Author Topic: Football TV Schedule Announced  (Read 1647 times)

Offline tnherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • All American
  • Member Since 04/2012
Re: Football TV Schedule Announced
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 02:52:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some great TV package to try and recover our brand. Buy this device for this week and that device for next week or get the tin foil out and hope the wind doesn’t blow.

MTSU and WKU have much better packages than we do.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 02:52:05 PM »

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some great TV package to try and recover our brand. Buy this device for this week and that device for next week or get the tin foil out and hope the wind doesn’t blow.

How are Middle and Western's much better?

Offline tnherdfan

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #27 on: August 30, 2020, 08:24:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How are Middle and Western's much better?

MTSU has 1 game on Stadium, all others are on CBS Sports or ESPN. WKU is on Stadium 3 times so not that much better than us.

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2020, 08:56:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MTSU has 1 game on Stadium, all others are on CBS Sports or ESPN. WKU is on Stadium 3 times so not that much better than us.

Middle's website shows 5 on ESPN3. None on ESPN. They have 3 on CBSSN (one against us). We have 4 on CBSSN.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2020, 09:03:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

MTSU and Western have they same TV deal, and our selections are better this year.

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96

Offline tnherdfan

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #30 on: August 30, 2020, 10:53:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MTSU and Western have they same TV deal, and our selections are better this year.

I'm glad you think Stadium is a better option than the ESPN formats for fans to watch. I disagree.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2020, 11:03:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, if anyone is wondering why MU and Army never hooked up for a game this season, check out Army's schedule as posted on collegefootballschedules.com.  Army has made out like a bandit during the COVID related football turmoil.  They have booked EIGHT home games, including the home opener with Middle Tenn. on Sept. 5.  Two home games, BYU, Sept. 19, and Air Force, Nov. 7, are on CBS, as is he annual clash with Navy on Dec. 12.  ALL other home games are on CBSSN.  The away game with CUSA's UTSA on Oct. 17 is on CBSSN also.  Away games at Cincy on Sep. 26 and at Tulane on Nov. 14 are slated for TV but as yet unannounced. 

Other scheduling news is that Boise and GA. Southern have rescheduled this season's cancelled game in Idaho for sometime in 2028.  Hopefully, Boise will be willing to work with Mike Hamrick and reschedule their cancelled game in Huntington at a not too distant future date!

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline puma

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2020, 01:46:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For someone without cable, what's a good combination of streaming services for this fall?

It looks like Sling Orange for $30/month covers ESPN, ESPN3, and Stadium.
    ESPN+ is $6/month but there appears to be overlap (I think) with ESPN3.
    CBS All Access is $6/month but I can't tell for sure if that includes CBSSN.

Is there any chance for any of this shown OTA on a digital sub-channel?

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2020, 02:15:05 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • For someone without cable, what's a good combination of streaming services for this fall?

It looks like Sling Orange for $30/month covers ESPN, ESPN3, and Stadium.
    ESPN+ is $6/month but there appears to be overlap (I think) with ESPN3.
    CBS All Access is $6/month but I can't tell for sure if that includes CBSSN.

Is there any chance for any of this shown OTA on a digital sub-channel?

Only Stadium games will be shown OTA (depending on your area) in addition to free streaming outlets.

For CBSSN you'll need a streaming TV service such as YouTube TV, Hulu Live, or Fubo TV if you don't have cable/satellite. If you haven't used their free trials you could do that for 3 of the 4 CBSSN games.

The following users thanked this post: puma

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2020, 03:44:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm glad you think Stadium is a better option than the ESPN formats for fans to watch. I disagree.

Stadium games will likely now be on the RSNs.  No more Facebook.

The following users thanked this post: whf

Offline whf

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2020, 04:43:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stadium games will likely now be on the RSNs.  No more Facebook.
    Truly hoping this is so, Fox Regionals, correct?

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2020, 05:23:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Truly hoping this is so, Fox Regionals, correct?

Yes. But maybe only on one or two RSNs in the market of the two teams playing.

For example, when the hoops team played at UAB on Stadium the game was also carried on FOX Sports Southeast but not FOX Sports Ohio because the Columbus Blue Jackets were playing.

And when we played at UTSA the game was on FOX Sports Ohio but not FOX Sports Southwest (I assume because of a conflicting pro sport as well)

But with NBA, MLB and NHL regular seasons wrapping up maybe more FOX RSNs will air the Stadium games.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2020, 05:23:55 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2020, 05:37:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes. But maybe only on one or two RSNs in the market of the two teams playing.

For example, when the hoops team played at UAB on Stadium the game was also carried on FOX Sports Southeast but not FOX Sports Ohio because the Columbus Blue Jackets were playing.

And when we played at UTSA the game was on FOX Sports Ohio but not FOX Sports Southwest (I assume because of a conflicting pro sport as well)

But with NBA, MLB and NHL regular seasons wrapping up maybe more FOX RSNs will air the Stadium games.

Last I looked, the Blue Jackets were on the verge of elimination.   That may help with FS Ohio.

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2020, 06:23:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Last I looked, the Blue Jackets were on the verge of elimination.   That may help with FS Ohio.

Yeah. The Reds playing at the same time as Marshall-WKU on 9/26 is the only game I see that will prevent a Stadium game from airing on FS Ohio.

What will be interesting to see is if AT&T Sportsnet Pittsburgh continues to show FOX RSN college football games. The Pirates also play on 9/26 while we're playing WKU. So they won't be picking that one up.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2020, 08:51:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Iw CBSSN available on anything like youtube tv or hulu, etc?

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2020, 09:15:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Yes. Here is a link with the services, cost, etc.

https://thestreamable.com/channels/cbs-sports-network

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

Offline elginherd

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2020, 09:41:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We're Hulu Live customers and can verify that CBSSN is available on Hulu Live.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2020, 09:57:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i don't know what it means exactly so maybe elginherd, MUsince96 or somebody can weigh in-  Roku shows 'CBS Sports Live 24/7'

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2020, 11:03:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i don't know what it means exactly so maybe elginherd, MUsince96 or somebody can weigh in-  Roku shows 'CBS Sports Live 24/7'

The CBS Sports streaming app has 2 channels.

CBS Sports HQ which is a free 24/7 sports news channel. (Think their version of ESPNEWS)

The other is CBSSN if you have a cable or satellite login. (Call family or friend for their login if they have the channel  ;))
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 11:13:37 AM by MUsince96 »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2020, 01:50:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The CBS Sports streaming app has 2 channels.

CBS Sports HQ which is a free 24/7 sports news channel. (Think their version of ESPNEWS)

The other is CBSSN if you have a cable or satellite login. (Call family or friend for their login if they have the channel  ;))
    i don't know what it means exactly so maybe elginherd, MUsince96 or somebody can weigh in-  Roku shows 'CBS Sports Live 24/7'

MU,
    "Hulu Live" is a streaming app available on your Roku. It is a paid service that costs about $55/ month and offers many of the same live channels as a cable or satellite provider. Hulu Live includes all the ESPN's, NBCSN, several regional sports networks (not Cincinnati or Pittsburgh, however) & CBS SN. In addition you can get local NBC, CBS, ABC & Fox channels in many areas. The price includes all the On Demand HULU programs, like Handmaids Tale & a number of older Showtime & HBO series. I think that they offer a 7 day trial for free.

You don't need a cable/satellite login if you have the Hulu Live subscription. And '96's suggestion might not work anyway, particularly if the cable subscriber also uses that company as their internet provider...the reason is that your internet address will not match the cable subscriber's.

The following users thanked this post: MUonium, puma

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2020, 01:58:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And '96's suggestion might not work anyway, particularly if the cable subscriber also uses that company as their internet provider...the reason is that your internet address will not match the cable subscriber's.

I use my inlaws DirecTV login to watch the CBSSN games. Not sure if we have the same internet provider or not.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2020, 04:35:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I use my inlaws DirecTV login to watch the CBSSN games. Not sure if we have the same internet provider or not.

I don't think it would matter because DTV obviously isn't connected to their IP account. Where you might run into a problem is if they were getting cable from the IP. In that case, I'd want to test that out before game day.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2020, 04:35:55 PM »

Offline whf

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2020, 04:50:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MU,
    "Hulu Live" is a streaming app available on your Roku. It is a paid service that costs about $55/ month and offers many of the same live channels as a cable or satellite provider. Hulu Live includes all the ESPN's, NBCSN, several regional sports networks (not Cincinnati or Pittsburgh, however) & CBS SN. In addition you can get local NBC, CBS, ABC & Fox channels in many areas. The price includes all the On Demand HULU programs, like Handmaids Tale & a number of older Showtime & HBO series. I think that they offer a 7 day trial for free.

You don't need a cable/satellite login if you have the Hulu Live subscription. And '96's suggestion might not work anyway, particularly if the cable subscriber also uses that company as their internet provider...the reason is that your internet address  will not match the cable subscriber's.
    Moved to Hulu about four months ago from DirecTV, other than the fact my wife hates the syntax/process, I love. I'm saving over $100.00 per month and got all the sports I want back. Check it out, chose it because of the sports...

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, MUonium

Offline elginherd

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2020, 06:04:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Moved to Hulu about four months ago from DirecTV, other than the fact my wife hates the syntax/process, I love. I'm saving over $100.00 per month and got all the sports I want back. Check it out, chose it because of the sports...

I agree about Hulu's UI.
    When you turn it on you're presented with an array of large thumbnails repping programming instead of a grid that resembles a cable UI. Getting to Hulu's grid is kind of a 3 step process...kind of ass-backward.

Sling has a very cable like display, BUT CBS SN is not on either of their offerings.
    Youtube TV's has the best usability IMO, but they're the most pricey and don't have Hulu's good selection of On-demand stuff. So we like Hulu at this time.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2020, 07:48:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Side note but I saw YouTube TV added Stadium to their extra sports package along with NFL Redzone, FOX College Sports and a few others.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2020, 07:48:28 PM »