Author Topic: Stadium Rules  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Stadium Rules
« on: August 29, 2020, 06:13:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have seen posts where people are saying once inside the stadium next week they will remove their masks.
    You had better rethink that idea. Per this story on Herdzone you my be asked to leave if seen without a mask on at all times.

https://herdzone.com/news/2020/8/25/need-to-know-details-for-marshall-home-football-games-this-season.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1EE4FV2hSw4eWvWOvnplbymz3edZESfW3doW2arx-XrgRdK1HIoOAMylE
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

Stadium Rules
    « on: August 29, 2020, 06:13:43 PM »

Offline ed swain

Re: Stadium Rules
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 06:54:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]3
  • I hope they do not enforce the law as they don ‘t  enforce it for rioters and llotters.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 08:34:52 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • I hope they do not enforce the law as they don ‘t  enforce it for rioters and llotters.
    marshal security isn't responsible for rioters and looters.  it's another "they"
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 09:28:07 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope scuffles in the stands between people not adhering to the rules and security do not become the story on ESPN instead of the game.  Just like anti-maskers tell people to stay home if they are scared, do not go into the game if you do not want to wear a mask.  The rules to attend have been very clearly outlined.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

The following users thanked this post: luvherd, scherd, Stripeshrt, svherd, Herdmeister, wasbarryb

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 09:45:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • I will guarantee a lot will do exactly that. Just as they do at Walmart, etc.

If they are strict about enforcing we might get a viral video or two out of it.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 09:50:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On Twitter, the Marshall Athletics Ticket Office said there will be beer sales in the stadium. If that's the case I assume the mask rule will be like that of a restaurant.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, whf

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 10:05:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope scuffles in the stands between people not adhering to the rules and security do not become the story on ESPN instead of the game.  Just like anti-maskers tell people to stay home if they are scared, do not go into the game if you do not want to wear a mask.  The rules to attend have been very clearly outlined.
    Personally I'm not pro mask, however when I am in a place that requires one I wear it. If I were going Saturday I would wear the mask. I do my best at all times to obey and follow the rules/laws
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline whf

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 11:17:13 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Personally I'm not pro mask, however when I am in a place that requires one I wear it. If I were going Saturday I would wear the mask. I do my best at all times to obey and follow the rules/laws
    Same here, hate them and take mine off every time i cross the door line of a store, etc.; but I do wear in inside, not because I have to, but because it seems to make the majority of my fellow humans more comfortable.  Small price to pay, expect when I'm having trouble breathing through the darn thing.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, The E-Man

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 11:30:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]4
  • Big difference in a private business requiring one and a public institution requiring one. I pay taxes and shouldn't be forced to wear a mask over a politicized virus.

CDC just quietly updated their numbers. Less than 6% of the deaths have been a direct cause of COVID. That's less than 10k total deaths. Even one death is too many, but this is NOT a pandemic or anything to worry about in the grand scheme of things.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2020, 11:34:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wear one when I have to and as soon as I hit fresh air it’s off. I just am at a loss for words when I see someone driving alone with their window down wearing a mask. Either they have no clue or they just love wearing them lol.

The following users thanked this post: whf

Offline Big City

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2020, 11:39:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On Twitter, the Marshall Athletics Ticket Office said there will be beer sales in the stadium. If that's the case I assume the mask rule will be like that of a restaurant.

I would make a similar assumption and when seated remove my mask. If I need to run to the restroom etc I’d put my mask back on. There’s something to be said about wearing or not wearing a mask in an open air setting like a football stadium especially with fans appropriately spaced out.

As fans people need to go in to it realizing there are going to be those that don’t comply for whatever reason and we all need to maintain calm and cool. Blowing up and causing a scene isn’t a good look.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdorbust

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020, 12:03:14 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • Big difference in a private business requiring one and a public institution requiring one. I pay taxes and shouldn't be forced to wear a mask over a politicized virus.

CDC just quietly updated their numbers. Less than 6% of the deaths have been a direct cause of COVID. That's less than 10k total deaths. Even one death is too many, but this is NOT a pandemic or anything to worry about in the grand scheme of things.

I saw that. Wonder if the MSM will report it? Yes something like 11,000 instead of 187,000 have died from covid directly. Let that sink in.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020, 12:03:14 PM »

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 12:24:02 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]1

• I saw that. Wonder if the MSM will report it? Yes something like 11,000 instead of 187,000 have died from covid directly. Let that sink in.

I've had two friends lose their parents to Covid and a friend who nearly died from it.  I'm sure they will be comforted by your observation.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2020, 12:40:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • I've had two friends lose their parents to Covid and a friend who nearly died from it.  I'm sure they will be comforted by your observation.

Have people died from the flu? I never said it isn’t real but even the CDC admits the numbers are now way off. They have been caught many times putting covid on death certificates that wasn’t covid or wasn’t the main reason they passed. Why can you not understand there has been people died from covid but the numbers have also been inflated? Both can be true in the real world. Geeze!!!!

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, herdfan129

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2020, 12:41:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I saw that. Wonder if the MSM will report it? Yes something like 11,000 instead of 187,000 have died from covid directly. Let that sink in.
    Apparently, unfortunately that report is wrong. I just went to the CDC website and as of yesterday they are still reporting the larger number
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline herd2win

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2020, 12:41:31 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]2
  • I've had two friends lose their parents to Covid and a friend who nearly died from it.  I'm sure they will be comforted by your observation.

I have had over 20 close friends have covid from age 18 to almost 60..all have gotten over covid with no long term issues and zero hospitalization.  There are exceptions but the huge majority of the population are not affected by covid.

Most that have died would have died soon anyway because of their health.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, ed swain, horsrman, herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2020, 12:44:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I have had over 20 close friends have covid from age 18 to almost 60..all have gotten over covid with no long term issues and zero hospitalization.  There are exceptions but the huge majority of the population are not affected by covid.

Most that have died would have died soon anyway because of their health.
    As I have written before, I am nearly 72 and I dont personally know of anyone that has tested positive
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, herdorbust

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2020, 12:55:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apparently, unfortunately that report is wrong. I just went to the CDC website and as of yesterday they are still reporting the larger number

We still know it’s hyped. I’ve heard that from family’s first hand.

Offline HerdFanJ

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 12:56:22 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think this is what is being referred to...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 01:00:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As I have written before, I am nearly 72 and I dont personally know of anyone that has tested positive

Actually I just found it on their website under comorbitities. It is there.

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2020, 01:03:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just went to a wrestling event, yes the Hulkamania kind, and it was a safe environment with everyone being respectful. I can assume what I experienced should be how most arenas handle things. Spaced out at 10% capacity, temp check on the way in, and masks required. Nobody fought over masks, nobody moved seats and nobody gave you a hard time about taking the mask down to eat and drink. If you weren't eating or drinking but had your mask off for an extended time, security would politely ask you to put it back on. Bathrooms had attendants to maintain space in the restrooms and concessions were contactless. In my opinion there's no reason we can't attend outdoor venues if precautions are taken.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #21 on: August 30, 2020, 01:48:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have people died from the flu?

I don't think I have personally ever know anyone who has died from the flu.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2020, 01:48:59 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2020, 02:07:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think I have personally ever know anyone who has died from the flu.

Then look it up. Since you like to take CDC numbers to the bank.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2020, 02:10:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think I have personally ever know anyone who has died from the flu.

In 17-18 season there were 61,000 died from the flu and 45 million cases in the USA. Yes 45 MILLION not 6 million like covid. And the CDC is now saying just 10,000 deaths directly related to covid. Hmmm!!!!

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I guess I don’t see what the big deal is about wearing a mask?. Whether Covid is as severe as originally thought or if it’s not as severe (thank God) it shouldn’t matter. The rules for attending the football clearly state to wear a mask the whole time, so why try to break them and cause problems? If you feel like you can’t make it through the game wearing one then you should probably stay home and watch it on ESPN.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, lexkyherdfan, Stripeshrt, wesnky, wasbarryb, horsrman, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »