Author Topic: Article on Why Big 10 Isn’t Playing: COVID and Heart  (Read 164 times)

Online Thundering In MD

Article on Why Big 10 Isn’t Playing: COVID and Heart
« on: September 04, 2020, 08:30:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    During a State College Area school board of directors meeting on Monday night, Wayne Sebastianelli — Penn State’s director of athletic medicine — made some alarming comments about the link between COVID-19 and myocarditis, particularly in Big Ten athletes. Sebastianelli said that cardiac MRI scans revealed that approximately a third of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 appeared to have myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle that can be fatal if left unchecked.

Read more here: https://www.centredaily.com/article245448050.html#storylink=cpy

« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 08:33:07 AM by Thundering In MD »
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

HerdFans.com

Article on Why Big 10 Isn’t Playing: COVID and Heart
    « on: September 04, 2020, 08:30:51 AM »

Offline The E-Man

Re: Article on Why Big 10 Isn’t Playing: COVID and Heart
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 11:34:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I seen numerous of articles concerning Covid-19 and it's after affects. Apparently, the virus causes blood vessels to expand. This is a very difficult time for many AD's to play or not to play. Seems like the Big-10 is being extra careful, because you have a lot conferences that are playing this season.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 11:39:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BTW, I lost my best friend in the world to myocarditis inflammation of the heart muscle at the age of 26. He didn't do drugs and was in great shape. Apparently, according to doctors a lot of young athletes have some type of heart condition and not even know it..

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, parshall2marshall

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 12:13:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry to hear about your friend. 
    I believe the Big10 is having a vote today about playing football. I would look for them to be on the field very soon.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, The E-Man, herdorbust

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 01:32:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BTW, I lost my best friend in the world to myocarditis inflammation of the heart muscle at the age of 26. He didn't do drugs and was in great shape. Apparently, according to doctors a lot of young athletes have some type of heart condition and not even know it..

We have known viruses have affected the heart for a long time.  The study that the big 10 used looked at cardiac mri which by itself isn’t really enough to diagnosis myocarditis. It’s one of many tests used. They have released no data about their study so it’s hard to make a generalized statement about how accurate its findings are

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 04:22:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like hes changing his mind

https://bit.ly/2QVj7fs

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 04:22:56 PM »