Author Topic: White privilege ?  (Read 666 times)

Offline Taft#1

White privilege ?
« on: August 26, 2020, 08:56:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  I guess whitey has had everything given to them simply because hes the right color . ::) ::)  Get em while theyre young
    https://www.parents.com/kids/responsibility/racism/how-to-explain-white-privilege-in-term-simple-enough-for-a-child/
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 09:02:44 PM by Taft#1 »

HerdFans.com

White privilege ?
    « on: August 26, 2020, 08:56:52 PM »

Offline The E-Man

Re: White privilege ?
    « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 02:16:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I guess whitey has had everything given to them simply because hes the right color . ::) ::)  Get em while theyre young
    https://www.parents.com/kids/responsibility/racism/how-to-explain-white-privilege-in-term-simple-enough-for-a-child/

One thing "whitey" as you always say, is more than unlikely will not be shot by the police. Jacob Blake a black man got shot without a gun and you have a white guy who just shot 3 people killing two walk right pass the police. Had that been a black man walking with an AR 15 and people yelling he just shot someone, the police would have opened fire on him.. So yeah, you should feel privileged that your kids and grand kids don't have to fear the police killing them, because of the color of their skin..

Offline pdunn

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 02:31:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A man with a history of threatening people with deadly weapons, was known to be a menace to the police and had moments before been in a scuffle with them.  It appears that he reached for a knife, once again a deadly weapon, and was shot.  There should not be any arrests.  Probably not even a civil suit because the police action was justified. 

If a white man had done the same thing do you think he would not be shot?  It happens every day but you don't hear about it.

As for the guy with a rifle, do you really think it would be wise for police to try to shoot at a man, even one with a deadly weapon, in the middle of a crowd?   
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, herdfan129

Offline pdunn

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 02:40:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A man with a history of threatening people with deadly weapons, was known to be a menace to the police and had moments before been in a scuffle with them.  It appears that he reached for a knife, once again a deadly weapon, and was shot.  There should not be any arrests.  Probably not even a civil suit because the police action was justified. 

If a white man had done the same thing do you think he would not be shot?  It happens every day but you don't hear about it.

As for the guy with a rifle, do you really think it would be wise for police to try to shoot at a man, even one with a deadly weapon, in the middle of a crowd?

Oh and by the way I don't fear getting shot by the police because I'm white, I feel safe because I don't go around reaching for a deadly weapon in their presence or acting with aggression toward them or anybody else.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 03:16:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

That's the cops version that Jacob was reaching for a knife. We have seen all to well that police versions are not always accurate when it comes to black men being shot. Take Walter Scott being fatally shot by a racist's cop, who walked over and grab his teaser to make it seem like Scott was going to use his taser against him..

&t=41s

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 03:25:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh and by the way I don't fear getting shot by the police because I'm white, I feel safe because I don't go around reaching for a deadly weapon in their presence or acting with aggression toward them or anybody else.

Statistics don't lie, black men are more than 3 times likely to be shot be a white cop using deadly force. This cop refused to use deadly force against an armed man. Had this been a black man, I'm afraid the results would have been different.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 03:29:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One thing "whitey" as you always say, is more than unlikely will not be shot by the police. Jacob Blake a black man got shot without a gun and you have a white guy who just shot 3 people killing two walk right pass the police. Had that been a black man walking with an AR 15 and people yelling he just shot someone, the police would have opened fire on him.. So yeah, you should feel privileged that your kids and grand kids don't have to fear the police killing them, because of the color of their skin..

19 unarmed white men shot by police and 9 black men.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 03:29:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• As for the guy with a rifle, do you really think it would be wise for police to try to shoot at a man, even one with a deadly weapon, in the middle of a crowd?

There's no way that dude should have walked away from the scene. The cops didn't even make the guy surrender. Then again, they were seen passing him and others bottle of waters earlier, go figure!

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 03:35:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Facts always tend to cloud narratives .

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 03:47:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Facts always tend to cloud narratives .

Are you serious? So now it's a narrative, when black men are shot and killed by cops.. GET REAL!

The following users thanked this post: HaveUherd

Offline pdunn

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 03:51:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The guy in North Charleston was murdered by the cop.  I've said so.  He was convicted by a jury for it.  Where is that cop now?

Justice.

I don't know the circumstances but any cop that would have fired a weapon with people standing around at what seems to be medium to long range in the dark would be a criminal idiot.  That they let him walk away is certainly not commendable but in the middle of a riot mistakes are made.  Did they even have lethal weapons and if they did were they told under no circumstances to use them, as happened in Minneapolis when a precinct was burned down, Seattle when a mob shut down a major section of the downtown, New York when they were having Molotovs thrown at them or Portland where there has been a riot going on every night for three straight months?  If that's the case how do you take down someone with a rifle from anything more than arms length without someone getting shot?  Do you really think that the cops said "wait, let him run away because he's white?"  If you think that you're beyond hope.

And the guy in the hospital even admits himself that he had a knife, so the cops are not not lying.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 03:58:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The guy in North Charleston was murdered by the cop.  I've said so.  He was convicted by a jury for it.  Where is that cop now?

Justice.

I don't know the circumstances but any cop that would have fired a weapon with people standing around at what seems to be medium to long range in the dark would be a criminal idiot.  That they let him walk away is certainly not commendable but in the middle of a riot mistakes are made.  Did they even have lethal weapons and if they did were they told under no circumstances to use them, as happened in Minneapolis when a precinct was burned down, Seattle when a mob shut down a major section of the downtown, New York when they were having Molotovs thrown at them or Portland where there has been a riot going on every night for three straight months?  If that's the case how do you take down someone with a rifle from anything more than arms length without someone getting shot?  Do you really think that the cops said "wait, let him run away because he's white?"  If you think that you're beyond hope.

And the guy in the hospital even admits himself that he had a knife, so the cops are not not lying.

I'm all for Law and Order, but not some White Supremacist vigilantes taking the law into their own hands. Dunn, we live in different worlds and what you see is so different than what I see and has seen over the years. Not all cops are bad. But the bad ones, give the good hard working cops a bad name.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 03:58:05 PM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 04:00:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This from the NCAA

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2020, 04:06:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It will get to the point where only black cops can be called for a crime if involves blacks , only whites for white crime.

I wish everyone was so worked up over black  people killing
    each other as they do cops killing a black person , there would be some real , much needed change then.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline pdunn

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2020, 04:19:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm all for Law and Order, but not some White Supremacist vigilantes taking the law into their own hands. Dunn, we live in different worlds and what you see is so different than what I see and has seen over the years. Not all cops are bad. But the bad ones, give the good hard working cops a bad name.

I don't disagree with you.  Except that no one knows that the guy was a "white supremacist vigilante," he might have simply been some guy thinking he was Rambo.  And that we live in different worlds, because the law applies the same to both of us, as does common sense.  If I am someone with a violent record and I confront police with a deadly weapon in my possession or I reach for one I risk a very good chance of being shot.

By the way, in the manner of this only happening to white people, I had an uncle who was shot dead in an apartment building in Columbus about fifteen years before I was born because of a case of mistaken identity and a stupid cop.  He was unarmed.  Wasn't even a charge. 

If I am ever shot and killed by a police officer or anyone else, E I would like you to do me a favor.  Make sure that the officer who shot me is given due process and a fair review and if he or she violated the law that he is punished to the fullest extent of the law by an impartial jury who weighed the facts as objectively as possible and came to a conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt that he or she committed a crime.  That is what I would like as part of my legacy, not a riot. 

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 04:24:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It will get to the point where only black cops can be called for a crime if involves blacks , only whites for white crime.

I wish everyone was so worked up over black  people killing
    each other as they do cops killing a black person , there would be some real , much needed change then.

Police officers are to protect and serve their communities and not kill it's citizens.  As for black on black crime, guess what? White people kill one another, too. Eighty-three percent of white victims are killed by white assailants. See, the vast majority of violent crime is committed within — not between — racial groups. Crime is a matter of proximity and opportunity. People victimize their own rather than drive across town to victimize somebody else.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2020, 04:29:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't disagree with you.  Except that no one knows that the guy was a "white supremacist vigilante," he might have simply been some guy thinking he was Rambo.  And that we live in different worlds, because the law applies the same to both of us, as does common sense.  If I am someone with a violent record and I confront police with a deadly weapon in my possession or I reach for one I risk a very good chance of being shot.

By the way, in the manner of this only happening to white people, I had an uncle who was shot dead in an apartment building in Columbus about fifteen years before I was born because of a case of mistaken identity and a stupid cop.  He was unarmed.  Wasn't even a charge. 

If I am ever shot and killed by a police officer or anyone else, E I would like you to do me a favor.  Make sure that the officer who shot me is given due process and a fair review and if he or she violated the law that he is punished to the fullest extent of the law by an impartial jury who weighed the facts as objectively as possible and came to a conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt that he or she committed a crime.  That is what I would like as part of my legacy, not a riot.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I don't agree with rioting, looting, burning down businesses. The people who do this takes away from peaceful protesters and need to be punished with jail time. As for police officers, I've never seen a cop not get a fair trial. For the most part it's hard to find a cop guilty of a crime.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 04:59:02 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cops get fair trials because they are heavily protected by their unions and very often tacitly by prosecutor's offices.  I've said that the problem with the justice system isn't that is biased in its structure but its biased in access.  OJ gets off with two murders because he knows and can afford the best legal minds in the country.  Thousands of people don't even know a lawyer or can't afford one and there aren't enough public defenders out there, a lot of your PD's on state or county payrolls are dedicated and decent attorneys but they are severely overburdened, not to mention underpaid.  You wind up with a minimally competent and usually inexperienced outside counsel who is getting paid about $40 an hour by the state and not even able to bill all the hours they put into the case (standard rate for a good lawyer starts at about $300 most places).  Most of the time folks just get pleaded out, some of them totally innocent of anything.  The prosecutors keep their conviction rates looking good that way too.  Money is the issue in access to justice, not race, if you're poor and white you're just as likely to get sucked into a no-win situation as if you are poor and of any other race.     

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2020, 07:13:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are you serious? So now it's a narrative, when black men are shot and killed by cops.. GET REAL!

Report now says Fentanyl is what killed Floyd. And the guy in Wisconsin should have just put his hands up and not reached in his car. I’ve been watching a video of a very similar situation where a black man got in his car, turned and shot 2 cops and one of them was a woman. Why do you all accept fighting the cops and not doing as your told? If a cop tells me to put my hands behind my back, I’m doing it even if I have just had prayer. I’ll defend myself later.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2020, 07:47:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Report now says Fentanyl is what killed Floyd. And the guy in Wisconsin should have just put his hands up and not reached in his car. I’ve been watching a video of a very similar situation where a black man got in his car, turned and shot 2 cops and one of them was a woman. Why do you all accept fighting the cops and not doing as your told? If a cop tells me to put my hands behind my back, I’m doing it even if I have just had prayer. I’ll defend myself later.

You're an even bigger Maroon than what I thought, if you think George Floyd wasn't killed by racist's cop Derek Chauvin. The whole world know's Chauvin killed Floyd.

The family of George Floyd released the results of an independent autopsy Monday afternoon that found his cause of death was homicide by asphyxiation from sustained pressure. 

The autopsy results contradicted preliminary findings by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, which attributed Floyd’s death to a combination of other factors. Those included the manner in which former Minneapolis officer Derek Chauvin restrained Floyd while kneeling on his neck a week ago, but the medical examiner also cited a variety of pre-existing health conditions as possible contributors.

Former (New York City chief medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden and University of Michigan pathologist Dr. Allecia Wilson) performed the independent autopsy, finding that “sustained pressure on the right side of Mr. Floyd’s carotid artery impeded blood flow to the brain, and weight on his back impeded his ability to breathe,

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2020, 08:19:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 08:22:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You're an even bigger Maroon than what I thought, if you think George Floyd wasn't killed by racist's cop Derek Chauvin. The whole world know's Chauvin killed Floyd.

The family of George Floyd released the results of an independent autopsy Monday afternoon that found his cause of death was homicide by asphyxiation from sustained pressure. 

The autopsy results contradicted preliminary findings by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, which attributed Floyd’s death to a combination of other factors. Those included the manner in which former Minneapolis officer Derek Chauvin restrained Floyd while kneeling on his neck a week ago, but the medical examiner also cited a variety of pre-existing health conditions as possible contributors.

Former (New York City chief medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden and University of Michigan pathologist Dr. Allecia Wilson) performed the independent autopsy, finding that “sustained pressure on the right side of Mr. Floyd’s carotid artery impeded blood flow to the brain, and weight on his back impeded his ability to breathe,

Not what the medical examiner is saying now. But don’t let the facts get in the way.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 08:22:26 PM »

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2020, 06:16:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The gentleman recording the Blake video said he heard cops yelling to put down the knife. They tried to taze him and were unsuccessful. He walks around to the car and either reaches for something and tries to get in. In that situation cops don’t know what’s going to happen. Does he have a gun, is he going to run them over.  I can guarantee this woukdnt have happened if mr Blake didn’t followed directions from police. 

Now to the kid that shot protestors.  I suggest you look at the New York Times timeline of event surrounding those shootings.  Long story short it was self defense. And if you think they were protestors and not rioters then I’ve got a bridge to sell you. 

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2020, 11:15:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Statistics don't lie, black men are more than 3 times likely to be shot be a white cop using deadly force. This cop refused to use deadly force against an armed man. Had this been a black man, I'm afraid the results would have been different.

going by statistics, you are more likely to be murdered by another black person than the police.  does that bother you?
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 11:34:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 11:45:31 AM by The E-Man »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 11:34:20 AM »