Author Topic: Professional Athletes Have Inspired Me  (Read 1152 times)

Offline pdunn

Professional Athletes Have Inspired Me
« on: August 28, 2020, 01:50:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've decided that I will refuse to do my job too.  I expect my employer to continue to keep me employed and pay my salary while I show my solidarity in fightin' the man.

Think it'll work?
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, ed swain, Taft#1, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

Professional Athletes Have Inspired Me
    « on: August 28, 2020, 01:50:20 PM »

Offline Taft#1

Re: Professional Athletes Have Inspired Me
    « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 02:01:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NBA players to resume playoffs after brief strike, Thursday's slate postponed: report

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-players-resume-playoffs-thursdays-slate-postponed-reports

I wonder how they would be able to make their car & house payments if they lose their NBA gig ? I say two months max.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 02:12:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I wonder how they would be able to make their car & house payments if they lose their NBA gig ? I say two months max.

Maybe they could make the payments on that Bentley selling beer and Zig Zags down at the 7-11.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 02:12:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm glad to see all athletes both professionally and on the amature level step up to fight the "injustice" in this country. I wish my fellow Herd fans would be inspired like the athletes to speak up about the injustice. No one on here as mentioned a word about a man being shot 7 times in the back by a coward cop. To be silence is complicit.

The following users thanked this post: WVpaNC42

Offline svherd

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 02:20:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NBA players to resume playoffs after brief strike, Thursday's slate postponed: report

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-players-resume-playoffs-thursdays-slate-postponed-reports

I wonder how they would be able to make their car & house payments if they lose their NBA gig ? I say two months max.

The ESPN 60 show a few years ago said something like 75% of NBA players are broke after they have been out the league for 5 years. Wow! Not too much smarts going on there.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline pdunn

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 02:22:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm glad to see all athletes both professionally and on the amature level step up to fight the "injustice" in this country. I wish my fellow Herd fans would be inspired like the athletes to speak up about the injustice. No one on here as mentioned a word about a man being shot 7 times in the back by a coward cop. To be silence is complicit.

and you have convicted the cop and demeaned him without any evidence or recognizing that the guy that got shot was seeking to threaten them with deadly force and did not respond to commands to stop.

When something is wrong I'll say it and you know that.  With this fact pattern you are not seeking justice you are seeking vengeance.

There is injustice in this world but not this.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, Taft#1, herdorbust

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 02:24:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When the advertising dollars dry up because fans are tired of being called racist and the cause of the problem , the athletes will go silent fast . Somehow they have forgotten who pays their overpriced salaries and their not important as they think they are .

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 02:27:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • and you have convicted the cop and demeaned him without any evidence or recognizing that the guy that got shot was seeking to threaten them with deadly force and did not respond to commands to stop.

When something is wrong I'll say it and you know that.  With this fact pattern you are not seeking justice you are seeking vengeance.

Thats why theres a court of public opinion and actual courts . Trying a case based on emotion , which is what these radicals want , is not a good thing to start doing .

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 02:35:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • and you have convicted the cop and demeaned him without any evidence or recognizing that the guy that got shot was seeking to threaten them with deadly force and did not respond to commands to stop.

I agree that Blake should have complied with the police officer. Blake is not the first nor last that will not comply with an officer. However, It's a stark difference when a white person doesn't comply as opposed to a black man. You and I know had this been a white man statistics show the out come would have been different.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 02:39:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thats why theres a court of public opinion and actual courts . Trying a case based on emotion , which is what these radicals want , is not a good thing to start doing .

Right now anyone who is facing trial for anything is--in the eyes of the law--innocent.

Until all facts are known and all evidence presented before an impartial jury this does not change.

These calls for "justice" are actually a call for perverted justice tainting jury pools and eliminating the chance of a fair trial.  You think you can find twelve people in a randomly selected jury pool Kenosha who have not prejudged this case? 

Silence isn't complicit, silence is golden if you believe in due process.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, Taft#1

Offline pdunn

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 02:53:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree that Blake should have complied with the police officer. Blake is not the first nor last that will not comply with an officer. However, It's a stark difference when a white person doesn't comply as opposed to a black man. You and I know had this been a white man statistics show the out come would have been different.

So he was not innocent.  He admits that he had a knife.  That is certainly pretty exculpatory in and of itself, but like I said I want this to be investigated and have justice take it's course.

OK, show me the statistics that show that a white man threatening a cop with a deadly weapon is less likely to get shot.  By the way, it wouldn't bother me if they did shoot em because no cop should have to die at a criminal's hand.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, 2xBison

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 03:30:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

No place for it. If athletes want to do it in their spare time and with their money more power to them. Me and a lot of Americans are tired of their antics. Boycott pro sports!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 03:30:54 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 03:33:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

If he never resisted arrest he would be alive. What gives him and others the right to not be policed? He was a criminal. Just stop fighting and do as you are told instead of jerking loose reaching inside your car. Cops aren’t going to wait and see what you pull out.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 03:35:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree that Blake should have complied with the police officer. Blake is not the first nor last that will not comply with an officer. However, It's a stark difference when a white person doesn't comply as opposed to a black man. You and I know had this been a white man statistics show the out come would have been different.

No it doesn’t. 19 white men unarmed killed by the police last year and 9 black men.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 04:01:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• No place for it. If athletes want to do it in their spare time and with their money more power to them. Me and a lot of Americans are tired of their antics. Boycott pro sports!!!

Why you're at it, you might want to boycott Herd basketball as well. You think a lot of black athletes don't read these boards?

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 04:08:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]3
  • Right now anyone who is facing trial for anything is--in the eyes of the law--innocent.

Until all facts are known and all evidence presented before an impartial jury this does not change.

These calls for "justice" are actually a call for perverted justice tainting jury pools and eliminating the chance of a fair trial.  You think you can find twelve people in a randomly selected jury pool Kenosha who have not prejudged this case? 

Silence isn't complicit, silence is golden if you believe in due process.

Due process is golden if it's applied to everyone equally!!!. Due process only applies to certain privileged people. I'm not going to even name all the people it didn't apply to that was either shot or strangled to death.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2020, 05:52:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm still waiting for the statistics.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2020, 06:27:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm still waiting for the statistics.

This from Harvard Edu..

Black Americans are 3.23 times more likely than white Americans to be killed by police, according to a new study by researchers from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The researchers examined 5,494 police-related deaths in the U.S. between 2013 and 2017. Rates of deadly police encounters were higher in the West and South than in the Midwest and Northeast, according to the study.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/blacks-whites-police-deaths-disparity/

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2020, 06:35:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This from Harvard Edu..

Black Americans are 3.23 times more likely than white Americans to be killed by police, according to a new study by researchers from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The researchers examined 5,494 police-related deaths in the U.S. between 2013 and 2017. Rates of deadly police encounters were higher in the West and South than in the Midwest and Northeast, according to the study.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/blacks-whites-police-deaths-disparity/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/07/15/police-shooting-study-retracted/%3foutputType=amp

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2020, 06:47:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• No place for it. If athletes want to do it in their spare time and with their money more power to them. Me and a lot of Americans are tired of their antics. Boycott pro sports!!!

Why you're at it, you might want to boycott Herd basketball as well. You think a lot of black Herd athletes don't read these boards?
    « Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 07:53:48 PM by The E-Man »

Offline pdunn

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2020, 07:26:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If this crap starts at Marshall I'll turn it off never watch it again and never send Marshall another cent of my money.

The following users thanked this post: MUtim, Big City, herdorbust

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2020, 07:47:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If this crap starts at Marshall I'll turn it off never watch it again and never send Marshall another cent of my money.

Dunn, this is in reference to herdofbust talking about boycotting sports. Athletes have boycotted all sports including, The NHL, NASCAR, WNBA, MLB, they're making a statement..

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2020, 07:47:49 PM »

Offline pdunn

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2020, 07:48:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This from Harvard Edu..

Here is a link to the entire article:  https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0229686#sec009

One of the things that I picked up from that article is that 27% of the roughly 5500 deaths were of blacks, which interestingly is about roughly equivalent to the percentage of violent crimes committed by blacks, 26%.  About 42% of deaths were among whites, who committed about 69% of violent crimes.  Those are FBI crime statistics.  The authors did not address this potential explanation, nor did the indicate in the shootings the reported rate of resist to arrest.  Or, how many individuals killed were repeat offenders who had more to lose if they surrendered without a fight.  I would like to know if white criminals are more likely to surrender to police than black criminals. 

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2020, 07:52:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is a link to the entire article:  https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0229686#sec009

One of the things that I picked up from that article is that 27% of the roughly 5500 deaths were of blacks, which interestingly is about roughly equivalent to the percentage of violent crimes committed by blacks, 26%.  About 42% of deaths were among whites, who committed about 69% of violent crimes.  Those are FBI crime statistics.  The authors did not address this potential explanation, nor did the indicate in the shootings the reported rate of resist to arrest.  Or, how many individuals killed were repeat offenders who had more to lose if they surrendered without a fight.  I would like to know if white criminals are more likely to surrender to police than black criminals.

I have no clue as to surrendering based on race.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 07:54:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dunn, this is in reference to herdofbust talking about boycotting sports. Athletes have boycotted all sports including, The NHL, NASCAR, WNBA, MLB, they're making a statement..

I'm not watching any of those right now either.  I've already heard the statement, I'm not going to pay money or spend time getting it stuck in my face.  That's my choice.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2020, 07:54:11 PM »