Author Topic: noticed something  (Read 611 times)

Offline ThunderValley

noticed something
« on: September 06, 2020, 08:45:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw something that has been missin for many many yeats. EXCITEMENT !!!
    The whole team was into the game and was having fun and excited for each other. This is the Marshall football that I remember.
    They will grow and get better as the season goes along.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, parshall2marshall, svherd, The E-Man, MUonium, GreenDaddy, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

noticed something
    « on: September 06, 2020, 08:45:39 AM »

Offline GreenDaddy

Re: noticed something
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 09:06:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree, up until yesterday I thought it wasn’t possible to get back Marshall football. From reading some of the comments players made about Grant Wells it seems like he has the whole teams respect. Our new potential star QB is a freshman and will be a freshman again next year. Holy crap! I’m cautiously optimistic about this year, but have this gut feeling that we are primed for another special run.

One thing I would like to point out is the impact of playing on ESPN. If this game would have been on stadium or Facebook do you think Grant Wells or Marshall would have even been mentioned in the national media yesterday? The combination of winning big AND being seen doing it while having a new star QB is what brings a lot of excitement. IMO, if this was a normal season with fans then we would see that reflected in a boom to attendance. It’s vital we work towards a better tv contract because we could be getting ready to go on a tear over the next 5 years with GW.

The following users thanked this post: sardistim, SouthernHerd, parshall2marshall, ThunderValley, The E-Man, MUonium

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 09:26:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw something that has been missing for many many years. EXCITEMENT !!!
    The whole team was into the game and was having fun and excited for each other. This is the Marshall football that I remember.

Even though it was EKU, it felt great seeing Marshall football again. It wasn't Doc's boring brand, he's been known for the last 5 years..And, you're right having the game on ESPN made a huge difference. This is why It felt like Herd football again..
    « Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:31:20 AM by The E-Man »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, MUonium

Offline MUonium

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 09:29:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • grateful to see some Herd!   with the shortened Spring and overall weird year I had no idea what to expect even with EKU and their current challenges/status as a program.  i agree, I was impressed with the execution and quiet confidence the entire Herd showed.  rarely have we seen that from QB to kicker, from 1st string to last, plat call to play call, sideline to sideline, and end zone to end zone for an entire game. 

since QB was probably the most important unknown, the tangibles were obviously impressive but i think the smooth decisiveness/progression IQ was pleasantly surprising and all aspects when put together were totally enjoyable.  same could be said of kicker/kicking team and for the most part all ST.  last but not least, the coaching staff did a fine job preparing this team no matter who or where we played.  they can be proud of themselves and i look forward to seeing how things go with the season and stiffer competition.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline herd2win

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 09:49:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What came across the most to me was the word “team”.  As mentioned above, it seemed as though the guys were having fun.  I am looking forward to see if we can beat a solid Appy team.

Online svherd

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 10:54:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw something that has been missin for many many yeats. EXCITEMENT !!!

Very much agree. The whole team was into it and congratulating one another. That is huge and will be important as the season goes on.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline coalherd

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 07:00:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ESPN also did a first class job, IMO, indicating that this was the 50th year since the plane crash.  Done in good taste and really showed how the tragedy really bonded MU, MU football and Huntington in a way that is unique.  A lot of the nation now realizes how this season is a big deal to MU and the Huntington area!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, The E-Man, puma

Offline MUther

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 09:23:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We looked fast, too.  Not like relative to EKU fast.  I mean just plain ol fast.  We made things happen rather than waiting on things to develop. 

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 09:23:09 PM »