Author Topic: Doc's contract  (Read 1603 times)

Offline herdorbust

Re: Doc's contract
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2019, 12:36:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2019, 12:36:57 PM »

Offline Herdman77

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2019, 12:45:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I said ranked off and on. Try reading!!!!

Yeah, earlier in this thread I said "finished ranked." So I don't know why you would bother writing "actually there were some teams who were ranked off an on." Who cares if they were ranked off an on? You try reading old timer. Go put your glasses on if you can find them.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2019, 02:46:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, earlier in this thread I said "finished ranked." So I don't know why you would bother writing "actually there were some teams who were ranked off an on." Who cares if they were ranked off an on? You try reading old timer. Go put your glasses on if you can find them.

The point is Pruett beat and played against top 25 teams in the mac. Very rarely do you see a CUSA team ranked!!!

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2019, 02:56:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Herdman77

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2019, 03:19:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• The point is Pruett beat and played against top 25 teams in the mac. Very rarely do you see a CUSA team ranked!!!

Pruett beat top 25 MAC teams? Really? What year was that? What MAC team did we beat that was ranked at any point in the season?  What year was that? Which team? Pruett didn’t beat anyone decent except for Kansas St.

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2019, 03:37:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here’s the thing I said back then about ranked teams...

Marshall was not a name team and a lot of people never heard of Marshall so if a bigger name team like a Clemson lost a game to Marshall they had little chance of getting ranked.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2019, 03:49:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett is a Marshall legend.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2019, 04:12:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett beat top 25 MAC teams? Really? What year was that? What MAC team did we beat that was ranked at any point in the season?  What year was that? Which team? Pruett didn’t beat anyone decent except for Kansas St.

Toledo was ranked as high as 18 in 97, 25 in 2000, 23 2001.
    Bgreen was as high as 20 in 2002 and 15 2003.

Miami was 10 in 2003.

Marshall was as high as 16 in 2002, 20 in 2001 and 10 in 1999.

Just an idea of what some mac schools did back then. Mac had teams ranked off and on as i said.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, parshall2marshall

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2019, 04:21:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some of the best players in the NFL over the last 20 years and even all time came from the MAC. The Herd doesn’t have players drafted anymore.  N Illinois was excellent too.  This years OOC G5 slate is the measuring stick this year.  Stink it up and the Joan will be empty.  People are not showing up for these no name Cusa teams that many couldn’t make the FCS playoffs.  This is the year. This is the year.   

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2019, 06:13:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some of the best players in the NFL over the last 20 years and even all time came from the MAC. The Herd doesn’t have players drafted anymore.  N Illinois was excellent too.  This years OOC G5 slate is the measuring stick this year.  Stink it up and the Joan will be empty.  People are not showing up for these no name Cusa teams that many couldn’t make the FCS playoffs.  This is the year. This is the year.
    Quit trying to make the MAC out to be the SEC, with Eastern Michigan, Kent, Akron, Ball State, Central Mi , Northern Ill Marshall was often a 20+ favorite on more weekends than not. BG, Miami and Toledo and occasionally Ohio were the only teams who were anywhere near competitive. Pruett was a terrific coach but his record was built on weak schedules in the MAC.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2019, 06:38:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quit trying to make the MAC out to be the SEC, with Eastern Michigan, Kent, Akron, Ball State, Central Mi , Northern Ill Marshall was often a 20+ favorite on more weekends than not. BG, Miami and Toledo and occasionally Ohio were the only teams who were anywhere near competitive. Pruett was a terrific coach but his record was built on weak schedules in the MAC.

And this CUSA is better 😂😂😂

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, DC01HERD

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2018 CUSA

Football - 3rd

Basketball - 6th

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »

Offline Herdman77

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2019, 06:50:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Toledo was ranked as high as 18 in 97, 25 in 2000, 23 2001.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:53:14 PM by Herdman77 »

Offline Herdman77

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Miami was 10 in 2003.

Just an idea of what some mac schools did back then. Mac had teams ranked off and on as i said.

Do you know how easy this is to look up? All you people that think that Bobby Pruitt is the greatest coach ever and that Doc sucks, you have a deluded and unclear memory. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You are NOT entitled to your own set of facts. And facts are easy to look up.  Bobby Pruitt beat one (1) good team, Kansas State in 2003, and that is it! In all his years at Marshall. Sorry. If you don't believe me, you ARE on the internet already. You can look it up.

Offline Herdman77

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2019, 07:00:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Miami was 10 in 2003.

Are you giving credit to teams Marshall LOST to or DIDN'T EVEN PLAY?
    Marshall LOST to Toledo in  2000. 42-0!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Marshall_Thundering_Herd_football_team

Marshall LOST to Toledo in 2001. 41-36

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Marshall_Thundering_Herd_football_team

Marshall did not even play Bowling Green in 2002 or in 2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Marshall_Thundering_Herd_football_team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Marshall_Thundering_Herd_football_team

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2019, 07:01:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do you know how easy this is to look up? All you people that think that Bobby Pruitt is the greatest coach ever and that Doc sucks, you have a deluded and unclear memory. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You are NOT entitled to your own set of facts. And facts are easy to look up.  Bobby Pruitt beat one (1) good team, Kansas State in 2003, and that is it! In all his years at Marshall. Sorry. If you don't believe me, you ARE on the internet already. You can look it up.

Yes they are easy to look up. And i did did just that. Just showing you what mac teams did. Not who and when we beat them. We also beat a #25 BYU and kept them from a final ranking. Actually spanked them and sent them home. Beat #6 Kansas st. And beat a decent 6-6 Clemson team that wasnt ranked who lost to NC Florida St by 3. We were in 6 MAC championship games in a row and won 5 of them. Yes FIVE!!!! Excitement was buzzing back in those days. Dont even compare now to then.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, wasbarryb

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2019, 07:05:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do you know how easy this is to look up? All you people that think that Bobby Pruitt is the greatest coach ever and that Doc sucks, you have a deluded and unclear memory. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You are NOT entitled to your own set of facts. And facts are easy to look up.  Bobby Pruitt beat one (1) good team, Kansas State in 2003, and that is it! In all his years at Marshall. Sorry. If you don't believe me, you ARE on the internet already. You can look it up.

Pruett is the greatest coach in the history of the school.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2019, 07:09:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2018 CUSA

Football - 3rd

Basketball - 6th

And the buzz is still basketball. Basketball gaining fans and football has been bleeding fans. What is your point? How many CUSA championships in 9 years? Pruett played in 6 and won 5 in the mac which was every bit as good as this watered down league. Odu been D1 how long? Charlotte just fielded a team a few years ago. Fau and fiu were beyond bad up until the last couple years and still arent anything to write home about. Wku and mtsu came from the sunbelt. Rice? Utep? utsa? I would expect more championships dont you? Or is it just to much to ask in this league?

Offline Herdman77

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2019, 07:10:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

• Yes they are easy to look up. And i did did just that. Just showing you what mac teams did. Not who and when we beat them. We also beat a #25 BYU and kept them from a final ranking. Actually spanked them and sent them home. Beat #6 Kansas st. And beat a decent 6-6 Clemson team that wasnt ranked who lost to NC Florida St by 3. We were in 6 MAC championship games in a row and won 5 of them. Yes FIVE!!!! Excitement was buzzing back in those days. Dont even compare now to then.

So, according to you:  Bobby Pruitt's greatest wins:

2003 - Kansas St. Undeniably a great win. Best team we have ever beat in our history.

1999 - BYU, a team that finished unranked at 8-4

1999 - a "decent" win over Clemson who won half their games and lost half their games.

OH boy! Bring back the glory days of Bobby Pruitt!!!!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2019, 07:10:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett is the greatest coach in the history of the school.

Got that right!!!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2019, 07:12:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So, according to you:  Bobby Pruitt's greatest wins:

2003 - Kansas St. Undeniably a great win. Best team we have ever beat in our history.

1999 - a "decent" win over Clemson who won half their games and lost half their games.

Dude you cant even get his name right!!! What is our greatest win lately? VTech last year when they were 5-6? Oh wait!!!!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2019, 07:25:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So, according to you:  Bobby Pruitt's greatest wins:

Well let me ask you this? Who have we beat the last 9 years that finished the season ranked?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2019, 07:25:05 PM »

Offline Herdman77

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

• Dude you cant even get his name right!!! What is our greatest win lately? VTech last year when they were 5-6? Oh wait!!!!

Doc's greatest win was the 2011 win over a S. Miss team that finished 12-2 and ended up ranked #19 in the coaches poll and #20 in the writer's poll.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Southern_Miss_Golden_Eagles_football_team

Other than our win over Kansas St. in 2003, the 2011 S. Miss team was the best team we ever beat in our entire history.

Bobby Pruett's one and ONLY win over a team that finished in the top 25 - Kansas St in 2003. #13 in the writer's poll. #14 in the coaches poll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Kansas_State_Wildcats_football_team

Doc Holliday's one and ONLY win over a team that finished in the top 25 - S. Miss in 2011. #19 in the coaches poll and #20 in the writer's poll.

Yet, Bobby Pruett was SO much better than Doc Holliday, lol!! They are both pretty much the same. If you guys wanted to have a great team year in and year out, you can do what most of my friends do. Football season they are Ohio St fans. Basketball season they are Kentucky fans. What did you expect when you chose an underdog like Marshall? I am forever happy I chose Marshall. You people on these boards, you do nothing but complain and you don't even know what Marshall's history is. We only ever beat one good team in football EVER!

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2019, 08:09:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The NFL draft is the ultimate measure of a programs player talent and development.  Pruett and Holliday are not alike.  Marshall knocking teams out of the top 25 is a top 25 win especially when it’s both teams last game.  But the NFL draft is the ultimate measure of a program. Holliday gets to test his program against Boise and Cinci. He beat Cinci 2 years ago. So we will find out which program is trending up and down.  If Luke fickle cleans his clock after being thrashed just two years ago .... well Coach Holliday isn’t Bob Pruett and never will be.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2019, 08:10:12 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc's greatest win was the 2011 win over a S. Miss team that finished 12-2 and ended up ranked #19 in the coaches poll and #20 in the writer's poll.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Southern_Miss_Golden_Eagles_football_team

Other than our win over Kansas St. in 2003, the 2011 S. Miss team was the best team we ever beat in our entire history.

Bobby Pruett's one and ONLY win over a team that finished in the top 25 - Kansas St in 2003. #13 in the writer's poll. #14 in the coaches poll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Kansas_State_Wildcats_football_team

Doc Holliday's one and ONLY win over a team that finished in the top 25 - S. Miss in 2011. #19 in the coaches poll and #20 in the writer's poll.

Yet, Bobby Pruett was SO much better than Doc Holliday, lol!! They are both pretty much the same. If you guys wanted to have a great team year in and year out, you can do what most of my friends do. Football season they are Ohio St fans. Basketball season they are Kentucky fans. What did you expect when you chose an underdog like Marshall? I am forever happy I chose Marshall. You people on these boards, you do nothing but complain and you don't even know what Marshall's history is. We only ever beat one good team in football EVER!

You are a laugh. Pretty much the same? 6 championship games and FIVE conference titles to one!!! And 2 heisman finalists. Just stop before you dig any deeper. And Pruett NEVER had a cluster 3-9 season where he got humiliated on his home field 3 or 4 times in one year.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2019, 08:10:12 PM »