Author Topic: Let's check in on our friends at ODU football...  (Read 998 times)

Offline billybob

Re: Let's check in on our friends at ODU football...
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2020, 10:51:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If it happens that would be great but I am not holding my breath. If CUSA could possibly screw it up they will.

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2020, 10:51:00 PM »

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2020, 11:07:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If it happens that would be great but I am not holding my breath. If CUSA could possibly screw it up they will.

Sorry but I’m still not following. I’m guessing you can’t go into great detail, but what kind of changes are you alluding to? A CUSA-E break away? A Sun Belt/CUSA merger? Any of those 2 close?

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96, herdfan129

Offline elginherd

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2020, 11:57:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have business ties in the construction industry in hampton roads. A number of these contacts are donors within the program. As it was explained to me - they cancelled the seasons for the reasons mentioned above. The other justification was that they would save considerable money not having a season for non-revenue sports. The thought is that when they do resume sports the conference would look very different than it does now. That difference would be a more geographical bases league. So, in a lot of ways it makes a ton of sense what they have done. It is short term pain for long term gain.

Thanks for the perspective!
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2020, 11:57:04 AM »