Author Topic: SHR...Go Reds...!❤️  (Read 927 times)

Online overherd1

Re: SHR...Go Reds...!❤️
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 01:37:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 17 innings....no runs

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 01:37:04 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 02:21:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Closing in on nearly a Century's old record for futility, longest number of scoreless innings in post season play, held by the 1921 Giants!!

Gotta love Bell and his obsession with "Analytics"!  Hopefully the front office will tell him to take all that data, charts, computer models, stats, etc., etc., to the local garbage dump this winter and BURN IT!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: whf, herdorbust

Offline Big City

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 02:30:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Reds gonna Reds.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online whf

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 02:47:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Closing in on nearly a Century's old record for futility, longest number of scoreless innings in post season play, held by the 1921 Giants!!

Gotta love Bell and his obsession with "Analytics"!  Hopefully the front office will tell him to take all that data, charts, computer models, stats, etc., etc., to the local garbage dump this winter and BURN IT!!!!!!
    I agree with you, but the bigger issue is the futility of really good players, by all analysis, like Votto, Constellanos, Moustakas, etc.  The pitching has been superb, can you imagine being a pitcher on this team right now?
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:12:36 PM by whf »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 02:49:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Why they would go out and spend all that money in the off season and keep him as manager is insane.

Offline Big City

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 02:50:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is over. We are screwed

IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2020, 02:54:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with you, but the bigger issue is the futility of really good players, by all analysis, like Votto, Constiannis,, Moustakas, etc.  The pitching has been superb, can you imagine being a pitcher on this team right now?

A lot of it is batting order, hitting coach communicating with the players such as getting across to not take pitches for strikes and swinging at balls a foot out of the strike zone. Just now Suarez and the out fielder miscommunication and drop a pop up. Just a total lack of discipline and fundamentals. Bell is completely out of his league.

Online overherd1

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2020, 02:54:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very disappointing after the way they played over the last few weeks of the season.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, pdunn

Offline coalherd

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2020, 03:32:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In reality this team wouldn't have been close to being in the playoffs over a normal full season.  Would have again battled the Pirates in avoiding last place.

Team has too many deficits at too many positions besides pitching.  Platoon catching ok defensively, mediocre to marginally adequate offensively.  Middle infield was no better, overall, than with Jose Peraza and Jose Iglesias last season, IMO.  Moustakas has a little more power, perhaps.  But Farmer and Galvis no better.

Votto is ever growing liability all around.  Wants only to hit "his pitch", and if he strikes out looking the Ump is obviously wrong!  Now very average to poor defensively as age taking its toll rapidly.  Reds stuck with his highly overpaid contract for what, 2-3 more years??

Rest of Red regulars, like Suarez, Winker, totally bought in on the launch angle analytics thing.  Home run or strike out.  No concern with good contact or hitting to the opposite field.  Same applies when Aquino at the plate.

Doubt if Reds have a snow ball's chance in you know where of keeping Bauer.  Why would he want to play for a team where his run support is so erratic and lacking?
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 05:53:40 PM by coalherd »

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline Herd-in-ATL

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2020, 04:25:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Braves and the words "pitchers duel" were rarely mentioned in the same sentence this season, however the first 20 innings until the Braves bats woke up, were exactly what we were treated to. I have to say I really enjoyed this new wild card setup vs the old one and done. Hopefully the Braves have a few more series wins left in the tank.

Offline MUPE84

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2020, 05:52:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Until this team decides to put the bat on the ball and not swing for the long ball they will never go very far in the playoffs.  It drives me nuts to see players strike out so much.  I really miss the days of Pete Rose, Tony Gwynn, Rod Carew, etc.  Would love to see teams manufacture runs.  Also, learn to bunt the ball....that will take teams out of those huge defensive shifts.  I think Ricky Henderson's stolen base record will stand forever due to the lack of singles hitters.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, Herdmeister, herdorbust

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2020, 06:14:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nm

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2020, 06:14:06 PM »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2020, 06:44:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Until this team decides I think Ricky Henderson's stolen base record will stand forever due to the lack of singles hitters.

You make a great point
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline JReese

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2020, 11:05:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Go Braves !!!!!
    All I have ever truly wanted to be was a great dad.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2020, 11:39:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Go Braves !!!!!

Be pulling for your Braves from here on, JReese!  Brother in law lives in Tucker and sister in law and family down in Warner Robbins.  Big Brave fans there.  LA is a juggernaut, but anything can happen this time of year.  Pulling for whomever comes out of the National League in the WS; anybody but the "Damn Yankees"!!  :D

The following users thanked this post: JReese

Offline pdunn

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2020, 02:02:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • anybody but the "Damn Yankees"!!  :D

This time of year there are two kinds of fans: Yankee fans, and those who realize that the evil pinstripe empire must be vanquished each fall for the good of humanity.  Count me in that second group.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline coalherd

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2020, 03:05:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This time of year there are two kinds of fans: Yankee fans, and those who realize that the evil pinstripe empire must be vanquished each fall for the good of humanity.  Count me in that second group.

Yankees make Darth Vader lovable, pdunn!!

The following users thanked this post: pdunn

Offline pdunn

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2020, 04:15:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yankees make Darth Vader lovable, pdunn!!

The Yankees probably offered Darth Vader a contract, goodness knows they have the money for it.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

HerdFans.com

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2020, 04:15:37 PM »