Author Topic: If Doc will just stay out of the way  (Read 571 times)

Offline herdorbust

If Doc will just stay out of the way
« on: September 05, 2020, 01:53:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can get back into Marshall football. We finally have a real QB that is talented and isn’t a head case. Now Doc just let them play and quit punting from the opponents 35.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, carolinaherdfan, Herdmeister, The E-Man, goherd24, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

If Doc will just stay out of the way
    « on: September 05, 2020, 01:53:28 PM »

Offline goherd24

Re: If Doc will just stay out of the way
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 02:06:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can get back into Marshall football. We finally have a real QB that is talented and isn’t a head case. Now Doc just let them play and quit punting from the opponents 35.

Right there with you. Just stand there with the mask on and let the players win it for you.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, carolinaherdfan, Herdmeister, The E-Man, MicDrass1, herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 02:51:25 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Right there with you. Just stand there with the mask on and let the players win it for you.

Well maybe the mask is paying off, because Doc didn't punt inside the 35 yr, we actually went for it on 4th down, you believe that? I guess the virus is good for something keeping Doc quiet doing game time,, :)
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 02:57:38 PM by The E-Man »

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, ThunderValley, coalherd, puma, MicDrass1

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 02:53:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We maybe the mask is paying off, because Doc didn't punt inside the 35 yr, we actually went for it on 4th down, you believe that? I guess the virus is good for something keeping Doc quiet doing game time,, :)

You're a mean mean man Mr E.

Mean, but funny as hell. ;D

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, The E-Man, MicDrass1

Offline herd1986

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 03:14:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well maybe the mask is paying off, because Doc didn't punt inside the 35 yr, we actually went for it on 4th down, you believe that? I guess the virus is good for something keeping Doc quiet doing game time,, :)
    That right there is comic genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline MUther

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 07:26:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well maybe the mask is paying off, because Doc didn't punt inside the 35 yr, we actually went for it on 4th down, you believe that? I guess the virus is good for something keeping Doc quiet doing game time,, :)

The anonymity of the mask gives him courage, like Zorro.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 12:06:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Is it the "mask", E, or the fact that some secret entity has instructed our equipment staff to soak Doc's mask in a weakened solution of chloroform both before the start of the game, and again right before coming out to start the second half? :D

Offline puma

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 07:44:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

What really surprised me was when it was first and goal, he didn't just run it down the middle four times. The defense loaded the box and Wells wound up scoring with a short pass.

The game was full of these kinds of moments. It didn't look like a Doc game at all.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, Herdmeister, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 07:54:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What really surprised me was when it was first and goal, he didn't just run it down the middle four times. The defense loaded the box and Wells wound up scoring with a short pass.

The game was full of these kinds of moments. It didn't look like a Doc game at all.

I agree with you. I will of course as always continue to cheer on the Herd but will watch from the comfort of my living room.
    I will wait for the season to end and then decide if I want to get season tix again next year. Of course I had planned all along to do so if Doc is gone, but if he continues to stay out of the way and if he gets a renewed contract, I will get tix again next year
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 07:54:52 AM »