Author Topic: Most recent Poll and Bowl ratings and projections . . .  (Read 1656 times)

Online wasbarryb

Re: Most recent Poll and Bowl ratings and projections . . .
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2020, 02:31:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’ve been through there 3 times, and Albuquerque is ok, but I agree Santa Fe is the best area in New Mexico...

Been to both of those towns, and while nice I much prefer Taos.
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:53:59 PM by wasbarryb »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2020, 02:31:09 PM »

Offline breckjimison

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2020, 09:39:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The bowl atmosphere in Detroit was horrible, although the games themselves were fun.

Military Bowl was amazing - hard to top Annapolis as a venue.  Boca was my favorite, because you really have to try to not have a good time in south central FLA
    Boca Raton is considered South FL, not south central, FL. That is literally like moving to a different country in FL.
    Just saying,

Offline coalherd

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2020, 09:57:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Boca Raton is considered South FL, not south central, FL. That is literally like moving to a different country in FL.
    Just saying,

And also, just to be "correct" (and having a lot of time on my hands) the old Motor City Bowls that we participated in were actually played in Pontiac, Michigan and not Detroit.  Enjoyed the old Silver Dome, now no longer, and one reason we decided to go to those games was not having to worry about the weather during the games being played in Michigan in December.  Believe today that Bowl is played in a newer facility which indeed is in Detroit.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 12:29:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Believe today that Bowl is played in a newer facility which indeed is in Detroit.

It was moved to Ford Field which is a beautiful facility.  Most of the rest of Detroit, not so much.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 08:16:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was moved to Ford Field which is a beautiful facility.  Most of the rest of Detroit, not so much.
    As we recall,  we played Ohio in that facility with the tem Mark Snyder was fired from
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline breckjimison

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 02:02:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And also, just to be "correct" (and having a lot of time on my hands) the old Motor City Bowls that we participated in were actually played in Pontiac, Michigan and not Detroit.  Enjoyed the old Silver Dome, now no longer, and one reason we decided to go to those games was not having to worry about the weather during the games being played in Michigan in December.  Believe today that Bowl is played in a newer facility which indeed is in Detroit.
    Yes. I went to the Motor City Bowl I think in 1999. That was the year we beat BYU and ended up undefeated at 13-0 and finished the season ranked #10 in the country!!!

Offline breckjimison

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2020, 02:03:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes. I went to the Motor City Bowl I think in 1999. That was the year we beat BYU and ended up undefeated at 13-0 and finished the season ranked #10 in the country!!!
    That was a cold, wet and snowy day. I’m glad the game was played indoors at the Silver Dome.
    And yes, Pontiac, MI was pretty ghetto, IMO.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2020, 02:09:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was moved to Ford Field which is a beautiful facility.  Most of the rest of Detroit, not so much.

Aaah, yes, pdunn.  Detroit . . . the city that made Flint a TOURIST ATTRACTION!!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: pdunn

HerdFans.com

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2020, 02:09:50 PM »