Author Topic: NHR: 23 Clemson Football Players test positive for COVID  (Read 1209 times)

HerdFans.com

NHR: 23 Clemson Football Players test positive for COVID
« on: June 20, 2020, 09:35:07 AM »

Offline The Right Stuff

Re: NHR: 23 Clemson Football Players test positive for COVID
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 11:15:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am getting closer in thinking that there will not be a season after all.

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 11:43:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very possible.  Change the sports playing calendar.  it's not fun traveling in the cold anyways.  NBA plays in the summer and so can college.  Spring or summer football is now regular season.  Soccer can be played anytime except winter.  track and field does not need indoor track.  cross country does not need to be a fall sport.  indoor sports can be played anytime. 

Online herd2win

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 01:07:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This was careless on Clemson part, many of those players were involved with the protests where people were all over each other and then Clemson had their own protest without prior testing...this was an easy one to project would happen.

It is about using some common sense.   I have been out the entire time without a mask..I wash my hands all the time and always have hand sanitizer with me.  I flew to LA this past week and wore the mask as required by American and wore a mask anytime I was in an Uber and then kept a safe distance when I was around groups of people. 

If you are in a risk category limit exposure and if you are someone that deals with a person in the risk category get tested.  They have drive up testing where I live and I will be tested before going in vacation with my 80 year old mom.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, The E-Man, herdorbust

Offline coalherd

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 02:11:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Be interesting to see how many of the 23 in recent days/weeks had spent time at Myrtle Beach prior to returning to campus to start drills/conditioning!

Offline puma

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 07:32:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It will be interesting to see how this season pans out when teams lose 5-10 players each week for mandatory quarantines throughout the regular season. Then again, since 99.9% of these kids will be asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms, I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if schools intentionally botch their testing procedures.

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 11:45:28 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • In other news 14 LSU players had the sniffles.

They'll be fine. I was eating lunch out the other day and a man in his 50's was telling the waitress he got COVID...he said he never missed a day of work...and just took some cough medicine at night...again...unless you were going to die anyway that week (of the flu, cold, or a paper cut) you have an excellent chance of being just fine.

In all reality it may not be bad thing if as many people could get this as possible...let's develop some herd immunity and quit talking about it.
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 01:09:38 PM by THECHAMPISHERE »

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 01:39:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • If this man was sick with the virus and went to work he is one selfish son of a "itch" exposing innocent people to the disease.  He should be locked up in solitary confinement. >:(

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, MUfan08, MUinDE, wasbarryb

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 02:21:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If this man was sick with the virus and went to work he is one selfish son of a "itch" exposing innocent people to the disease.  He should be locked up in solitary confinement. >:(

TRS
    MU 71

He probably had a job where he worked alone and didn't come in contact with "customers". There are many jobs like that. 

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 03:04:55 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0

They'll be fine. I was eating lunch out the other day and a man in his 50's was telling the waitress he got COVID...he said he never missed a day of work...and just took some cough medicine at night...again...unless you were going to die anyway that week (of the flu, cold, or a paper cut) you have an excellent chance of being just fine.

In all reality it may not be bad thing if as many people could get this as possible...let's develop some herd immunity and quit talking about it.

You have to get herd immunity. That is the only way forward imo unless you want to destroy our way of living. Eventually the economy will totally collapse if you stay closed or keep shutting down. And people say once we get the vaccine. Really? How are those flu vaccines doing?

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdfifteen, miltonherdfan, THECHAMPISHERE, herdfan129

Offline ed swain

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 05:56:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To young people with the virus it will only last a week or two and will have no long term effect.Listen to the radical left who want to end sports for now and next year.

The following users thanked this post: THECHAMPISHERE, herdfan129

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

You REALLY don't want to get this virus.  It's NOT the flu and you should fear it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »

Online herd2win

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 09:58:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You REALLY don't want to get this virus.  It's NOT the flu and you should fear it.

Depends on the individual...most people who have gotten covid it did not even affect them at all..that is what the big deal was is that people can have it with zero symptoms..the next group has flu like symptoms and those two groups make up the mass majority of covid..if you are in the risk categories then protect yourself and limit exposure..the rest can deal with it without panic or over reaction.  I know 11 people who have had covid and 8 had zero symptoms and it went away and the other 3 minor symptoms...ages ranged from 21 to 55...

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 11:03:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Depends on the individual...most people who have gotten covid it did not even affect them at all..that is what the big deal was is that people can have it with zero symptoms..the next group has flu like symptoms and those two groups make up the mass majority of covid..if you are in the risk categories then protect yourself and limit exposure..the rest can deal with it without panic or over reaction.  I know 11 people who have had covid and 8 had zero symptoms and it went away and the other 3 minor symptoms...ages ranged from 21 to 55...

Every thought in your response comes off as subjective.  There is so much that is unknown even to the scientific community about COVID-19.  It is now spreading at an alarming rate among young people.  It's not about spreading panic, but raising awareness about the perils of a pandemic.  Treat it lightly if you'd like but this will be with us for the foreseeable future.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 11:09:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Then live your life in a bubble if you choose to do so. It's not any worse than the flu. Anyone with common sense can now see that.

I honestly don't care one bit if you want to lock yourself in your house for the rest of your life. You have the right to do that, as long as you don't try to force the rest of us to do the same.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, ed swain, miltonherdfan

Offline sardistim

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 12:38:44 PM »
  • [Like]3
  • [Dislike]1
  • Then live your life in a bubble if you choose to do so. It's not any worse than the flu. Anyone with common sense can now see that.

I honestly don't care one bit if you want to lock yourself in your house for the rest of your life. You have the right to do that, as long as you don't try to force the rest of us to do the same.

Thankfully, people who have the responsibility to make decisions that will affect the lives of thousands of students and hundreds to thousands of employees and faculty members don't have this attitude.  And corporations, which realize their decisions carry legal liabilities that affect hundreds of thousands of lives, don't have this attitude.  And elected officials from Republican to Democratic mayors and governors who care about all of their citizens don't have this attitude.  In fact, what is really heartening, is that despite the partisan divide in our country almost every elected official, corporate CEO, and university president has treated this situation seriously and have proceeded along similar lines, some have been faster or slower on timelines, and some more strict or less strict on precautions, but they have all been basically on the same track.

It's fine to be cavalier about your own life.  I'm just thankful people making decisions about thousands of lives have shown more care.

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, bighat, wasbarryb

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 02:21:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You REALLY don't want to get this virus.  It's NOT the flu and you should fear it.

For some it is and others have very mild symptoms and others zero symptoms. The majority by far have no symptoms. Most people don’t even know they have it. Then there are the sick and elderly that can be hit very hard. But even the nursing home my dad was in, had around 40 cases and I believe one death. Even all of them that got it and from what I understand most never got extremely sick.
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 03:09:55 PM by herdorbust »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 02:39:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • For some it is and others have very mild symptoms and others zero symptoms. The majority by far have no symptoms. Most people don’t even know they have it. Then there are the sick and elderly that can be hit very hard. But even the nursing home my dad was in, had around 40 cases and I believe one death. Even all them came they it and from what I understand most never got extremely sick.

You confuse being the loudest most redundant poster on the board with knowing what you’re talking about.

Other than your overbearing insistence that you know more than every one else on the planet, can you provide documentable records that “The majority by far have no symptoms.”  I see an awful lot of people who have had it describing it as the worse disease they have ever had and many of those people have been young or middle age.

If your claims that it’s noting more than the flu is true, why did your god and savior demand that anyone attending his bust bowl rally in Oklahoma sign a waiver not to sue if attendees got Covid-19?  Good thing he wore a suit to that joke of a rally, the attendance was so small if he’d been in shorts, I would have mistaken it for a Conference USA basketball game.

The following users thanked this post: HaveUherd

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 03:05:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You confuse being the loudest most redundant poster on the board with knowing what you’re talking about.

Other than your overbearing insistence that you know more than every one else on the planet, can you provide documentable records that “The majority by far have no symptoms.”  I see an awful lot of people who have had it describing it as the worse disease they have ever had and many of those people have been young or middle age.

If your claims that it’s noting more than the flu is true, why did your god and savior demand that anyone attending his bust bowl rally in Oklahoma sign a waiver not to sue if attendees got Covid-19?  Good thing he wore a suit to that joke of a rally, the attendance was so small if he’d been in shorts, I would have mistaken it for a Conference USA basketball game.

😂😂😂😂tell that to all these athletes that are showing up with it and never knew they had it. And all the studies that have been done that shows people have it or already had it and never even knew they did. Yes there are some that get it and have symptoms and some even severe. But you are gobbling up the CNN koolaid. I have yet to know of anyone personally that has got it. Stay home since you are terrified about it. Simple as that!!!

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdfan129

Offline coalherd

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 03:45:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, until medical sources/experts definitively establish that once one catches the virus and recovers then as a result the person's immune system has developed antibodies sufficiently so that one will not, or is not very likely to, catch the virus again, then we should all proceed with an abundance of caution.

Can't believe that the COVID testing will be a panacea or that useful of a tool either, until advances in testing procedures and in other areas are made.  To me, the current testing is just a "snapshot" at a point in time.  You could get tested and later find out the results are absolutely NEGATIVE.  Yet 5 minutes after being tested you could walk out of the testing area and come into contact with someone with the virus and possibly be infected.  Until testing is improved so that one can almost INSTANTLY find out if they are infected or not and until a truly effective vaccine is developed, the current situation regarding this virus is going to continue, waxing and waning, in both the severity of the disease and the frequency of its occurrence and in its effects on human activity!
    « Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 12:16:28 AM by coalherd »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2020, 04:14:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, until medical sources/experts definitively establish that once one catches the virus and recovers then as a result the person's immune system has developed antibodies sufficiently so that one will not, or is not very likely to, catch the virus again, then we should all proceed with an abundance of caution.

Can't believe that the COVID testing will be a panacea or that useful of a tool either, until advances in testing procedures and in other areas are made.  To me, the current testing is just a "snapshot" at a point in time.  You could get tested and later find out the results are absolutely NEGATIVE.  Yet 5 minutes after being tested you could walk out of the testing area and come into contact with someone with the virus and possibly be infected.  Until testing is improved so that one can almost INTANTLY find out if they are infected or not and until a truly effective vaccine is developed, the current situation regarding this virus is going to continue, waxing and waning, in both the severity of the disease and the frequency of its occurrence and in its effects on human activity!

I agree with you.

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2020, 06:04:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To young people with the virus it will only last a week or two and will have no long term effect.Listen to the radical left who want to end sports for now and next year.

When the season gets canceled there will be little doubt as to which side should take the blame.

Hint. One side has taken it seriously and tried to stop the spread while the other side knows nothing else to do than politicize literally every issue we have and has chosen to not take the threat seriously.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2020, 06:04:57 PM »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2020, 07:33:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Depends on the individual...most people who have gotten covid it did not even affect them at all..that is what the big deal was is that people can have it with zero symptoms..the next group has flu like symptoms and those two groups make up the mass majority of covid..if you are in the risk categories then protect yourself and limit exposure..the rest can deal with it without panic or over reaction.  I know 11 people who have had covid and 8 had zero symptoms and it went away and the other 3 minor symptoms...ages ranged from 21 to 55...
    I don't know anyone that has knowingly had it. I also don't know anyone that has tested for it. I am 71 and very health. No artificial hips and no BP medication. I am lucky and I know that. I can also tell you that I have  no concern of getting it. I just will not live what time I have left cooped up. For the record, I DID have the flu in 1965 while in HS. The only days I missed in 16 years of school. I did miss one day of work in 1972 with laryngitis.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen

Online elginherd

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2020, 08:19:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Can't believe that the COVID testing will be a panacea or that useful of a tool either, until advances in testing procedures and in other areas are made.  To me, the current testing is just a "snapshot" at a point in time.  You could get tested and later find out the results are absolutely NEGATIVE.  Yet 5 minutes after being tested you could walk out of the testing area and come into contact with someone with the virus and possibly be infected.  Until testing is improved so that one can almost INTANTLY find out if they are infected or not and until a truly effective vaccine is developed, the current situation regarding this virus is going to continue, waxing and waning, in both the severity of the disease and the frequency of its occurrence and in its effects on human activity!
    [/q
    It IS a panacea if & only if there is robust tracing & buy-in for infected individuals to isolate themselves. The evidence is in...countries that have done this are recovering economically. The hap-hazard responses, like the UK, US & Brazil will result in further economic displacement. The one country, Sweden, that decided to basically try natural 'herd immunity' as public policy has found that the herd experiment has failed. We're in the process of following Sweden although there is presently no real discernible national policy explicitly or implicitly dealing with COVID.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Online herd2win

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2020, 09:05:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When the season gets canceled there will be little doubt as to which side should take the blame.

Hint. One side has taken it seriously and tried to stop the spread while the other side knows nothing else to do than politicize literally every issue we have and has chosen to not take the threat seriously.

This issue has been politicized from both sides.  People were locked up for 2 1/2 months and the economy taking a major blow and the covid still spreads after.  Just like the flu spreads or other illnesses.  It is very easy to not catch covid if that is your focus. My niece has 6 month old twins and my mom is 80..they take precautions.  I just traveled to LA and have been out the entire time.  Make your own mind but don’t choose for others. 

I know severa people who have had covid and they all have recovered in a very short time and 90% did not even have symptoms.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2020, 09:05:38 PM »