Author Topic: Awful Football  (Read 1307 times)

Offline herdfan129

Re: Awful Football
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 01:13:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

• I have to agree. We need out of this conference now. It is just awful.

Wrong. We need a competent coach who runs the table in this conference.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: ThunderValley, wasbarryb

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 01:13:21 AM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2020, 06:21:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• You cant be serious about Houston Baptist? The team that beat EKU by 3 yesterday. Lost to LT by 30 and lost to N Texas by 25? Yes that is hyperbole to the extreme.

If you're going to play the transitive game:  EKU lost by 3.  HB lost by 30 and 25 respectively.  We beat EKU by 59 with our scrubs in most of the second half.  It's not even close how much more dominant we can be.  And don't forget we didn't even let them score, or get close to scoring.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2020, 07:34:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you're going to play the transitive game:  EKU lost by 3.  HB lost by 30 and 25 respectively.  We beat EKU by 59 with our scrubs in most of the second half.  It's not even close how much more dominant we can be.  And don't forget we didn't even let them score, or get close to scoring.

Nobody mentioned Marshall and you must have read my post wrong. I was responding to the guys post about Houston Baptist being the best team in Texas. And I posted why this was hyperbole is all.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2020, 09:14:47 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

unfortunately, we have nowhere to go. We have no money and a bad location for travel. Anywhere we do go the TV financial picture will be no different.

not to mention we haven't done really anything in either major sport to demonstrate we are too good for this conference.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Herdmeister, Flat Tire 2

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2020, 02:03:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Nobody mentioned Marshall and you must have read my post wrong. I was responding to the guys post about Houston Baptist being the best team in Texas. And I posted why this was hyperbole is all.

Never said Houston Baptist was the best team in Texas, either. Said they were “one of the top teams in Texas.”

There is a significant difference in meaning there.

But I stand by it... it’s not because Houston Baptist is good. It’s because the entire state of Texas, at least those schools that have played this season, simply aren’t very good.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2020, 02:22:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Never said Houston Baptist was the best team in Texas, either. Said they were “one of the top teams in Texas.”

There is a significant difference in meaning there.

But I stand by it... it’s not because Houston Baptist is good. It’s because the entire state of Texas, at least those schools that have played this season, simply aren’t very good.

Please!!!! One of the best? You don’t think virtually every team in Texas would destroy them? Talk about hyperbole. The beat EKU by 3. And have been destroyed by everyone else. And you don’t think Texas, TCU, SMU, Baylor or virtually any one outside of high school teams would kill them? Unreal!!!!

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2020, 02:52:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please!!!! One of the best? You don’t think virtually every team in Texas would destroy them? Talk about hyperbole. The beat EKU by 3. And have been destroyed by everyone else. And you don’t think Texas, TCU, SMU, Baylor or virtually any one outside of high school teams would kill them? Unreal!!!!

Did you see Baylor Saturday?  Inept. SMU seems to be pretty good. Perhaps the best of the bunch. TCU seems to be ok. But you’re missing the entire point that 90% or more of the college football teams in Texas this year are below mediocre. It’s bad football. Really bad.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2020, 04:21:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did you see Baylor Saturday?  Inept. SMU seems to be pretty good. Perhaps the best of the bunch. TCU seems to be ok. But you’re missing the entire point that 90% or more of the college football teams in Texas this year are below mediocre. It’s bad football. Really bad.

And you want to compare HB? Are you freaking kidding me? WV beat the crap out of EKU like we did and WV was even with Baylor that beat EKU by THREE!!!! And got embarrassed by 2 CUSA teams. And then to say they are right there with Texas, TCU, SMU, Baylor etc is nuts. Good Lord man at least pick another small school in Texas if you are going to make that claim!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2020, 08:56:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• And you want to compare HB? Are you freaking kidding me? WV beat the crap out of EKU like we did and WV was even with Baylor that beat EKU by THREE!!!! And got embarrassed by 2 CUSA teams. And then to say they are right there with Texas, TCU, SMU, Baylor etc is nuts. Good Lord man at least pick another small school in Texas if you are going to make that claim!!!

Sincere you’re too busy trying to shout me down over an analogy to pay any attention to the broader point, there’s no sense in continuing this discussion.

HB’s season is over anyway. Their QB threw for more than 450 ypg, with 15 TD and 1 INT. Not a bad 4 games for such a small school. He went for 530 passing against Texas Tech.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, 1996Herd

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2020, 09:41:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Sincere you’re too busy trying to shout me down over an analogy to pay any attention to the broader point, there’s no sense in continuing this discussion.

HB’s season is over anyway. Their QB threw for more than 450 ypg, with 15 TD and 1 INT. Not a bad 4 games for such a small school. He went for 530 passing against Texas Tech.

Lol!!! Look at the scores? You cant be serious. I’m just stunned you are even saying this. So a team that only beats a dreadful 1AA team by 3 that Marshall and WV destroyed. And they lose to NTexas by 25 and LT by 30 is one of the top teams in Texas? Ok man!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2020, 09:41:32 PM »