Author Topic: New court is done.  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Re: New court is done.
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2019, 09:35:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think that is a beanie which was common in college during that time period. Or maybe the Ohio River Navy was stronger back then!

True. Even though I didn't go to Marshall, we wore beanies my freshman year of 1966. We had to wear them until the first home TD was scored.  We also had to sing the fight song or alma mater for any upperclassman when asked.  Can you imagine any of that today?
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2019, 09:35:58 AM »

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2019, 09:45:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It looks awesome.

Several teams use various logos.  I love how we’re getting knocked by a few for doing something that’s actually current.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

Offline chris88

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2019, 07:49:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought the one just replaced was just fine. I think the new one is fine too...except I do wish they would start using a more readable font for lettering on baselines etc.  It's like looking at bad HS penmanship.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2019, 08:06:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the cap on the old Marco was used for the purpose of  placing Marshall on the logo. I had an old Marco t shirt in the 1950's when I attended the Lab School at Jenkins Hall. The name Marco (for Marshall College) was coined by Dr Bob Alexander, MU Business Professor when he was a student at MU. The beanies worn by freshmen were not anything like the Marco hat.

I never cared for the new Marco image, I believe it was one Dan Angle's ideas. I had a relative on the MU Alumni Board of Directors and she was told that the old Marco was frighting to children. Changing the green from kelly  was another big blunder. JMHO.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:08:39 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2019, 08:14:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can you imagine how awesome it would look if all the seats in the arena matched the kelly green on the floor? Man would that arena pop with color.
    Danny said at one time that he’d like to have black seats and move the ones that are downstairs to the upstairs part of the arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, herdfan129

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 09:10:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The name Marco (for Marshall College) was coined by Dr Bob Alexander, MU Business Professor when he was a student at MU. The beanies worn by freshmen were not anything like the Marco hat.

There's a "blast from the past"...had Dr Alexander for some business classes.  Interesting stuff!

Also, I like Danny's idea with the seats.  Not sure of the color (like herdobust suggestion instead) but I like the general idea.

Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline wlf

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2019, 10:01:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It all really looks great EXCEPT the old MARCO..........with a sailor cap no less.    WHY???   Is so we have to buy all new shirts , hoodies, and jackets with the NEW OLD Marco ???
    Not just that DD wants it as a successful head coach and is investing in the program by working cheap. Not only that, but  family have been responsible monetarily for basketball improvements.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdfan129

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2019, 10:18:56 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not just that DD wants it as a successful head coach and is investing in the program by working cheap. Not only that, but  family have been responsible monetarily for basketball improvements.
    The new practice faculty should be named after the D’Antoni family since they have done so much for Marshall Basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, whf, Herdmeister, Collis P, wasbarryb, chris88, wlf, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2019, 10:18:56 AM »