Author Topic: NHR: App State is still the biggest little CFB program going  (Read 292 times)

HerdFans.com

NHR: App State is still the biggest little CFB program going
« on: September 26, 2019, 09:00:54 AM »

Offline puma

Re: NHR: App State is still the biggest little CFB program going
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 09:46:28 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's really remarkable what that program has accomplished. Their entire brand and identity is built around being the underdog who constantly punches above his weight. There's an entire cult following around them.

And they've kept the momentum going after moving up to FBS and through a coaching change. It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they make an NY6 appearance in the next few years. They're also on the short list of G5 programs that are consistently good. I'd love to know how they do it and aren't just another flash in the plan program.

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I like Marshall's future football schedule (for the most part) and some of the teams coming to play in Huntington however, as I've said before the scheduling philosophy is flawed. Marshall needs to be scheduling mid to lower level P5 programs and consistently beating them. Beating NIU, Akron, Cincinnati, ECU, South Fla etc isn't going to help the cause. A huge opportunity was blown last December in Blacksburg.

The future: Pitt, Notre Dame and VT- Marshall somehow needs to find a way to win a few and get a few more scheduled.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 12:32:19 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's really remarkable what that program has accomplished. Their entire brand and identity is built around being the underdog who constantly punches above his weight. There's an entire cult following around them.

And they've kept the momentum going after moving up to FBS and through a coaching change. It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they make an NY6 appearance in the next few years.They're also on the short list of G5 programs that are consistently good. I'd love to know how they do it and aren't just another flash in the plan program.

Appy State continues to hire great coaches and not settling to be mediocre. Once you start a winning culture with a program, it paves a way to believing you're going to win every game. We were once a proud program believing, we were going to win every game. There was a time when teams like Va Tech feared us, we didn't fear them. Ask yourself, when was the last time we beat a team with a pulse?

Offline svherd

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 01:24:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And to think some poo pooed the idea when MH announced a series with them. We’ll likely be ‘dogs to them.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 01:38:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Appy State continues to hire great coaches and not settling to be mediocre. Once you start a winning culture with a program, it paves a way to believing you're going to win every game. We were once a proud program believing, we were going to win every game. There was a time when teams like Va Tech feared us, we didn't fear them. Ask yourself, when was the last time we beat a team with a pulse?

Hard to say they continuously hire great. Up until Satterfield left they had two coaches in 20 years. Drinkwitz is a new coach, new to the App history, but came from experience.

The Michigan win was the biggest thing that could of happened. Now they are expected to compete, when in reality up until Penn State last year and the scare in Neyland they haven’t against big competition. But perception is everything.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, LateHit

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 01:38:35 PM »