Author Topic: A quick look at FBSchedules.com these teams are off Oct 3  (Read 412 times)

Offline W0lfman

A quick look at FBSchedules.com these teams are off Oct 3
« on: October 01, 2020, 02:47:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Houston
    Temple
    Tulane
    Georgia Tech
    Louisville
    Miami FL
    Syracuse

I have to assume Hamrick made attempts, but it really is disappointing with two weeks time we were unable to schedule someone. 

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

HerdFans.com

A quick look at FBSchedules.com these teams are off Oct 3
    « on: October 01, 2020, 02:47:36 PM »

Offline herd2win

Re: A quick look at FBSchedules.com these teams are off Oct 3
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 03:32:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • 4 of those schools are ACC and probably were restricted on who they could play...the others I would have liked.

Offline svherd

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 03:42:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mike likely wanted a home game and wouldn’t budge on an away gig  unless someone would do a 1 for 1. Most didn’t want to come here for a one and done. Not easy I’m sure.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: whf

Offline coalherd

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 03:42:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall has somewhat of a history, if brief, with Temple.  Often wonder if Hamrick has tried to get a series with the Owls.  Philly isn't any farther, travel wise, than Memphis, another member of the AAC with whom we have a history.  Believe Temple plays some, perhaps all, of their home games in the Eagles Stadium, just like Pitt in the Steelers venue.  I wouldn't mind the Herd getting a basketball game or so with the Owls, too, as they usually are a pretty formidable team.

As a school overall, I believe MU needs to try and attract more students, and not just student athletes, from the Mid Atlantic, greater DC, Maryland-Baltimore regions, and Pennsylvania as a whole.  Way back Herd used to get both from Western PA, greater Pittsburgh area.  Now, not sure we make much of an effort there for both students AND athletes.  Just my opinion.

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 04:36:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mike likely wanted a home game and wouldn’t budge on an away gig  unless someone would do a 1 for 1. Most didn’t want to come here for a one and done. Not easy I’m sure.

That’s exactly what I was speculating.  I agree with him on the one for ones.  I just hope we haven’t lost the home games with Pitt and Boise for good.  I hope they can be made up in the coming years.

Offline Big City

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 08:08:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall won’t be scheduling open dates right now.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 08:15:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The three most likely games to take a conference L... @WKU, @La Tech, FAU... are our next three game.  If we make if though that, then we are probably looking at being 8-0 and done with the regular season four games short of what's allowed on Nov. 21 when the rest of college football is still playing for another month.  Sounds like we're waiting to play ECU on Dec. 5, but I would definitely scheduling something on Nov. 28 and Dec. 12.  BYU is still available on 11/28 - an East Champion Herd vs BYU would be another national attention game.  If not BYU, then lets get a buy game at home.  Try to makeup Rice on 12/12.  We really should try to get to 10 or 11 games before the conference championship and bowl game to make this team feel comparable to the opportunities afforded other teams in our history. 

Offline goherd24

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 08:26:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • Our leadership hasn't scheduled anyone to fill these openings? Shocking.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 08:26:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Schedule games..I love the BYU option.

Offline longtimeherdfan

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 09:42:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Our leadership hasn't scheduled anyone to fill these openings? Shocking.

Obviously it's not as easy as just picking up the phone and making a deal. With that said though, I wouldn't be surprised if the AD is protecting his guy and buddy by not going that extra mile to find replacement games. IF 8-0 is a real possibility now, why risk an extra game or two and end up with an 8-2 or even 7-3 record?

Offline longtimeherdfan

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 09:44:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Schedule games..I love the BYU option.

Given their independent status, one would think they'd be more receptive to a home and home deal.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 07:22:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Given their independent status, one would think they'd be more receptive to a home and home deal.

more receptive maybe, but they have enough national name recognition I don't think they have a difficulty in scheduling.
    I did read that the MWC made an exception to allow Boise to play an OOC game vs BYU
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 07:22:28 AM »