Author Topic: SHR: UCF and Boise sign series  (Read 411 times)

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

SHR: UCF and Boise sign series
« on: September 25, 2019, 12:49:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  •  

HerdFans.com

SHR: UCF and Boise sign series
    « on: September 25, 2019, 12:49:57 PM »

Offline TDHerd!

Re: SHR: UCF and Boise sign series
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 03:30:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well you are in luck Bc we have a four game series with ecu beginning next year and Boise makes the return trip to huntington next year... only missing out on UCF...

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, herdfan129

Offline coalherd

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well you are in luck Bc we have a four game series with ecu beginning next year and Boise makes the return trip to huntington next year... only missing out on UCF...

And from his comments on one of his recent radio shows, Mike Hamrick seemed very receptive on the idea of another series with Boise.  With them coming to Huntington next season, don't think that Mike won't be working on that possibility, maintaining contact with his counterpart at that school, etc., in the months ahead!!!

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Green Dog

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 05:27:16 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • As a college football fan in general, I would enjoy watching Boise and UCF play.

No denying the two best P5 programs of recent years. I would think high scoring, entertaining football.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, whf, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline Big City

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 08:26:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree it would be nice to have UCf on the schedule as well but in today’s “system” Marshall would get more mileage out of scheduling a lower to mid tier P5 program and beating them. Need to schedule the Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt etc.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree it would be nice to have UCf on the schedule as well but in today’s “system” Marshall would get more mileage out of scheduling a lower to mid tier P5 program and beating them. Need to schedule the Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt etc.

I would like to see 1 AAC team, 1 MWC team, 1 MAC team (Alternating OU and Toledo would be fine for me.) and 1 P5 team annually.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:03:57 PM by Ovaltine Jenkins »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

No so sure you want to schedule Wake now. They may be the 2nd best team in the ACC
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline coalherd

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 03:07:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe that Vanderbilt is another SEC time like UK:  Hamrick probably has trouble getting them to even answer the phone, much less getting a discussion going about a possible game or games.  Go look at UK's future schedules for the next 7 to 8 years.  They have 3, sometimes 4 (whenever they have the home game in their series with Louisville) HOME games yearly in their out of conference schedules.  Usually play 1 FCS team, like an in state foe, EKU, Murray, etc., and then some middle/lower level MAC foes.  Believe in that period, they may actually play a ROAD game once or so against Akron, Toledo, etc.

I hope Hamrick tries hard to try and get another $$ game with South Carolina like the one "washed out" by the 2018 hurricane!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 03:07:19 PM »