Author Topic: New court is done.  (Read 1205 times)

Offline JReese

New court is done.
« on: September 23, 2019, 11:15:09 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • All I have ever truly wanted to be was a great dad.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, lovetheherd2, Garbanjo, HerdHead, parshall2marshall, biggreenarms

HerdFans.com

New court is done.
    « on: September 23, 2019, 11:15:09 AM »

Offline CoachSkip

Re: New court is done.
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 11:18:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 4 out of 5 thumbs up from me ( not a fan of the font ). Itll look geeat on TV
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 11:27:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kelly Green , yes!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, The E-Man

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 11:35:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love that midcourt. Love the old Marco and the state outline. Danny is slowly but surely getting his fingerprints all over the basketball program thank goodness.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Herdmeister, Collis P, The E-Man

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 11:39:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/GrantTraylor/status/1176154114071416832?s=20

All set for practice this week and Obinna’s visit this weekend.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, scope58

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 11:41:52 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can you imagine how awesome it would look if all the seats in the arena matched the kelly green on the floor? Man would that arena pop with color.

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, parshall2marshall

Offline scope58

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 12:19:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/GrantTraylor/status/1176154114071416832?s=20

All set for practice this week and Obinna’s visit this weekend.
    Looks good Will be there Friday and Saturday.Hope they have a lot of people there.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, The E-Man

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 12:44:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdHead

Offline coloradoherd

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm saying this as someone who ULTIMATELY doesn't care about uniforms and logos, I just love the Herd and want us to win . . .

But if we are talking about it . . . I think it's very cool that they have used the "old" Marco logo and updated it with the newer "M" for the basketball court.  I'm also glad that we are using that newer "M" on the football helmets now.  Anyone who knows anything about running a successful organization, whether it's a business, non-profit, or university, will tell you that consistency in branding is important. 

Having said that, the new "M," which really isn't new anymore, looks classy but practically doesn't work that well (and I hope someone from Marshall who is involved in marketing will read this and we will get some new designs in the future that incorporate the best elements of all past branding). 

There is no white space in between the different lines of the new "M" in our logo.  When viewed from a distance, it just looks like a green blob.  You can't see that it is an "M."  When we used to have a block M on our football helmets, it was bigger, and you could see that it was an M from a distance, and this helped our brand.  I remember talking to people in the 90s about Marshall and they would say, "Oh yeah, the guys with the big green M on the side of the helments!" And now I feel like it's not as visible, because the current design of the M is not very clear. 

The following users thanked this post: DallasGreen, parshall2marshall, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 10:22:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks great. . . Glad to see the Shot HERD Around the World still there
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline Collis P

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 07:27:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They had the scoreboard on when I was there yesterday, and it really brings out the floor.......... Wow!
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Online svherd

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 07:54:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks great. I like the lighter color of the wood as well. At least it seems lighter than the old floor.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 07:54:50 AM »

Offline Herd-nficent

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 09:03:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It all really looks great EXCEPT the old MARCO..........with a sailor cap no less.    WHY???   Is so we have to buy all new shirts , hoodies, and jackets with the NEW OLD Marco ???
    "What we see depends on what we look for"

The following users thanked this post: whf

Online MUsince96

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 09:18:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It all really looks great EXCEPT the old MARCO..........with a sailor cap no less.    WHY???   Is so we have to buy all new shirts , hoodies, and jackets with the NEW OLD Marco ???

I think you're probably in about the 2% of people with that opinion. But hey, that's OK.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

Offline Herd-nficent

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2019, 10:20:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks ....  for saying I am allowed to have my opinion.  (No sarcasm meant)
    "What we see depends on what we look for"

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96

Online whf

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 11:18:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • I see the use of the old Marco quite odd; goes against the entire marketing and promotion of the university's Athletic Department.  Can't really understand the need for it, and while I'm sure we still own the mark for that logo, I see no need to vary the concept of Marshall Basketball and all its other sports.

Don't preach individualism and having his own program stuff to me, I understand it but don't like it.  We Are ALL Marshall.

Online MUsince96

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 11:33:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I see the use of the old Marco quite odd; goes against the entire marketing and promotion of the university's Athletic Department.  Can't really understand the need for it, and while I'm sure we still own the mark for that logo, I see no need to vary the concept of Marshall Basketball and all its other sports.

Don't preach individualism and having his own program stuff to me, I understand it but don't like it.  We Are ALL Marshall.

I'm not sure the university's athletic department has a real marketing and promotion strategy.

As I said awhile back in another thread, Marshall already use like 5 or 6 different logos. What's the problem with using one more that people actually love? That we never should have went away from.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, svherd, The E-Man, HoPPy785, herdorbust

Online whf

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 11:47:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not sure the university's athletic department has a real marketing and promotion strategy.

As I said awhile back in another thread, Marshall already use like 5 or 6 different logos. What's the problem with using one more that people actually love? That we never should have went away from.
    There are protected logos that create revenue for the university, the university gives (sells) rights to users.

I personally prefer the old logo, don't get me wrong. I just hate to see the division of concepts and ideas as if there were multiple goals and individual promotions within the department.  It isn't good for organizations, and I'm wondering how many universities allow a particular sport to have their own selection of logo.

Online svherd

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 12:02:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I doubt the university has a marketing plan in place. At least one could never tell.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, HoPPy785, coalherd

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 12:31:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are protected logos that create revenue for the university, the university gives (sells) rights to users.

I personally prefer the old logo, don't get me wrong. I just hate to see the division of concepts and ideas as if there were multiple goals and individual promotions within the department. It isn't good for organizations, and I'm wondering how many universities allow a particular sport to have their own selection of logo.

The more logo's, the more confusion it will cause. Just look at how many post's and differences of opinions about the issue are on here.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 02:09:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are protected logos that create revenue for the university, the university gives (sells) rights to users.

I personally prefer the old logo, don't get me wrong. I just hate to see the division of concepts and ideas as if there were multiple goals and individual promotions within the department.  It isn't good for organizations, and I'm wondering how many universities allow a particular sport to have their own selection of logo.

I just saw Louisville's new court. They use a huge Cardinal stretching out to dunk a basketball., Unlike any other U of L logo I have seen
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Collis P, MUsince96, herdorbust

Offline coalherd

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2019, 03:27:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I doubt the university has a marketing plan in place. At least one could never tell.

Yep, one wonders if MU higher ups ever had ANY background/exposure to the true ins and outs of marketing, public relations, etc.  TV outlets and newspapers in Southern WV constantly having PR spots, student recruitment ads, promos, etc., for Concord U., WVU Tech, etc.  Marshall?  Nary a peep!!  And these guys sit in Old Main scratching their heads on why enrollment remains static, stagnant, etc., in terms of growth, particularly in the area of undergraduate student recruitment.
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:28:38 PM by coalherd »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2019, 03:27:05 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 04:57:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Because Danny doesnt like the goat.

Online herd2win

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2019, 08:19:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are we changing our name to Marshall University Midshipmen since we are wearing a sailor cap..

Offline goherd73

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 09:22:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are we changing our name to Marshall University Midshipmen since we are wearing a sailor cap..

I think that is a beanie which was common in college during that time period. Or maybe the Ohio River Navy was stronger back then!

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 09:22:26 AM »