Author Topic: Congrats Jon Elmore !!!!  (Read 753 times)

Offline ThunderValley

Congrats Jon Elmore !!!!
« on: March 19, 2019, 09:00:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You did it kid, very proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

Congrats Jon Elmore !!!!
    « on: March 19, 2019, 09:00:15 PM »

Offline herdinphilly

Re: Congrats Jon Elmore !!!!
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 09:09:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone critical of Elmore should be perma-banned!!

Offline breckjimison

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:15:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congratulations!!!!

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 09:16:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone critical of Elmore should be perma-banned!!

That's a bit extreme.  A banner with "I bad mouthed JE"  as a lasting reminder of how little the poster knows would seem more appropriate in my mind.   

The following users thanked this post: goherd24

Offline LUVTHATHERD

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 09:17:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrats John!!!  You are an amazing Son of Marshall!!  Thank you for all you have done to bring excitement back to Marshall basketball!!!  Sure gonna miss you!!

Offline LUVTHATHERD

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 09:20:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrats John!!!  You are an amazing Son of Marshall!!  Thank you for all you have done to bring excitement back to Marshall basketball!!!  Sure gonna miss you!!
    Congrats to CJ as well!! Also an amazing Son of Marshall!!  Thank you for bringing the excitement back to the Herd as well!!!  Gonna miss ya!!

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 09:23:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrats to Elmore on a great career. Hope he leads this team to winning this entire tournament.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 09:28:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great accomplishments for Elmore and Burks.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 09:36:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Add my agreement to all of the above!!!  Big night for both Jon AND CJ!!  Keep it going, HERD!!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 09:37:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 22 points, 10 rebs, 7 assists, 5 steals. That is bigtime. Congrats!!!!

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 10:15:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great accomplishments and congrats to Jon and CJ. Who would have thought 30 years ago that Gay Elmores son would break Skip’s record since he played against Skip and was public enemy #1 in Huntington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: mu79grad, MicDrass1, herdorbust

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 10:22:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great accomplishments and congrats to Jon and CJ. Who would have thought 30 years ago that Gay Elmores son would break Skip’s record since he played against Skip and was public enemy #1 in Huntington.

I've thought of those days every time they turn the camera on Gay Elmore and we see him sitting in the stands with a Marshall shirt on.  Priceless.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 10:22:24 PM »

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 10:23:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've thought of those days every time they turn the camera on Gay Elmore and we see him sitting in the stands with a Marshall shirt on.  Priceless.
    Remember when the students threw diapers at the floor when he was introduced during starting lineups?

Offline overherd1

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 10:28:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep, Gay a hard time when he was in Huntington.  He was good though.  Tough competitor.

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep, Gay a hard time when he was in Huntington.  He was good though.  Tough competitor.
    Yes he was. I’ve heard Jon say it took him a while to get his Dad to wear anything with Marshall on it. Why did he hate MU do much? I know he played at South Charleston. Did Huck try to recruit him?

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 10:49:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Students were hard on Gay Elmore. Goes to show how things can change. Sure glad Jon and the Elmore family are heard fans now.

Offline herdfan48

Congrats Jon Elmore !!!!
    « Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 10:51:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Students were hard on Gay Elmore. Goes to show how things can change. Sure glad Jon and the Elmore family are heard fans now.
    Yes they have definitely changed for the good. When a buddy of mine told me Jon Elmore was coming to MU I told him that he was crazy since Marshall and Elmore just weren’t 2 words that went together.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 10:54:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After the game on the radio, Jon said skip weote him a letter. I thought that was pretty cool.

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 10:56:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After the game on the radio, Jon said skip weote him a letter. I thought that was pretty cool.
    Yes it is. After I got home I thought about something else to. 3’s are wild at MU since Skip wore the number 3 and Jon wears 33.

Online herdman22

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 10:52:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Funny that Gay Elmore's son is the top scorer now in Marshall history, passing a guy who played against him.  I was in the student section in those days and kids now don't believe me when I say you had to get to the game at least an hour early to get a seat in the student section (and back then it looped all the way around to the section that is now behind the MU bench.  At first that was the visitor bench but they switched them because of us).  It was a WILD student section back then and Gay Elmore received more than most, although we did have some other enemies too. 

However, for those not around back then, think about the best games Jon has had for the Herd, and that is the way Gay played against us every time we played.  In our time in the Southern Conference, he was definitely one of the best scorers we faced.  We had a great time in those days and it was a great atmosphere. The diaper incident was one of our proudest moments as that plan began after the VMI game his junior year and grew for a year until they finally returned.

I remember some of the coaches and even a few players loved playing here and had fun with us.  Mack MacCarthey from UTC comes to mind.  Those were fun times.  It will be hard to ever capture those days again both in knowing the players and coaches from other teams so well and lying in wait for them at the Cam, and the epic trips to Asheville.

Congratulations to Jon for his wonderful career here both as a player and person, and from one of the ring leaders from the student section in those days, congratulations to Gay and it's good to see you in the Cam not playing because you lit us up every time.  And congratulations for the 2 outstanding young men you have raised.  Very impressed with both Ot and Jon as players and as young men.  Proud to have them as sons of Marshall.

The following users thanked this post: coalherd, MicDrass1, herdorbust

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 10:59:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Funny that Gay Elmore's son is the top scorer now in Marshall history, passing a guy who played against him.  I was in the student section in those days and kids now don't believe me when I say you had to get to the game at least an hour early to get a seat in the student section (and back then it looped all the way around to the section that is now behind the MU bench.  At first that was the visitor bench but they switched them because of us).  It was a WILD student section back then and Gay Elmore received more than most, although we did have some other enemies too. 

However, for those not around back then, think about the best games Jon has had for the Herd, and that is the way Gay played against us every time we played.  In our time in the Southern Conference, he was definitely one of the best scorers we faced.  We had a great time in those days and it was a great atmosphere. The diaper incident was one of our proudest moments as that plan began after the VMI game his junior year and grew for a year until they finally returned.

I remember some of the coaches and even a few players loved playing here and had fun with us.  Mack MacCarthey from UTC comes to mind.  Those were fun times.  It will be hard to ever capture those days again both in knowing the players and coaches from other teams so well and lying in wait for them at the Cam, and the epic trips to Asheville.

Congratulations to Jon for his wonderful career here both as a player and person, and from one of the ring leaders from the student section in those days, congratulations to Gay and it's good to see you in the Cam not playing because you lit us up every time.  And congratulations for the 2 outstanding young men you have raised.  Very impressed with both Ot and Jon as players and as young men.  Proud to have them as sons of Marshall.
    Very well said. I remember Mack McCarthy saying that MU was one of his favorite places to visit. If I remember correctly he actually applied for the head coaching job here back in the 90’s.

Online luvherd

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 12:28:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrats to a great Son of Marshall. I suspect he will be a great Ambassador of The Herd like Chad.
    « Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 07:45:10 AM by luvherd »
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 12:28:42 PM »

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 01:08:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great job Jon.  You are first class all the way!

TRS
    MU 71

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2019, 01:38:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes he was. I’ve heard Jon say it took him a while to get his Dad to wear anything with Marshall on it. Why did he hate MU do much? I know he played at South Charleston. Did Huck try to recruit him?

That was the beginning of the problem. Huck did NOT recruit him. Gay's dad and Huck nearly came to blows at one game.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Online herdman22

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 02:07:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That was the beginning of the problem. Huck did NOT recruit him. Gay's dad and Huck nearly came to blows at one game.

That's what led to the diaper incident

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 02:07:34 PM »