Author Topic: Labor Day Weekend Television Ratings  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Big City

Labor Day Weekend Television Ratings
« on: September 11, 2020, 07:48:50 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Might be down but it’s way up compared to FB Live.

Arkansas State-Memphis averaged a 0.6 and 1.03 million last Saturday night, down 40% and 43% respectively from Georgia-Vanderbilt last year (1.0, 1.82M).

Finally, Eastern Kentucky-Marshall led off Saturday’s coverage with a 0.6 and 980,000 — down 40% and 45% respectively from South Alabama-Nebraska last year (1.0, 1.78M).

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2020/09/college-football-ratings-byu-navy-decline-espn-labor-day/
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

Labor Day Weekend Television Ratings
    « on: September 11, 2020, 07:48:50 AM »

Offline svherd

Re: Labor Day Weekend Television Ratings
    « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 07:52:48 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Might be down but it’s way up compared to FB Live.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2020/09/college-football-ratings-byu-navy-decline-espn-labor-day/

That's only 979,000 more than watch us on Facebook. LOL! :D

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, SouthernHerd, parshall2marshall, biggreenarms, The E-Man, goherd24, MicDrass1

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 07:54:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think some people have done away with sports.  It will be interesting to see NFL ratings. 

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, miltonherdfan, herdorbust

Online Scottyo614

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 07:54:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That’s a crazy comparison honestly. Wonder how many of those eyeballs were casual viewers who didn’t follow Marshall but may now for the year.

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms, The E-Man, MicDrass1

Online GreenDaddy

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 08:39:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We had close to 1 million people watch our game that was a blowout against a no name EKU team. If we would have been playing Boise State or Pitt those ratings would have been a lot higher. Either way, it sure beats the 5,000 people on Facebook watching our games. I’m hoping for at least 1 more ESPN game this year. The Rice game was scheduled for ESPN+, so if we can replace that game with “name” team maybe it could be moved up to one of the linear channels in the 12 day window.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, The E-Man, puma, MicDrass1

Offline puma

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 09:38:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, 1 million people watching a G5 completely eviscerate an FCS team. That's actually kind of amazing. That's a lot of people who wouldn't otherwise watch a Marshall game. It's wonderful exposure.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, wasbarryb, The E-Man, MicDrass1

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 11:00:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We had close to 1 million people watch our game that was a blowout against a no name EKU team. If we would have been playing Boise State or Pitt those ratings would have been a lot higher. Either way, it sure beats the 5,000 people on Facebook watching our games. I’m hoping for at least 1 more ESPN game this year. The Rice game was scheduled for ESPN+, so if we can replace that game with “name” team maybe it could be moved up to one of the linear channels in the 12 day window.

I wonder how many more people where watching Herd highlights all day long on ESPN. That was free commercials that would have cost millions in advertising cost.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, Big City, parshall2marshall, svherd, coalherd, MicDrass1

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 11:01:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think some people have done away with sports.  It will be interesting to see NFL ratings.

The NFL will probably take a slight hit, but the ratings will come back up and be as strong as ever...

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline Big City

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 12:32:14 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
    I wonder how many more people where watching Herd highlights all day long on ESPN. That was free commercials that would have cost millions in advertising cost.

last night on the local ABC news they were covering OSU football, big 10 and coach Ryan Day saying it’s not fair other teams are playing and the Big is not. Guess what team was highlighted in the background... hint they were wearing Kelly green and white.

I LOVE seeing my Herd get coverage here in CBUS!
    « Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 12:33:45 PM by Big City »
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, parshall2marshall, The E-Man, MicDrass1

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 02:25:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• last night on the local ABC news they were covering OSU football, big 10 and coach Ryan Day saying it’s not fair other teams are playing and the Big is not. Guess what team was highlighted in the background... hint they were wearing Kelly green and white.

I LOVE seeing my Herd get coverage here in CBUS!

I love the exposure too..

https://abc6onyourside.com/sports/the-football-fever/the-football-fever-state-senator-crafting-resolution-to-reverse-big-10-decision

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, HerdnBucks

Online 2xBison

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 03:17:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]3
  • The NFL will probably take a slight hit, but the ratings will come back up and be as strong as ever...

16% decline is more than slight.  i don't think the ratings are coming back and I hope that they don't.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/09/11/nfl-ratings-crash-over-16-for-woke-season-opener/
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, VA Herd Fan, MUther, herdorbust, herdfan129

Online SuperAnjario

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 05:34:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

A few people have made that claim.  Very few, if any, follow through.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 05:34:07 PM »

Offline herd2win

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 05:47:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ratings for all sports except golf are down. 

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 06:55:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A few people have made that claim.  Very few, if any, follow through.

Oh more than you think. Ratings have been plunging for the last few years since the kneeling started. Down another 16% from the chiefs games compared to last years first game. They keep it up and pro sports are going to be in major doo doo. They made a big mistake thinking people care more for sports than country.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdfan129

Offline coalherd

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 08:26:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wonder how many more people where watching Herd highlights all day long on ESPN. That was free commercials that would have cost millions in advertising cost.

Spot on, E-Man.  Have to agree with AD Mike Hamrick who has commented in the past that there is NO WAY that MU could afford to buy the amount of exposure and pub it gets like that we got last weekend.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Bob25526

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 08:36:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is Appy televised

Offline pdunn

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 09:17:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is Appy televised

CBS Sports Network I believe.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, The E-Man

Online GreenDaddy

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 09:29:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CBS Sports Network I believe.

It makes one wonder if our game with App State on CBSSN will get a ratings bump due to a lot of people watching us last Saturday on ESPN and being intrigued by our team and Grant Wells. If we beat App State we could really boost ourselves into some national respect. Maybe, just maybe, if we end up having a special season that first game on ESPN showcasing us with a new star QB maybe enough for people to support us come access bowl selection time.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline pdunn

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2020, 11:23:47 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • If we beat App State we could really boost ourselves into some national respect.

That would have been an absurd statement twenty years ago, in fact it would have been more accurate the other way around.  Sad.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, mu79grad, The E-Man, puma

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2020, 07:48:35 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]2
  • 16% decline is more than slight.  i don't think the ratings are coming back and I hope that they don't.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/09/11/nfl-ratings-crash-over-16-for-woke-season-opener/

Your opinion brother., I doubt very seriously the NFL is going to miss you. As long as you visit (a satire website like breitbart), it will always cloud your judgement.. Then again, I hate it that NASCAR is losing you too, lol..  :'(
    « Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 11:01:09 AM by The E-Man »

The following users thanked this post: GreenSteve

Offline puma

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2020, 08:15:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Beating Appy would arguably be one of Doc's best wins of his tenure. I'm not even sure what would be comparable? Houston or ECU way, way back or LA Tech in 2014? He really doesn't have too many top 50 wins, let alone top 25.

A win would be huge. If the Rice game is replaced by UAB, there might be a pretty decent conference slate to go on a tear. It's far off but there might be some very top notch bowl games scrambling for teams, too.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline MUther

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2020, 09:05:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]3
  • Your opinion brother., I doubt very seriously the NFL is going to miss you. As long as you visit (a satire website like breitbart), it will always cloud your judgement.. Then again, I hate it that NASCAR is losing you too, lol.. :)

You really have no idea how fast pro sports are alienating their meal tickets.  Last year I never watched a game except for the super bowl. I taped it and fast-forwarded to the commercials because they're actually entertaining.  Putting one race above another is racism.  I don't do racism.  Racism is the liberal tool of divide and conquer.  Always has been.  And you keep getting back in line and asking for more.  smdh.   Killing people to make people aware of killing people....seems legit.  Liberal hypocrisy at it's finest.  Shame on you for defending this (bleep).

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2020, 09:05:06 AM »

Offline puma

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2020, 09:34:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can you guys take this stuff to Tavern Off The Green?

The following users thanked this post: goherd73, The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2020, 10:13:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You really have no idea how fast pro sports are alienating their meal tickets.  Last year I never watched a game except for the super bowl. I taped it and fast-forwarded to the commercials because they're actually entertaining.  Putting one race above another is racism.  I don't do racism.  Racism is the liberal tool of divide and conquer.  Always has been.  And you keep getting back in line and asking for more.  smdh.   Killing people to make people aware of killing people....seems legit.  Liberal hypocrisy at it's finest. Shame on you for defending this bull%^&*.

Shame on you for being part of the problem and not the solution. (I didn't even mention race, we were talking about TV ratings.) But since you mentioned race, we wouldn't even be talking about race, had racists white cops not been killing innocent black men. BTW, you're pissed off, because a lot of white professional athletes are standing up for racial equality with their black brothers. So good riddance to you as well. I'm sure the NFL and other professional sports is happy to wean out the bad actors.

Online Scottyo614

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2020, 10:16:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can you guys take this stuff to Tavern Off The Green?

Is this our version of shut up and post football  ;D

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, The E-Man, puma

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2020, 10:16:54 AM »