Author Topic: Stadium Rules  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Big City

Re: Stadium Rules
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2020, 02:04:33 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please note I have split the topic and moved some of the off topic content to the Tavern board.

I understand it is challenging at times but lets please stay on topic and not journey far off in the weeds and not use insults, name calling etc.

Thanks for your support!
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 02:16:26 PM by Big City »
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96, The E-Man, GreenDaddy, JReese

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2020, 02:04:33 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2020, 02:09:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Judging by what people were posting, they don't understand what the CDC was saying.

Agree you have no idea!!!

The following users thanked this post: forphase1

Offline mckayt

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2020, 10:08:56 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]1
  • It's interesting how some are eager to quote CDC when they think it fits their narrative but denounce CDC when it recommends we wear a mask to protect ourselves from each other.  It's a simple act of kindness and respect for your fellow brothers and sisters.  Put your mask on, go to the game, and have fun.  Go Herd! 

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, The E-Man

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2020, 11:49:24 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's interesting how some are eager to quote CDC when they think it fits their narrative but denounce CDC when it recommends we wear a mask to protect ourselves from each other.  It's a simple act of kindness and respect for your fellow brothers and sisters.  Put your mask on, go to the game, and have fun.  Go Herd!

It's also a simple act of kindness and respect to leave the rest of us alone. If you want to wear a mask I don't care. I do care when you try to force your views on to me. If masks work then it shouldn't matter if I have one on.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, Taft#1, herdorbust

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2020, 10:09:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's also a simple act of kindness and respect to leave the rest of us alone. If you want to wear a mask I don't care. I do care when you try to force your views on to me. If masks work then it shouldn't matter if I have one on.

YES IT DOES. Your not wearing a mask puts ME at risk.

"Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, HaveUherd

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2020, 10:52:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’ve been told by my doctor(s). It takes herd immunity...
    I’ve as well been told marshallmark as you said, masks are for our fellow countrymen...or country persons...whatever is correct today...😁
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 10:56:35 AM by carolinaherdfan »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2020, 11:02:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • YES IT DOES. Your not wearing a mask puts ME at risk.

Then according to that graph wouldn’t it be better for you to just stay home? Some people may say, even wearing a mask you are putting them at risk, more than if you just stayed home. Why not cut all risks out? Why pick and choose? Is a game that important?

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdfan129

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2020, 11:08:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Then according to that graph wouldn’t it be better for you to just stay home? Some people may say, even wearing a mask you are putting them at risk, more than if you just stayed home. Why not cut all risks out? Why pick and choose? Is a game that important?

I am not advocating shutting down our economy, or cloistering in place. I don't stay at home just b/c I have a chance of having a car accident on my way to the game.  Same thing here - I'm 'risking' my health by going to the game, but I sure as heck will do what I reasonably can to protect myself and sure as heck expect others to do the same for their benefit and mine.  Just wear the freaking mask.  Its one year, 6 games, about 20 hours.  I think anyone can do that.   

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, The E-Man

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’ve as well been told by the same doctors as referenced above that being outdoors with physical distancing there is absolutely no reason to be in fear of this virus...

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not advocating shutting down our economy, or cloistering in place. I don't stay at home just b/c I have a chance of having a car accident on my way to the game.  Same thing here - I'm 'risking' my health by going to the game, but I sure as heck will do what I reasonably can to protect myself and sure as heck expect others to do the same for their benefit and mine.  Just wear the freaking mask.  Its one year, 6 games, about 20 hours.  I think anyone can do that.

What about next year even if covid is gone? Do we forget the 50000 that die from the flu? Why can’t we wear masks forever since it would be taking less risks because there are other virus out there including the flu. Wouldn’t that help? Why not get more serious about the flu? I’m just trying to get some consistency here.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdfan129

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2020, 11:26:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• What about next year even if covid is gone? Do we forget the 50000 that die from the flu? Why can’t we wear masks forever since it would be taking less risks because there are other virus out there including the flu. Wouldn’t that help? Why not get more serious about the flu? I’m just trying to get some consistency here.

Dear Lord, its not the same thing.  The flu isn't remotely as lethal or spreadable as COVID.  You're offering a classic red herring argument.

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, HaveUherd

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’ve been told by my doctor(s). It takes herd immunity...
    I’ve as well been told marshallmark as you said, masks are for our fellow countrymen...or country persons...whatever is correct today...😁

Shouldn't that be, Thundering Herd immunity? lol.. If Everyone wore a mask for 3 weeks, we could flatten this virus.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2020, 11:44:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dear Lord, its not the same thing.  The flu isn't remotely as lethal or spreadable as COVID.  You're offering a classic red herring argument.

I didn’t say it was. But what is the death toll have to be? The flu is very contagious and imo more contagious. Usually around 30 million cases. All I’m saying is if masks work, why not wear them during flu season? What if we could go from 30 million down to 15 million cases? And instead of 50,000 deaths a year we could knock it down to to 10, 000 a year. I’m just trying to find out how many has to die before we say enough? Is there a certain amount that says “it matters now”?

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2020, 11:45:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We had a 25 year old male die here yesterday from ‘Covid only’ who had been an employee of Top Golf...it can happen...but I keep going and am out everyday...if you have ‘any’ underling issue and become infected it can can be a death sentence...

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2020, 11:45:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Dear Lord, its not the same thing.  The flu isn't remotely as lethal or spreadable as COVID.  You're offering a classic red herring argument.

Talking to Bust is like talking to a wall. I have a solution for all who don't think Covid-19 is no big deal, why not volunteer to catch the virus so we could speed up herd immunity..Sounds crazy huh? lol

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, wasbarryb

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2020, 11:47:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shouldn't that be, Thundering Herd immunity? lol.. If Everyone wore a mask for 3 weeks, we could flatten this virus.

😁 yes, let’s change this to Thundering Herd immunity!👍

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We had a 25 year old male die here yesterday from ‘Covid only’ who had been an employee of Top Golf...it can happen...but I keep going and am out everyday...if you have ‘any’ underling issue and become infected it can can be a death sentence...

For the people who are healthy and who have contracted the virus, some are now having very serious after affects from Covid-19. A lot are suffering from breathing, heart, neuro, related problems from the virus...

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2020, 11:52:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The lady who has cut my hair for 20 years has a 23 year old daughter; the fellow her daughter dates came down with this virus. Roughly the same age. He didn’t die, but became severely ill for several weeks...

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Talking to Bust is like talking to a wall. I have a solution for all who don't think Covid-19 is no big deal, why not volunteer to catch the virus so we could speed up herd immunity..Sounds crazy huh? lol

Just hope he's not in Section 109.  lol

- E-Man

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2020, 12:16:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Talking to Bust is like talking to a wall. I have a solution for all who don't think Covid-19 is no big deal, why not volunteer to catch the virus so we could speed up herd immunity..Sounds crazy huh? lol

Do you think it’s right to destroy business’s making them shut their doors? Unreal!!! Some of you will follow right into the boxcars someday!!! Stay freaking home if you are scared and it’s that simple. Wear your mask if you want. But you want to go to a football game when you say we are having this deadly plague like the world has never seen before? If it’s that deadly and you think it’s so contagious why go to a football game when your life is “on the line”???? UNfreaking real!!!! You shut down business and destroy people’s way of supporting their families because it’s so “bad” but put your daisy masks on and go to a football game. Makes a lot of sense!!!

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2020, 12:22:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Do you think it’s right to destroy business’s making them shut their doors? Unreal!!! Some of you will follow right into the boxcars someday!!! Stay freaking home if you are scared and it’s that simple. Wear your mask if you want. But you want to go to a football game when you say we are having this deadly plague like the world has never seen before? If it’s that deadly and you think it’s so contagious why go to a football game when your life is “on the line”???? UNfreaking real!!!! You shut down business and destroy people’s way of supporting their families because it’s so “bad” but put your daisy masks on and go to a football game. Makes a lot of sense!!!

So, I take it you won't be at a MU game this fall b/c masks are mandated?  Or go to Wal-Mart, etc.?

- E-Man

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2020, 12:37:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]3
  • Shouldn't that be, Thundering Herd immunity? lol.. If Everyone wore a mask for 3 weeks, we could flatten this virus.

Herd immunity is a myth. You can get more than once.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2020, 12:37:40 PM »

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2020, 12:42:44 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd immunity is a myth. You can get more than once.

There are exactly TWO verified cases of multiple infection - one in Hong Kong and one in the US.  Both had extremely mild second illnesses which implies that, even if you can get it twice, the anti-bodies make the effect less severe. 

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline herd2win

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2020, 12:43:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The problem with all of this is that we really do not know.  As stated in other threads I personally know 21 people who have had covid and none were hospitalized or had any lingering effects.  Ages were 18 to almost 60.  They came out last week and said the gators are worse than no mask at all because it breaks up the particles and spreads them faster.  Half the country was wearing gators because we were told by the CDC they worked.

The truth won’t be known for some time but there is risk in everything and the CDC stats show that only 6% of the deaths were covid only and the rest had underlying illnesses.  The down side to all of this is way worse than shuttering the economy and keeping children out of the classroom.  Most other countries are already back to school full time.  Our teacher unions are keeping that from happening..take their pay away and see how fast they get back in the classroom

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdorbust

Offline JReese

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2020, 12:49:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry, but it's this simple to me. If a pair of jeans and underwear will not stop a fart, then a non-medical grade mask will not stop any virus.  That being said, I will wear a mask anywhere it's mandated. Like a previous poster said, I will wear a mask going into the stadium this Saturday and to the restroom, but I will not wear it when I'm in my seat.
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 12:58:42 PM by JReese »
    All I have ever truly wanted to be was a great dad.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdorbust, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2020, 12:49:05 PM »