Author Topic: Football TV Schedule Announced  (Read 1658 times)

Offline MUsince96

Football TV Schedule Announced
« on: August 28, 2020, 01:23:36 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://herdzone.com/news/2020/8/28/football-thundering-herds-television-schedule-announced.aspx

4 CBSSN
    3 Stadium
    1 ESPN
    1 ESPN 3/+

NFLN didn't take any C-USA games. What happened to that contract?

But there's no Facebook games this season. I'll take it.

I'll add there's probably a good chance the Stadium games also end up on Fox Sports Ohio. After Sinclair bought the FOX RSN's; those RSN's were showing Stadium basketball games this past winter.
    « Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 01:37:06 PM by MUsince96 »

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Garbanjo, carolinaherdfan, Big City, The E-Man, elginherd, GreenDaddy

HerdFans.com

Football TV Schedule Announced
    « on: August 28, 2020, 01:23:36 PM »

Offline MUsince96

Re: Football TV Schedule Announced
    « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 01:29:52 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://conferenceusa.com/news/2020/8/28/2020-football-broadcast-schedule.aspx

Here's the full C-USA schedule.

It appears ESPN is using a 12 day window to decide what channel to put a bunch of games on.

Rice @ Marshall is actually in that 12 day window. It doesn't say ESPN3/ESPN+ like HerdZone does. So theoretically it could end up on any ESPN channel.
    « Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 01:53:21 PM by MUsince96 »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 01:53:54 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://herdzone.com/news/2020/8/28/football-thundering-herds-television-schedule-announced.aspx

4 CBSSN
    3 Stadium
    1 ESPN
    1 ESPN 3/+

Damn, that's disappointing. I ordered a toddler-sized t-shirt with the official CUSA logo proudly displayed just so I could entertain the dozens of viewers with his cuteness & our much beloved slogan, The CUSA Way.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, MUsince96, MUonium, puma

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 02:03:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All the home games are day games and all the road games are night games.

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 03:14:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Damn, that's disappointing. I ordered a toddler-sized t-shirt with the official CUSA logo proudly displayed just so I could entertain the dozens of viewers with his cuteness & our much beloved slogan, The CUSA Way.

If the Stadium games end up on the RSNs as well; this might be the best season in recent memory as far as exposure and people not asking "How do I watch today's game?" every week.  ;D

Offline Big City

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 03:46:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If the Stadium games end up on the RSNs as well; this might be the best season in recent memory as far as exposure and people not asking "How do I watch today's game?" every week.  ;D

The what device, app, subscription do I need this week syndrome.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 04:52:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The what device, app, subscription do I need this week syndrome.

I checked & a few streaming apps say they show Stadium. We use Roku for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

According to the internet, I can download Stadium as well. I never take it for granted until I see it come on the TV. I am a little concerned it will show up on Facebook or the Stadium link for Roku will have a couple 14 year old youngsters as spotters and broadcasters....

Then again if it's not on Facebook, I will be happy.....

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I checked & a few streaming apps say they show Stadium. We use Roku for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

According to the internet, I can download Stadium as well. I never take it for granted until I see it come on the TV. I am a little concerned it will show up on Facebook or the Stadium link for Roku will have a couple 14 year old youngsters as spotters and broadcasters....

Then again if it's not on Facebook, I will be happy.....

Yep. No Facebook this year.

Here's a link with every way to watch Stadium. If you enter your zip code it will also tell you the channel in your area.

https://watchstadium.com/where-to-watch/

Offline svherd

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 05:00:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep. No Facebook this year.

Here's a link with every way to watch Stadium. If you enter your zip code it will also tell you the channel in your area.

https://watchstadium.com/where-to-watch/

No results for Huntington. Shocker.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 05:09:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No results for Huntington. Shocker.
    As you recall it is a sub station of one of the Huntington stations. I believe channel 133 on Comcast and also available o  a digital antenna over the air
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 05:44:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

4 CBSSN
    3 Stadium
    1 ESPN
    1 ESPN 3/+

I'll add there's probably a good chance the Stadium games also end up on Fox Sports Ohio. After Sinclair bought the FOX RSN's; those RSN's were showing Stadium basketball games this past winter.

CBSSN pickup 4 of our games, and ESPN picked our game vs EKU. I realize that without Covid this probably wouldn’t have happened, but am I wrong to feel that Marshall still has a decent enough brand that the networks will pick us most of the time? It so, that should be something that gives all of us Herdfans hope that Marshall isn’t to far gone in the CFB world. Most likely reading to much into it, but wanted to point to something positive for a change.

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 05:45:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No results for Huntington. Shocker.

Doesn't come up for my zip code either but I have it.

10-504 OTA or 125 with a Suddenlink digital box.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 05:45:15 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 06:08:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CBSSN pickup 4 of our games, and ESPN picked our game vs EKU. I realize that without Covid this probably wouldn’t have happened, but am I wrong to feel that Marshall still has a decent enough brand that the networks will pick us most of the time? It so, that should be something that gives all of us Herdfans hope that Marshall isn’t to far gone in the CFB world. Most likely reading to much into it, but wanted to point to something positive for a change.

Let's just all hope and pray that Doc's 2020 version of the HERD doesn't ERODE our "brand" even further!!!

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 06:26:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CBSSN pickup 4 of our games, and ESPN picked our game vs EKU. I realize that without Covid this probably wouldn’t have happened, but am I wrong to feel that Marshall still has a decent enough brand that the networks will pick us most of the time? It so, that should be something that gives all of us Herdfans hope that Marshall isn’t to far gone in the CFB world. Most likely reading to much into it, but wanted to point to something positive for a change.
    I think you have read it well, Marshall still has  a presence.

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 07:46:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No Stadium results for Beckley (25801) either.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2020, 07:46:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No Stadium results for Beckley (25801) either.
    Where did you watch Stadium games there last year?
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline MU93

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 08:37:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As you recall it is a sub station of one of the Huntington stations. I believe channel 133 on Comcast and also available o  a digital antenna over the air

Yes, Stadium is available for free as sub of fox 11 locally, 11-2.  You can get decent non amplified hd antennas for $40 and receive about 25 stations in our area.  Been using one for a few years now and have been happy with their performance. 

Offline MUonium

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2020, 08:57:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i have a terrible memory for things like this sometimes- i thought i had stadium via Hulu last year but i don't see it listed now.  i think it's still possible to, at least sometimes,  stream directly from stadium.com ???  i sure hope so!   if not, then i wouldn't mind stadium on facebook as a last resort

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2020, 09:25:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, Stadium is available for free as sub of fox 11 locally, 11-2.  You can get decent non amplified hd antennas for $40 and receive about 25 stations in our area.  Been using one for a few years now and have been happy with their performance.
    Thank you. I knew it was out there but since I have Comcast i wasn't sure the the specifics.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline elginherd

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2020, 09:26:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For everyone's edification:

The 'national Stadium' channel is available on the following free apps (AKA what Roku calls 'channels') Stirr & Pluto for sure. The feed off of the apps are 1080p HD, while the Huntington local 11.2 is in SD. So if a game is offered via streaming on Pluto or Stirr, those are much better options than viewing via 11.2.

Stadium is also available on both of Sling TV's packages, if that hasn't changed from last year.

On Roku, just scroll up or down to 'Search' and then type in "Stirr" or "Pluto".  You'lll get the option to download the channel. Just click it. Both apps take a little time to get used to their channel lists, so do fool around with that before Gameday.

On the Fire TV device, you can use the voice control and just say "Stadium" or "Stirr". And an option to download is presented. (Alternately, you can click 'home', scroll to the left on the top line, select 'Search" and type in one of the options.)

On any computer you can just type in "watch stadium" is either the address line or search field in your browser. The website's link appears, and you just click on the link. This feed is also HD.

The following users thanked this post: herd33, MUonium

Offline elginherd

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2020, 09:27:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i have a terrible memory for things like this sometimes- i thought i had stadium via Hulu last year but i don't see it listed now.  i think it's still possible to, at least sometimes,  stream directly from stadium.com ???  i sure hope so!   if not, then i wouldn't mind stadium on facebook as a last resort

you want watchstadium.com

The following users thanked this post: svherd, MUonium

Offline MUonium

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2020, 10:02:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • thank you, elgin.  my bad memory + confusion since i don't watch much TV and don't really visit Roku, the little engine that brings me the rest of the TV stuff- i actually meant to say and should have searched Roku.  of course, in my defense, i would have gotten it, when necessary, at the last minute! 

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2020, 10:02:13 AM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2020, 10:18:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • thank you, elgin.  my bad memory + confusion since i don't watch much TV and don't really visit Roku, the little engine that brings me the rest of the TV stuff- i actually meant to say and should have searched Roku.  of course, in my defense, i would have gotten it, when necessary, at the last minute!

If you haven't, get'er done now so you don't forget...I forget some basic stuff, too; like when I go downstairs to get two things and just end up getting one or none & then having to make 0ne or two return trips.

Just takes a minute to download Pluto or Stirr.

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2020, 10:25:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you haven't, get'er done now so you don't forget...I forget some basic stuff, too; like when I go downstairs to get two things and just end up getting one or none & then having to make 0ne or two return trips.

Just takes a minute to download Pluto or Stirr.

Also took about 4 minutes to lock in Stadium on Roku this am. Now have to wait to see if they stream the game.

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

Offline svherd

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2020, 11:30:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Correction, Armstrong channel 94. I am too old to remember all the channels.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2020, 11:30:54 AM »