Author Topic: HD - Chuck talks with DD  (Read 3215 times)

Offline svherd

HD - Chuck talks with DD
« on: August 29, 2020, 09:41:17 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Talks with DD about the freshmen and how good they look. Seems like IB has a lot of work to do in taking off more weight. Sounds like he may not play much if he doesn’t.
    Says Goran and Marko are in better shape and looking good.
    I hope we can get in a full season - whenever it may start.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

HD - Chuck talks with DD
    « on: August 29, 2020, 09:41:17 AM »

Online DC01HERD

Re: HD - Chuck talks with DD
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 10:01:56 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Early is going to be a player. When was the last time we had a big physical guard.

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 10:07:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The quarantine apparently to its toll on IB.  I had said earlier he had really dropped the weight , he must have packed it back on and then some. I havent seen Early lately but he had slimmed down also.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 10:31:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is the perfect time for Bennett to try football.

Play this year - not lose year

Play (2) more years after

He’s missing his calling

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 11:18:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Early is going to be a player. When was the last time we had a big physical guard.

I’ve always said he was going to be a monster. He is a bigger version of John Taft imo. And IB? I would tell him he will not step foot on the floor until he reached at least 289. I hear he is still 330.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, ed swain

Offline svherd

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 11:28:00 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

• I’ve always said he was going to be a monster. He is a bigger version of John Taft imo. And IB? I would tell him he will not step foot on the floor until he reached at least 289. I hear he is still 330.

Sadly, I feel he and Rucker will never lose the weight needed and keep it off. I’d say he will see very little time anyway with Beyers, Obinna and Goran all showing much improvement. All are more mobile and quicker.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 11:40:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rucker play football too

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2020, 12:07:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sadly, I feel he and Rucker will never lose the weight needed and keep it off. I’d say he will see very little time anyway with Beyers, Obinna and Goran all showing much improvement. All are more mobile and quicker.

Obinna will fill out and become really really good. Goran has to get much tougher and play harder and he can be very good. Beyers offense I like but he can NOT play defense at the 5 spot against quality competition. I’m talking Top caliber teams if you go to the NCAA tournament or against a Kentucky this year. Bennett is plenty quick at 280. We saw how he was coming along at 298 and then he went back up to 320 during the second half of last season. At 280 he would be a force. But truthfully, I don’t think he has what he needs to get there. Imo he should sit the bench until he can reach 289 if it was me.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2020, 06:31:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The quarantine apparently to its toll on IB.  I had said earlier he had really dropped the weight , he must have packed it back on and then some. I havent seen Early lately but he had slimmed down also.
    The lack of pool access really hurt Iran. He used that as a great tool in losing his weight last year
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline coalherd

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 06:49:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only concern I had was when the article indicated that Marko has dropped his weight from 210 to 195.  Folks, 210 pounds is NOT a lot of weight for a 6'7" frame!  195# is pretty slim, IMO.  Obviously Marko isn't going to play a "power" forward position, cause he'd  get knocked around inside like the proverbial 98# weakling!  Now on the outside and in a mid range game offensively is another story.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 06:50:29 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • Pool had nothing to do with diet...don’t blame lack of pool on why someone gained 40 pounds...that is discipline.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 06:52:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only concern I had was when the article indicated that Marko has dropped his weight from 210 to 195.  Folks, 210 pounds is NOT a lot of weight for a 6'7" frame!  195# is pretty slim, IMO.  Obviously Marko isn't going to play a "power" forward position, cause he'd  get knocked around inside like the proverbial 98# weakling!  Now on the outside and in a mid range game offensively is another story.

Herdmeister can speak to that. But that is where Danny wants him and really happy with how he is playing now.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 06:52:07 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2020, 06:59:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herdmeister can speak to that. But that is where Danny wants him and really happy with how he is playing now.

What I sort of figured.  Danny either wants him at the "small" forward or perhaps at times playing even as a "big" guard in some situations.  Not really at the size, strength level to be an inside banger, power type player.
    « Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 05:03:03 PM by coalherd »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2020, 08:38:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What I sort of figured.  Danny either wants him at the "small" forward or perhaps at times playing even as a "big" guard in some situations.  Not really at the size, strength level to be an inside banker, power type player.
    Correct. Danny  loves his ball handling skills. Though we didn't get to see much last year in games, he is a tremendous passer. Many very impressive no look passes in practice. Small forward or big guard is actually what he was recruited to be
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, whf

Offline whf

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2020, 11:19:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Correct. Danny  loves his ball handling skills. Though we didn't get to see much last year in games, he is a tremendous passer. Many very impressive no look passes in practice. Small forward or big guard is actually what he was recruited to be
    I love his tenaciousness, just love to watch him play; so hard, and so visually sorry when he makes a mistake; that may need to disappear.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2020, 11:26:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Wrong. Quarantine is an excuse. IB gained weight DURING season.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2020, 11:30:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wrong. Quarantine is an excuse. IB gained weight DURING season.

I have to agree with this. IB has got to dedicate himself 100% or he is wasting a great opportunity imo.  I really hope he can do it but I’m starting to wonder.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline whf

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2020, 11:44:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not too worried about IB, don't think he had any chance of going further and it may be time for him to find his True North in life; which may not include basketball.  Every sport requires some kind of minimal "thing", usually the ability to run, be agile, and respond/react to others movements.  At a certain point, if one's body can't keep up with a sports requirement, they're best to move on and find another outlet they love.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 12:00:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not too worried about IB, don't think he had any chance of going further and it may be time for him to find his True North in life; which may not include basketball.  Every sport requires some kind of minimal "thing", usually the ability to run, be agile, and respond/react to others movements.  At a certain point, if one's body can't keep up with a sports requirement, they're best to move on and find another outlet they love.

When he was at 298 he was by far our best defender inside. He was the only guy that used his feet to keep his man in front of him. Actually IB for his size had quick feet. But he still has to get into the 280’s to see his full potential. Personally I’m not counting on it and am not counting on him at all. If he does it will just be icing on the cake.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 12:48:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love his tenaciousness, just love to watch him play; so hard, and so visually sorry when he makes a mistake; that may need to disappear.
    I got to know both he and Goran better during the shutdown. Both are very humble young men that want to make us all proud of them
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #20 on: August 30, 2020, 01:41:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am feeling great about BBall after reading DD’s comments

Hope Obinna steps up and takes the “5”

Taylor
    West
    Kinsey
    Williams
    Obinna

Beyers
    Goran
    Early
    George
    Sarenac
    Iran
    Dillon
    Rucker
    Collins

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, pembrook burrows III, herdorbust

Offline pembrook burrows III

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe Sarenac's dropping of 15 pounds will help with his lateral movement. He had trouble staying in front of small forwards and guards on defense. If Danny wants him at the 2 or 3, he has to be able to guard that.
    « Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 08:39:27 PM by pembrook burrows III »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, SouthernHerd, parshall2marshall, svherd, coalherd, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »

Online elginherd

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2020, 07:55:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• When he was at 298 he was by far our best defender inside. He was the only guy that used his feet to keep his man in front of him. Actually IB for his size had quick feet. But he still has to get into the 280’s to see his full potential. Personally I’m not counting on it and am not counting on him at all. If he does it will just be icing on the cake.

That is so true. And he has good instincts as far as help D also.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline Kwherd

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2020, 08:47:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • So IB might not play? Seems like someone tried to get that point across last year.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2020, 11:48:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So IB might not play? Seems like someone tried to get that point across last year.
    At no time has Danny said Iran wont play.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2020, 11:48:39 AM »