Author Topic: Stadium Rules  (Read 2420 times)

Online ThunderingHerdFan

Re: Stadium Rules
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 03:17:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Big difference in a private business requiring one and a public institution requiring one. I pay taxes and shouldn't be forced to wear a mask over a politicized virus.

The hole in your argument is that you’re not forced to go to a game.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 03:17:29 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2020, 03:26:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would rather watch on ESPN anyway. Save money and won’t have to leave at halftime if I get bored. But hopefully we roll this bad 1AA team.

Offline MUHERD1

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • I've had two friends lose their parents to Covid and a friend who nearly died from it.  I'm sure they will be comforted by your observation.

I would hope one wouldn't form their view on something like this from personal experiences.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline coalherd

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2020, 05:37:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wear one when I have to and as soon as I hit fresh air it’s off. I just am at a loss for words when I see someone driving alone with their window down wearing a mask. Either they have no clue or they just love wearing them lol.

Or a possible third alternative, herdorbust:  could be that they are on their way to another "peaceful" demonstration somewhere and just don't want to be recognized!!  ;)

Offline coalherd

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2020, 05:53:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I guess I don’t see what the big deal is about wearing a mask?. Whether Covid is as severe as originally thought or if it’s not as severe (thank God) it shouldn’t matter. The rules for attending the football clearly state to wear a mask the whole time, so why try to break them and cause problems? If you feel like you can’t make it through the game wearing one then you should probably stay home and watch it on ESPN.

Yes, seriously I think the way MU has planned the seating at the JOAN with proper social distancing in mind that there should be little problem if one wears their mask and proper social distancing is maintained in concession lines, etc.  Feel a lot safer in an outdoor venue like the Joan even if the crowd is in the 10,000-12,000 range.

From every thing I read, an indoor environment and perhaps problems in maintaining social distancing consistently are major concerns.  See, for example, West Virginia's problems with deaths in several indoor facilities like the nursing homes and recently in a correctional facility.  In my mind, I see more concern being at an indoor athletic event, like basketball at the CAM, even if the crowd is a lot smaller, perhaps 3,000 or thereabouts, than the expected crowds at the JOAN.  Hopefully, an effective vaccine will be forthcoming this winter which will allow some college basketball, with crowds, during the 20-21 season.  Of course, the main problem then will no doubt a logistical one of getting such vaccine distributed to the general population, 300,000,000 plus in the U.S.!

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2020, 06:55:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apparently, unfortunately that report is wrong. I just went to the CDC website and as of yesterday they are still reporting the larger number

Scroll about halfway down. It's under table 2. COVID was the main cause of death for only 6% of reported deaths. #Facts

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdorbust

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2020, 06:58:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I guess I don’t see what the big deal is about wearing a mask?. Whether Covid is as severe as originally thought or if it’s not as severe (thank God) it shouldn’t matter. The rules for attending the football clearly state to wear a mask the whole time, so why try to break them and cause problems? If you feel like you can’t make it through the game wearing one then you should probably stay home and watch it on ESPN.

Because we are a public institution using public tax dollars in a public facility. I can't believe all the sheep in this country. It's truly mind blowing.

I'm sick of the media and liberals blowing this out of proportion because they hate Trump. Over 60k people die every year from flu. Only around 10k people have died from COVID.
    « Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 07:00:15 PM by herdfan129 »

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Scroll about halfway down. It's under table 2. COVID was the main cause of death for only 6% of reported deaths. #Facts

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm
    As hard as I try, I can't figure it out. I just want to see somewhere that only 11000 people died of the virus
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2020, 07:45:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]6
  • The popular 6% stat you guys are throwing around has been debunked as a completely baseless, 100% false made-up QAnon conspiracy theory.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/politics/twitter-coronavirus-deaths-false-claim-qanon-trump/index.html

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2020, 08:10:57 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • The popular 6% stat you guys are throwing around has been debunked as a completely baseless, 100% false made-up QAnon conspiracy theory.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/politics/twitter-coronavirus-deaths-false-claim-qanon-trump/index.html

Good Lord man just go straight to the CDC website. Or you can believe CNN lol!!!

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, parshall2marshall, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2020, 08:19:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2020, 09:26:35 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1

So the CDC is now part of Q?

I've heard it all lol

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2020, 09:26:35 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2020, 09:28:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So the CDC is now part of Q?

I've heard it all lol

Yes isn’t it amazing. Q took over their website and WOWK at the same time. But we know CNN wouldn’t try and cover it up.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, svherd

Online svherd

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2020, 09:41:47 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • I’ve know several people who have had it. The healthy ones had no issues at all. Those with underlying conditions or in poor health had a rough go of it. The local Huntington economy is being wrecked, business’s going out left and right. The emotional toll and financial burden  on these people is more severe than the virus likely would have been.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2020, 09:47:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I’ve know several people who have had it. The healthy ones had no issues at all. Those with underlying conditions or in poor health had a rough go of it. The local Huntington economy is being wrecked, business’s going out left and right. The emotional toll and financial burden  on these people is more severe than the virus likely would have been.

Yep

Offline herd2win

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2020, 07:59:05 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • You can go to several sites and see that only 6% of the deaths were covid only related.  It also states that the other deaths had on average 2.6 other illnesses that were the main factors in the deaths.  That equates to only about 11000 deaths directly related to covid which is such a minute percent not even worth mentioning...it is .00003 percent of the US population.

Offline herdloyal

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2020, 08:01:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Evidence coming very soon in public trials under the Nuremberg Codes in the Common Law Courts Great Britain and International!

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2020, 08:04:11 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

you are so worried about conspiracy theorist you have become one.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #43 on: August 31, 2020, 08:29:15 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • We would have been through the worst of this a long time ago if Americans were not children.

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2020, 09:50:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Sorry, I should have been more clear that the conspiracy theory part of the story was how the QAnon member (who the president retweeted) framed the information and also how they claimed the CDC was trying to cover something up when in fact they were doing nothing out of the ordinary.

That person also claimed that only 6% "actually died" from COVID which is entirely misleading. The CDC said 6% had COVID as the only reason of death listed, and that's a very different thing. Obviously it affects people with underlying conditions more, but that doesn't mean COVID wasn't the primary contributing cause to the death of the other 94%. Those people with underlying conditions still could have been expected to live in many cases for decades longer.

Nobody technically dies directly from HIV/AIDS. It just breaks down your immune system to where something else kills you. But you'd be silly to say that person died because of whatever finally finished them off instead of AIDS.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2020, 10:21:37 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry, I should have been more clear that the conspiracy theory part of the story was how the QAnon member (who the president retweeted) framed the information and also how they claimed the CDC was trying to cover something up when in fact they were doing nothing out of the ordinary.

That person also claimed that only 6% "actually died" from COVID which is entirely misleading. The CDC said 6% had COVID as the only reason of death listed, and that's a very different thing. Obviously it affects people with underlying conditions more, but that doesn't mean COVID wasn't the primary contributing cause to the death of the other 94%. Those people with underlying conditions still could have been expected to live in many cases for decades longer.

Nobody technically dies directly from HIV/AIDS. It just breaks down your immune system to where something else kills you. But you'd be silly to say that person died because of whatever finally finished them off instead of AIDS.

we understand exactly what the poster correctly said as he referenced the CDC.  go back to CNN and soak it in. 
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, svherd, herdorbust

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2020, 10:25:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • we understand exactly what the poster correctly said as he referenced the CDC.  go back to CNN and soak it in.

Judging by what people were posting, they don't understand what the CDC was saying.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2020, 10:25:11 AM »

Offline herd2win

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2020, 10:38:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It just confirms what many have said.  There was never a reason to shut things down for so long.  If you were an at risk person take the necessary precautions.  The rest of the population did not need to go into this I am going to die scare tactics that were being said by most news sources.

There is risk in everything around us, just assess and do what is right for you.  Again, the people that died had an average of 2.6 other major illnesses wrong with them.  Many of them would have passed by now without covid.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdfan129

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2020, 10:57:23 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]2
  • It just confirms what many have said.  There was never a reason to shut things down for so long.  If you were an at risk person take the necessary precautions.  The rest of the population did not need to go into this I am going to die scare tactics that were being said by most news sources.

There is risk in everything around us, just assess and do what is right for you.  Again, the people that died had an average of 2.6 other major illnesses wrong with them.  Many of them would have passed by now without covid.

Well, that's not remotely true unless by "many" you mean "a few".  And, recall, that high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity are under the listing of "other major illnesses" which, I'm guessing, one or more of which most of us on this board have.  Anecdotally, I've personally seen a healthy 55 year old have to stay 5 days in ICU before turning the corner and recovering, and another 28 year old former college athlete who almost died and was in ICU for 30 days b/c of this virus.  The Broadway star that just died (Nick Cordero) was a completely healthy 41 year old. 

We still don't know the long-term affects of COVID on recovered adults, but it looks more and more like it can do permanent lung or heart damage.

My wife and I are healthy 60 year olds, but we take precautions - we don't go to restaurants other than to eat outside.  We wear masks and social distance from everyone.  We don't attend large gatherings like weddings or, even, church unless its a small gathering.  Until a vaccine is available, we'll continue to do that -- for our safety AND THE SAFETY OF PEOPLE WITH WHICH WE COME IN CONTACT.  And that last sentence is the thing - someone that doesn't want to - and doesn't - wear a mask in public is disrespecting me and everyone that he/she comes in contact with.  I don't get the selfishness and chutzpah of that person, and - honestly - it tells me all I need to know about that person's character.

Wear your mask this Saturday.  Take it off to drink a cold one, then put it right back on. Don't tailgate, even on private property.  Do the right thing and we may get to have a full season this year. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, The E-Man, gochneaur645

Offline Marshall2004

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • 6% of Covid deaths had no comorbidity conditions.  This is supposed to show what exactly?  40% of adult Americans are obese.  Near 50% of adult Americans have high blood pressure.  Circulatory problems, renal problems, generalized respiratory problems, asthma, on and on and on.  All of these are comorbidities that would be outside of this 6%.  Walk around your local grocery store and ask yourself how many adults that you see are not overweight, have breathing problems, high cholesterol, diabetes, early stage heart disease, or asthma.  Damn near the whole population has some comorbidity.  This argument people are making about the 6% would hold some weight if having a comorbidity were the exception, but it is not.  It is the rule.  I am what everyone would call a healthy man in my late 30s.  I look to be in reasonably good shape.  I exercise.  I coach my kids in sports.  I have every expectation of living a long time.  But if I were to die of Covid, I would be listed as having a comorbidity because I have early stage high blood pressure (that I control with exercise) and asthma (for which I use a daily inhaled steroid).  That would put me in the 94% category and thus "oh well" apparently. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »