Author Topic: C-USA Championship Rescheduling  (Read 413 times)

Offline MUsince96

C-USA Championship Rescheduling
« on: October 01, 2020, 09:26:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The FAU-Georgia Southern game has been rescheduled for 12/5.

Since that's the date of the C-USA Championship I think it's likely the championship will be rescheduled for a later date.

This also gives us an opportunity to make up games as well.

HerdFans.com

C-USA Championship Rescheduling
    « on: October 01, 2020, 09:26:21 AM »

Online wasbarryb

Re: C-USA Championship Rescheduling
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:15:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The FAU-Georgia Southern game has been rescheduled for 12/5.

Since that's the date of the C-USA Championship I think it's likely the championship will be rescheduled for a later date.

This also gives us an opportunity to make up games as well.

Your comment implies FAU has knowledge the championship game will be rescheduled. 

It could mean FAU understands it isn't going to have a scheduling conflict on that date.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 11:24:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your comment implies FAU has knowledge the championship game will be rescheduled. 

It could mean FAU understands it isn't going to have a scheduling conflict on that date.

That would imply they don't plan on being in the championship game. Why would they concede that possibility before a conference game is played?

I think a date change is more likely than FAU simply forfeiting the ability to play in the championship.

Offline svherd

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 12:30:52 PM »
  • [Like]-1
  • [Dislike]1
  • In all likelihood the CUSA title game will be moved to Dec 12th and the league will work with members to add needed games or previously cancelled games on Dec. 5th.

I wouldn't be shocked if we play UAB on 12/5.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline puma

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 12:48:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't want to count my chickens but if this season goes well, it would be great to pick up UAB in lieu of the Rice game.

Offline sardistim

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 02:24:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In all likelihood the CUSA title game will be moved to Dec 12th and the league will work with members to add needed games or previously cancelled games on Dec. 5th.

I wouldn't be shocked if we play UAB on 12/5.

Possibly.  But it's more likely that the Rice game gets moved to that date.  Especially if it looks like UAB and Marshall will play in the Champ game either 12/12 or 12/19.

The game I'm really hoping for is BYU and Marshall on 11/28.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 02:30:07 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think it matters because FAU ain't gonna be playing in the title game.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 02:30:39 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Possibly.  But it's more likely that the Rice game gets moved to that date.  Especially if it looks like UAB and Marshall will play in the Champ game either 12/12 or 12/19.

The game I'm really hoping for is BYU and Marshall on 11/28.

Well, if no movement to reschedule the Rice game and the League does move the Championship game back a week or two, then Mike H. needs to get with his counterpart at ECU and schedule the game with the Pirates on 12/5.  Obviously the League isn't mandating make up games be LEAGUE games, since GA Southern and FAU have rescheduled for 12/5.

Offline svherd

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 02:46:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, if no movement to reschedule the Rice game and the League does move the Championship game back a week or two, then Mike H. needs to get with his counterpart at ECU and schedule the game with the Pirates on 12/5.  Obviously the League isn't mandating make up games be LEAGUE games, since GA Southern and FAU have rescheduled for 12/5.

Sadly, I don’t think ECU is happening this year. Likely a league game.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 02:46:49 PM »