Author Topic: ECU  (Read 754 times)

Offline herdfifteen

ECU
« on: October 03, 2020, 12:59:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ga State28  ECU 7 three minutes into 2nd quarter.

HerdFans.com

ECU
    « on: October 03, 2020, 12:59:37 PM »

Offline coalherd

Re: ECU
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 03:04:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Gawd. we need to get that game with them this season rescheduled!  Make it happen, MH!!

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 04:14:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Gawd. we need to get that game with them this season rescheduled!  Make it happen, MH!!

With UCF and Memphis losing tonight, the NY6 bowl is now basically a race between Cincinnati and us.  Might be time to look for one more good resume builder rather than whatever this ECU team is putting on the field this year.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 06:19:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With UCF and Memphis losing tonight, the NY6 bowl is now basically a race between Cincinnati and us.  Might be time to look for one more good resume builder rather than whatever this ECU team is putting on the field this year.
    I just don't see us being able to overcome a 1 loss UCF or Memphis with out weak schedule.  Then when Boise starts up there schedule,  should they run the table puts them in over us too. BYU would be the difference maker fir the Broncos
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 06:39:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Boise will probably play about 4-5 games total, then will be given the NY6 spot just because.

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, herd_67

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 07:36:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With UCF and Memphis losing tonight, the NY6 bowl is now basically a race between Cincinnati and us.  Might be time to look for one more good resume builder rather than whatever this ECU team is putting on the field this year.

No way with our schedule we get the NY6 bowl game.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

Offline svherd

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 10:53:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

BYU has the inside track. They are playing very well.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 11:09:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

• No way with our schedule we get the NY6 bowl game.

Hamwreck's failure to make the possible match with UNC  happen may be the unplayed game that seals our fate for any consideration for the NY6 game.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 11:52:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hamwreck's failure to make the possible match with UNC  happen may be the unplayed game that seals our fate for any consideration for the NY6 game.

I agree with you wasberry a lot, but I can't blame Mike on this one. Maybe perhaps UNC didn't want to play us period..

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, wasbarryb

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 12:42:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BYU has the inside track. They are playing very well.

BYU is not eligible for the G5 autobid.  The autobid is for the highest rated G5 conference champion, and BYU is not in a G5 conference.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Herdmeister, MUsince96

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 01:18:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

You forgot to mention SMU. The Mustangs are ranked 20th in the coaches poll.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 02:12:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You forgot to mention SMU. The Mustangs are ranked 20th in the coaches poll.

Yes, smu looks really good.   Their qb is very good and they are fast at all positions.  They would be a tough out for anyone.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 02:12:27 PM »

Offline herdloyal

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2020, 03:02:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can we have a moment of Silence for the dead visionary's amongst us!!! What happened to "We Play For Championships"  Mentality????? My God did somebody just beat us down to FCS Status? Don't you just hate it when the Shite disturbers' open their mouths????????????

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2020, 06:33:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BYU is not eligible for the G5 autobid.  The autobid is for the highest rated G5 conference champion, and BYU is not in a G5 conference.
    Correct.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline coalherd

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2020, 09:04:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BYU is not eligible for the G5 autobid.  The autobid is for the highest rated G5 conference champion, and BYU is not in a G5 conference.

Maybe not, but I believe the Mountain West is allowing Boise to schedule one OOC game, with BYU.  After what BYU has done, riding roughshod over Navy, Troy and now LA Tech, I like their chances against the Broncos!

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline coalherd

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2020, 09:14:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with you wasberry a lot, but I can't blame Mike on this one. Maybe perhaps UNC didn't want to play us period..

A Top Ten team reluctant to play a HERD team led by Doc!!  NEVER thought I'd live that long, E.!!  ;D

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 09:42:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys keep thinking all these bowls are going to get played.  I'm willing to bet over half or more get axed.  Way too much $$$$ to put them on...

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline herd2win

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 09:50:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The word down here in N.C. was that MU wanted a return game or a higher payout and UNC said no...

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 10:09:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A Top Ten team reluctant to play a HERD team led by Doc!!  NEVER thought I'd live that long, E.!!  ;D

I mean, good for them and everything but they are lined up to possibly be in the playoff if they take care of business. They have Miami #7), Notre Dame (#5), and VT (#19) on their schedule. If they win their division, they will probably play against Clemson. They also have a game scheduled with Coastal, who is playing well this year plus the other ACC teams which could knock them off. From the rumor mill, MH was wanting a return game and they just don't need us that bad this year the way their schedule lined up. In fact, they would have had nothing but a tough OOC opponent who could conceivably beat them, as well as a risk of having players injured. Their decision was perfectly aligned with their program's needs. .

HerdFans.com

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 10:09:26 PM »