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You don’t understand why we played a kid who was cleared to play?

Yes, I understand why a medically cleared player is playing. That's pretty obvious. What I didn't understand is why Dan himself on a call in show said IBs weight was a lot of stress on his feet (especially with his foot size) and he was concerned with injuring the foot again by playing IB over 300lbs. The announcers said he was at 312, which is over 300. Dan decides to play him anyway and that confused me. I did not understand why he was going against his statement on the show. Hersmeister (thank you to the practice guys for your valuable info to us out of state guys) cleared it up by stating that Dan thought this was worth the experience. I'm not at practices to know that.

The following users thanked this post: ThunderingHerdFan

Offline coalherd

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 03:01:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bennett and the last two signees will decide if we can compete next yr with WKU which has Anderson, Hollingsworth and lotsa bigs returning.

It seems to me, BHFIOHIO, that Josh Anderson, or Hollingsworth, one or the other always seem to hurt the Herd just about every time they play.  The year WKU came to the CAM and mopped the floor with the Herd, I sat next to a couple of WKU students.  Believe Anderson was a freshman then.  One student told me that the coaches, and lot of Topper fans, were really high on Anderson to have a good, perhaps real good, career.  Sort of like we feel now about Kinsey.
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:38:36 PM by coalherd »

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 03:44:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Meister says they will be loaded. Thats good enough for me. We need to be loaded too. We already have top notch coach.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 05:25:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know the medical eligibility rules for basketball, but do know that they are different than football. If IB had aany decent chance to get this year back then certainly DD wouldn't have brought him back.

We needed a 9th regular to advance very far in the CUSA tournament, so it made sense to bring IB back for a spot role. Other than that, any extra experience is an added plus. Certainly there was always the chance of risk of injury, but than can be said for any athlete who participates. The prospect of playing at home and winning against mid-majors and adding more opportunities for experience for IB and other returnees has to be a good thing. Plus keeps morale high.

I was pleased to see perhaps the heaviest Marshall basketballer to ever hit a 3-pointer please the crowd.

The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, HoPPy785

HerdFans.com

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 05:25:56 PM »