Author Topic: Why do Maskers take selfies of themselves wearing masks?  (Read 305 times)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
Why do Maskers take selfies of themselves wearing masks?
« on: September 25, 2020, 10:42:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm seriously curious about this and would like to hear your thoughts. I've been pondering why someone would take a picture of themselves wearing a covid19 protective PPE mask. Is it to convey to their "Facebook and Twitter" friends that they are safe and sanitary? Is it to show they are doing what the government told them? Is it to look like they work in the medical profession? I don't take selfies of myself wearing a motorcycle helmet, seat belt or prophylactic trojan rubber. Are the mask selfies a badge of honor for the maskers and a way to show they are obedient and subservient? Help me to understand.

HerdFans.com

Why do Maskers take selfies of themselves wearing masks?
    « on: September 25, 2020, 10:42:48 PM »

Online Thundering In MD

Re: Why do Maskers take selfies of themselves wearing masks?
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 11:53:15 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I did it to show support for my company’s policies. 
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms

Offline pdunn

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 12:02:02 AM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't take selfies of myself wearing a motorcycle helmet, seat belt or prophylactic trojan rubber.

Many thanks for not sharing.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Thundering In MD, biggreenarms

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    « Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 12:16:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I did it to show support for my company’s policies.

Understandable. Thanks!

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 06:50:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was on a plane the other day , seen a lady wearing the cloth surgical type mask with another mask over it , so two masks on her face . She also was wearing ski type goggles PLUS one of those big face shields over those , I dont know how she was breathing .

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline Big City

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 07:18:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was on a plane the other day , seen a lady wearing the cloth surgical type mask with another mask over it , so two masks on her face . She also was wearing ski type goggles PLUS one of those big face shields over those , I dont know how she was breathing .

Are you sure it wasn’t Darth Vader or a storm trooper?
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 07:25:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are you sure it wasn’t Darth Vader or a storm trooper?

If she was able to talk , I say thats what she sounded like.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 07:39:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I still can’t get over people wearing masks in their car by themselves. I have seen people all alone with their window down driving. I mean talk about stupid.

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    « Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 08:12:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I still can’t get over people wearing masks in their car by themselves. I have seen people all alone with their window down driving. I mean talk about stupid.

To their credit they are actually wearing it properly. For those that believe they work, once on, you shouldn't touch it or remove it until you're done/home, etc.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 09:00:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • you shouldn't touch it or remove it until you're done/home, etc.

I just do see how thats possible . When I have to wear one , thats all Im doing , pulling , scratching , tugging , etc. those things drive me crazy. I just got back from a trip to the Caribbean , talk about sweating like crazy ! Its as muggy as can be down there , plus having to wear a mask , I think I lost a few pounds just from wearing the mask. We seen an Asian couple waiting for their ride to their hotel , they looked EXACTLY like this guy , Those two were soaking wet , quite comical actually.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 11:02:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To their credit they are actually wearing it properly. For those that believe they work, once on, you shouldn't touch it or remove it until you're done/home, etc.

Come on? I see people in Ritter park get out of their car and walk alone with a mask on. These people are sheep and are just terrified of breathing fresh air with nobody around.

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    « Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 11:31:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Come on? I see people in Ritter park get out of their car and walk alone with a mask on. These people are sheep and are just terrified of breathing fresh air with nobody around.

My comment was about the people that believe they work. The ones that are fully committed wear them everywhere. I too think it's absurd but to each their own. I choose not to wear a mask.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, The E-Man, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 11:31:23 AM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 07:43:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My comment was about the people that believe they work. The ones that are fully committed wear them everywhere. I too think it's absurd but to each their own. I choose not to wear a mask.

I just think people started using it as a fashion statement. I honestly think some people like them. Different colors for different clothes they wear etc... I personally don’t have a problem if people wear them and I don’t have a problem putting one on to run into the store if I have to. But they don’t work for people that are healthy. They may help some for people that have the virus spraying  stuff around. But the masks people are wearing do nothing to keep you from getting it. If a fart can get thru then the virus is going to get thru. But it seems to make some people feel so much better I guess.

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 07:43:39 AM »