Author Topic: Basketball Team  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Re: Basketball Team
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2019, 08:45:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They are exploring a H&H with Coastal Carolina... Need them to come to Huntington this coming year and return to Myrtle Beach the next... Who likes that idea??? It's a solid match-up with a Sun Belt team that BEAT WVU in the CBI to end their season back in March and a team where Levi Cook just committed to yesterday and will be eligible to play both years! Would you travel to South Carolina in early December next year??

Well. I'm 70 years old and have had no reason to ever go to MB. This just force me to break the streak. I have a buddy that has lived there 50 years and has tried and tried to get me to come visit. I just may accept.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2019, 08:45:48 PM »

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2019, 09:07:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well. I'm 70 years old and have had no reason to ever go to MB. This just force me to break the streak. I have a buddy that has lived there 50 years and has tried and tried to get me to come visit. I just may accept.
    I've been o MB 2-3 times.....and don't see anything great about it.....however I don't like crowded beaches. I prefer the quieter more secluded type and less commercialized.

Offline herdorbust

Re: Basketball Teams
    « Reply #52 on: June 17, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love myrtle. You either love it or hate it.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2019, 11:16:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They are exploring a H&H with Coastal Carolina... Need them to come to Huntington this coming year and return to Myrtle Beach the next... Who likes that idea??? It's a solid match-up with a Sun Belt team that BEAT WVU in the CBI to end their season back in March and a team where Levi Cook just committed to yesterday and will be eligible to play both years! Would you travel to South Carolina in early December next year??

That'd be a quality OOC team to pick up.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2019, 08:07:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've been o MB 2-3 times.....and don't see anything great about it.....however I don't like crowded beaches. I prefer the quieter more secluded type and less commercialized.

Same here. I lived about 3 miles from Cocoa Beach for a few years. I never went there. IF I did go to the beach, it would be to a much quieter beach.
    As for vacations, I am all about cruising. Much more affordable and very relaxing.
    2 of us can cruise the Caribbean with 3-4 ports of call for a week for under $2000. That includes 24 hour food with room service if wanted, room and entertainment.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, Always THE HERD

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #55 on: June 18, 2019, 08:47:00 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

• Couldnt agree more.

makes too much sense to keep EKU and Morehead.  Heck, look at the crowd last year when Marshall traveled to EKU.  I am sure that was one of the biggest visiting crowds Marshall played in from that was NOT at a major school.  As I mentioned before, both of those teams have been to the NCAA tournament more than Marshall in the last 30 years. 
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 01:20:22 PM by lexkyherdfan »

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdorbust

Offline JReese

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2019, 08:58:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Heck yeah !!! much closer to us !!!!
    All I have ever truly wanted to be was a great dad.

Offline chris88

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2019, 11:48:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've been o MB 2-3 times.....and don't see anything great about it.....however I don't like crowded beaches. I prefer the quieter more secluded type and less commercialized.

I haven't been to regular MB in quite some time. I always hated it.  I did, however, go to North Myrtle on a whim to meet siblings 2 yrs ago and really had a nice time.  All the rest. etc were in walking distance and the traffic wasn't bad at all.  We drove down to a shopping/entertainment district that has Margaritteville, piano bar etc and didn't wait long.

The southern outer banks of NC are nice and quiet (Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle etc) and you can find about any restaurant across bridges in Morehead city area.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2019, 12:15:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Myrtle in september is awesome. Great weather but no waiting in lines to eat. Love it there in september after memorial day.

Offline svherd

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2019, 12:32:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hate the place. Last time I was there about 10 years ago. A family of WVU fans set up camp down from us. Smoking and drinking like a Saturday night game in Morganhole with piss yellow cut off t shirts on and camo cargo shorts. I said, yep, that's about it.

Agree, a lot better places up and down the coast.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2019, 02:05:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Myrtle in september is awesome. Great weather but no waiting in lines to eat. Love it there in september after memorial day.

Memorial Day is in September?? I guess being 67 has been a kick on my memory, oh well. ;)
    Never been to MB-- my memory tells me so.
    GO HERD!!!
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline MUPE84

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2019, 02:59:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not much of a MB guy but we go as a family on a yearly basis.  My first MB vacation happened on July 20, 1969.  If that night is familiar, it is the same night that Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon, so I didn't get to see it live as we were traveling.  The next time I went to the beach was in 1984 and I couldn't believe how commercialized it had become.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2019, 02:59:39 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2019, 03:47:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Memorial Day is in September?? I guess being 67 has been a kick on my memory, oh well. ;)
    Never been to MB-- my memory tells me so.
    GO HERD!!!

😂😂😂.  Labor Day!!!

Offline coalherd

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2019, 03:56:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Not to mention, herdorbust, that the motel rates start heading South around mid September!!  Early October is even better!!  ;)

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline Herdski

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Rookie
    • GKI Member Since 08/2011
    « Reply #64 on: June 18, 2019, 09:36:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Basketball team practice tomorrow? If so, when and where, please.  Many thanks.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2019, 07:21:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Basketball team practice tomorrow? If so, when and where, please.  Many thanks.

9am Wednesday in the Rec
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2019, 12:09:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Per Mark Cline at practice this morning:

"we have approached CCU about a home and home series. Cliff has NO interest in playing us."

He added that Ellis could later change his mind but as of now, no go.
    We still have 2 dates to fill. He said he could fill an away spot but wants to get a home game booked first.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2019, 03:21:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Per Mark Cline at practice this morning:

"we have approached CCU about a home and home series. Cliff has NO interest in playing us."

He added that Ellis could later change his mind but as of now, no go.
    We still have 2 dates to fill. He said he could fill an away spot but wants to get a home game booked first.
    For us who don't have a clue.....who is "Cliff"?

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2019, 03:26:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Deductive reasoning says it’s the CCU head b-ball coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline elginherd

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2019, 04:44:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For us who don't have a clue.....who is "Cliff"?

"Cliff" is Cliff Ellis, long-time Coastal HC.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2019, 05:23:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Cliff is currently the head coach at CCU. He was formerly was head coach at South Alabama 1975-1984; Clemson 1984-1994 and Auburn 1994-2004.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Ellis

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2019, 07:05:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Sorry.
    Mark called him Cliff and in the following paragraph I referred to him as Ellis.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2019, 07:05:54 AM »

Offline WolfHerd

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't intend on starting a debate of whether you "love or hate" Myrtle Beach... I just wanted to gauge whether Herd-nation would find a match-up against a very good Sun Belt Conference squad (which beat WVU in their building last March), and support the Herd hoop team on the road in what is universally referred to as, "the Southern Capitol of WV!" THAT is actually the rub with Cliff Ellis, he's worried that Marshall (and Dan D'Antoni's friends would outnumber Chanticleer fans in their own building!... Coach D lived, Coach, own businesses and raised his kids here for over 30 years... Thousands of his friends and former players still live here, not to mention you can't throw a dead cat in MB without hitting a WV native and/or Herd fan!... LOL!) Coastal Carolina doesn't appear a probability, but if Coach Cline and I have anything to do with it, the possibility is not dead, but we're going to need Big Green support!

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, parshall2marshall

Offline coalherd

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2019, 06:42:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't intend on starting a debate of whether you "love or hate" Myrtle Beach... I just wanted to gauge whether Herd-nation would find a match-up against a very good Sun Belt Conference squad (which beat WVU in their building last March), and support the Herd hoop team on the road in what is universally referred to as, "the Southern Capitol of WV!" THAT is actually the rub with Cliff Ellis, he's worried that Marshall (and Dan D'Antoni's friends would outnumber Chanticleer fans in their own building!... Coach D lived, Coach, own businesses and raised his kids here for over 30 years... Thousands of his friends and former players still live here, not to mention you can't throw a dead cat in MB without hitting a WV native and/or Herd fan!... LOL!) Coastal Carolina doesn't appear a probability, but if Coach Cline and I have anything to do with it, the possibility is not dead, but we're going to need Big Green support!

Does the big arena/civic center there in Myrtle Beach hold more fans than Coastal's facility in Conway?  If so, looks like that Coach Ellis might consider playing the Herd there, if CCU is looking for more revenue.  Of course, a game in MB would likely bring out even more DD Fans, and thus possibly more HERD fans too!!!

Offline WolfHerd

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2019, 09:52:11 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Truedat.... But, the MB Convo Center is only outfitted for basketball for two weeks a year around the Beach Ball Classic (which Coach D started in 1981), AND is booked solid every other week of the year with Conventions, events, etc... AND Cliff would NEVER play Marshall those two weeks because school is out and the students are gone home... It'll have to be the first 2-3 weeks of the season when school is still in session AND on-campus at the HTC Center (which holds approx 3500... MBCC approx 7500), so the students could somewhat dilute Herd-nation! He's told me he'll consider a H&H, but it'll have to be at HTC Center when students are on-campus.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, coalherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2019, 09:52:11 PM »