Author Topic: Pound the Ground Game  (Read 379 times)

Offline herd1986

Pound the Ground Game
« on: September 04, 2020, 10:43:43 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • What are the odds of conservative Doc spending most of the game trying to get the ground game started with Knox rather than getting our new quarterback passing experience against an FCS team?  Perfect recipe for boring Doc ball.  It will be another 10 years before ESPN features us if DOC is his usual boring one touchdown win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: ThunderValley

HerdFans.com

Pound the Ground Game
    « on: September 04, 2020, 10:43:43 PM »

Offline gochneaur645

Re: Pound the Ground Game
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 12:45:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm no Doc fan, but in his defense, he's curbstomped FCS opponents. I think EKU was by far the closest 2 years ago at 32-16.

We probably will try to get the ground game started with Knox, but if we can't do that easily, it's gonna be a long season. Or at least as long as a 2020 season can be, lol.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 07:28:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm no Doc fan, but in his defense, he's curbstomped FCS opponents. I think EKU was by far the closest 2 years ago at 32-16.

We probably will try to get the ground game started with Knox, but if we can't do that easily, it's gonna be a long season. Or at least as long as a 2020 season can be, lol.

Mainly because FCS is a shell of what 1AA used to be. All the really good teams have moved up except maybe ND st. Just like EKU isn’t even close to what they once were under Roy Kidd back in the day. We should kill these guys today by at least 5-6 TD’s even with a WB that has never thrown a pass.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 07:57:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Love to see Knox over 200 yards and then let someone else play so he does not get injured.  Be awesome to have a 1500 yard season with only 10 games.

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen

Offline Big City

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 09:34:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you have a ground game- the line and RBs to control the game- absolutely. Control the clock, rack up yardage and put points on the board. This is the best way to break an opponents will.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 10:03:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Run game and ol are the only parts of our team right now that we know have depth and are pretty good.  I do not think Knox should be overloaded today.  Use the rb depth chart today.  Gaines can run as well.  I'd keep Wells healthy and Knox.  Hopefully we get to see a Arak McDuffie play.  I heard a year ago he was one of the best players in practice.  At 280lbs not sure why he's not playing.

Offline Big City

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 10:54:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Run game and ol are the only parts of our team right now that we know have depth and are pretty good.  I do not think Knox should be overloaded today.  Use the rb depth chart today.  Gaines can run as well.  I'd keep Wells healthy and Knox.  Hopefully we get to see a Arak McDuffie play.  I heard a year ago he was one of the best players in practice.  At 280lbs not sure why he's not playing.

Agree with you re: Knox. Great opportunity to develop and build depth in what should be Marshall’s strength
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 12:52:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 9 minutes before kickoff...Go Herd! On ESPN...I’m lovin’ it...

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 12:52:05 PM »