Author Topic: Professional Athletes Have Inspired Me  (Read 1126 times)

Offline ed swain

Re: Professional Athletes Have Inspired Me
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2020, 03:02:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I expect the NBA has lost a lot of fans that will not come back.They are cutting their own throat.

The following users thanked this post: MUtim, Stripeshrt, Big City

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2020, 03:02:58 PM »

Online 2xBison

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2020, 03:04:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly! That's my point. You tell me, how were the neo-nazis good people marching saying, all jews must die!,??? Trump neo-nazis, very fine people! SMH... ::)

it's obvious you believe what you want.  I have read and seen the full original quote.  It was clear he was speaking of the people not their for trouble, there are reasonable people that wanted the statues down and there are reasonable people who thought for historic reasons they should stand....he condemned repeatedly the nuts on each side being antifa and white supremist. 

personally I could care less about the statues either way.  I'd think you would like them since your party is responsible for most of them, most were put up in southern states after the end of the civil war during the early 1900s in the Jim Crow days.....and guess who put was primarily responsible for putting them up?  yes, those same democrats that fought a war over slavery, those same democrats that formed the KKK, those same democrats for Jim Crow and those same democrats for segregated schools.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2020, 04:22:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/08/27/black-man-stabbed-random-white-autozone-employee-in-the-neck-after-watching-police-shooting-videos-n855810

His ass needs to be locked up for a very long time. Violence is just that and comes in all sizes and races, so when are you guys going to speak up against systemic racism and white racist cops shooting black men?

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2020, 04:24:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • he condemned repeatedly the nuts on each side being antifa and white supremist. 

Trump changed his tune after being rebuked by many for making such a racist comment..

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2020, 04:34:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it's obvious you believe what you want.  I have read and seen the full original quote.  It was clear he was speaking of the people not their for trouble, there are reasonable people that wanted the statues down and there are reasonable people who thought for historic reasons they should stand....he condemned repeatedly the nuts on each side being antifa and white supremist. 

personally I could care less about the statues either way.  I'd think you would like them since your party is responsible for most of them, most were put up in southern states after the end of the civil war during the early 1900s in the Jim Crow days.....and guess who put was primarily responsible for putting them up? yes, those same democrats that fought a war over slavery, those same democrats that formed the KKK, those same democrats for Jim Crow and those same democrats for segregated schools.

Bison are you even aware of your history? LOL,... I was going to remind you as to why your racist Democrats back then are now Republicans. So when you talk about Jim Crow, it's your people that are responsible for such laws. The black people didn't make those racist laws, hell we couldn't even vote. You look more foolish everyday.. Here's a reminder about the Democrats back then who was basically Republicans of today...

Following the passage of (the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, (the Southern states became more reliably Republican in presidential politics), while (Northeastern states became more reliably Democratic). (Studies show that Southern whites shifted to the Republican Party) due to racial conservatism.
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 04:40:16 PM by The E-Man »

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #55 on: August 29, 2020, 04:37:14 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/08/27/black-man-stabbed-random-white-autozone-employee-in-the-neck-after-watching-police-shooting-videos-n855810
    There were 2 of these incidents on one day.  Can’t find it on MSM.  Both perpetrators shouting BLM as they stabbed someone in the name of this movement.  The 5 year old kid?  The 18 year old shot in her car in NC.  These obvious HATE crimes are Happening all the time.  Why is it not on MSM? I don’t see protests/riots/looting because of those crimes.  The National media is silent unless it fits their narrative. This crap is getting ridiculous.  If this stuff starts at Marshall.  I won’t go to another game or give another cent.

I’m 52 and have been hooked on the NBA since Magic was drafted by the Lakers.  Loved the Cowboys so much as a kid that I literally could dress from head to toe in their gear and used my lawn mowing money to subscribe to their newsletter.  Been hooked on the Dodgers and MLB since the mid 70’s.  They are all canceled.  I won’t ever watch any of those sports again. 

One thing Covid has taught me...I can live without sports.  Nothing beats my love for this great country, the flag, and the MANY soldiers of ALL creeds and colors whom have sacrificed their lives for this great nation!
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:03:35 PM by MUtim »

Offline pdunn

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2020, 04:42:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His ass needs to be locked up for a very long time. Violence is just that and comes in all sizes and races, so when are you guys going to speak up against systemic racism and white racist cops shooting black men?

His ass needs due process and a fair trial and then to be locked up for a very long time.  I won't pass final judgment on him until he gets his justice too even though it is a lead pipe cinch what happened.  My point in posting it is this, right now there is this myth out there that these things go uninvestigated or unpunished and the only way to get "justice" is through violence and terror.  Like Andrew Young said, "you keep asking eye for an eye and pretty soon everyone is blind."
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, Taft#1, The E-Man

Offline pdunn

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2020, 04:46:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I expect the NBA has lost a lot of fans that will not come back.They are cutting their own throat.

There's an irony that a bunch of guys who make more money in a month than I will in my whole life simply because they can do things with a piece of rubber full of air that few people can are telling me that I'm privileged.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline pdunn

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2020, 04:59:23 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Serious question. How do you all feel about athletes wanting to be classified as entertainers? Hate to say it but Marshall football hasn’t entertained me in years. I come back for Marshall. Not the players. John Doe could suit up and I’d still be here.

I’m a Browns fan. 0-16 wasn’t very entertaining. The Cubs have entertained me maybe 4-5 years of my 32 on the planet.

When this angle gets driven I no longer judge on “talent” but judge you on are you entertaining me. I guess this is why pro sports viewing is down for me. It’s really just not a good product.

+1.  An honorable attempt at a serious question in the middle of a custard pie fight. :)
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 05:01:34 PM by pdunn »

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #59 on: August 29, 2020, 05:30:11 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • Last items before I quit this.  I try not to say anything for fear of reprisals or accusations, but I am going to list some reasons why I am against the BLM organization and why I think it’s a fraud.

We are not a systemically racist nation.  I voted for Obama...not once, but twice.  A whole lot of other white people voted for him too.  A systemically racist nation, supposedly against blacks, does not elect a black person to be the President of their country.

In 2015. Whites killed 229 blacks.  Blacks killed 500 whites.
    In 2016, Whites killed 243 blacks.  Blacks killed 533 whites.
    In 2017. Whites killed 264 blacks.  Blacks killed 576 whites.
    In 2018. Whites killed 234 blacks.  Blacks killed 514 whites.

FBI stats.  I got tired of looking for the 19 stats.  Amazingly, these numbers are not that easy to find.  Wonder why..  Who is being hunted??  70 percent of the population (White) and 14 percent of the population (Black).  It does not take a mathematician to see which race is more likely to commit a homicide against the other race.
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 05:44:09 PM by MUtim »

Offline pdunn

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2020, 05:38:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "The NBA Bubble is toxic. It was bound to burst, bound to foment racial animus. The Bubble is a museum dedicated to defining America as inherently racist and demonizing anyone who questions the sanity of analyzing a nation through the lens of police engagement with resisting suspects...This is the consequence of injecting politics into sports. Politics is inherently partisan, divisive, dishonest, racially exploitive and destructive. Politics blinds. The fight for political power erases the humanity of the opposition. Politics uses fear to inspire voters."

https://www.outkick.com/whitlock-milwaukee-bucks-black-athletes-can-no-longer-afford-to-just-do-it/
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:03:50 PM by pdunn »

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt

Online 2xBison

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2020, 08:39:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bison are you even aware of your history? LOL,... I was going to remind you as to why your racist Democrats back then are now Republicans. So when you talk about Jim Crow, it's your people that are responsible for such laws. The black people didn't make those racist laws, hell we couldn't even vote. You look more foolish everyday.. Here's a reminder about the Democrats back then who was basically Republicans of today...

Following the passage of (the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, (the Southern states became more reliably Republican in presidential politics), while (Northeastern states became more reliably Democratic). (Studies show that Southern whites shifted to the Republican Party) due to racial conservatism.

like i said you believe what you are fed. 
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2020, 08:39:48 AM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2020, 08:43:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • like i said you believe what you are fed.

Isn’t that the TRUTH!!!!

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2020, 10:29:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • like i said you believe what you are fed.

What I'm fed is truth! Unlike you that believes in a lying con man..

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2020, 10:39:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What I'm fed is truth! Unlike you that believes in a lying con man..

The hatred is making you libs insane. Smell the roses and enjoy Trump building this economy back for the second time. That is what has dems terrified. He is going to build it back strong and finish the China trade deal. Trump is a true patriot for American workers!!! Dems can only keep their business’s closed so long acting like communists destroying people’s life long hard work.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2020, 10:43:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There were 2 of these incidents on one day.  Can’t find it on MSM.  Both perpetrators shouting BLM as they stabbed someone in the name of this movement.  The 5 year old kid?  The 18 year old shot in her car in NC.  These obvious HATE crimes are Happening all the time.  Why is it not on MSM? I don’t see protests/riots/looting because of those crimes.  The National media is silent unless it fits their narrative. This crap is getting ridiculous.  If this stuff starts at Marshall.  I won’t go to another game or give another cent.

I’m 52 and have been hooked on the NBA since Magic was drafted by the Lakers.  Loved the Cowboys so much as a kid that I literally could dress from head to toe in their gear and used my lawn mowing money to subscribe to their newsletter.  Been hooked on the Dodgers and MLB since the mid 70’s.  They are all canceled.  I won’t ever watch any of those sports again. 

One thing Covid has taught me...I can live without sports.  Nothing beats my love for this great country, the flag, and the MANY soldiers of ALL creeds and colors whom have sacrificed their lives for this great nation!

So basically what you're saying is that you don't agree with people's right to protest?

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2020, 10:58:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So basically what you're saying is that you don't agree with people's right to protest?

Do you agree that thousands can protest and not a word from the MSM about covid. But if Trump has a thousand at the White House lawn it’s a “super spreader”? Lol!!!!

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2020, 11:00:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Do you agree that thousands can protest and not a word from the MSM about covid. But if Trump has a thousand at the White House lawn it’s a “super spreader”? Lol!!!!

We're talking about athletes protesting.. But I do agree everyone needs to wear a mask... I'm sure you don't wear one,,, right?

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2020, 11:08:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BLM leaders have said on video they are marxists. And that is a fact and anyone can look it up.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2020, 11:09:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We're talking about athletes protesting.. But I do agree everyone needs to wear a mask... I'm sure you don't wear one,,, right?

Actually I do sometimes. But not like the idiot robots that is driving by themselves or walking their dog in an open field all alone. Are you one of them?

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2020, 11:10:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We're talking about athletes protesting.. But I do agree everyone needs to wear a mask... I'm sure you don't wear one,,, right?

Oh so no answer!!!

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2020, 11:19:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Oh so no answer!!!

Thought you were through with replying to my post? LOL..  I'm living rent free in your head.. lol

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2020, 11:19:22 AM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2020, 11:23:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thought you were through with replying to my post? LOL..  I'm living rent free in your head.. lol

No just giving you the same response you gave me. Trust me, libs don’t live anywhere inside me. I’m an American!!!!!

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2020, 11:37:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• No just giving you the same response you gave me. Trust me, libs don’t live anywhere inside me. I’m an American!!!!!

LOL,,, so you say....

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2020, 11:55:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • LOL,,, so you say....

That is exactly what I say.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2020, 11:55:07 AM »