Author Topic: FAU tickets  (Read 298 times)

Offline ed swain

FAU tickets
« on: October 05, 2020, 07:24:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just purchased 2 tickets for the game for 86 .These are sideline tickets.I suppose it is because of the these tickets being done on the phone.I hope this will no be the way next year that tickets will distributed this way.I hope we go back to paper tickets .The Appy st tickets were hard to pull up. I am old and would feel much better with an actual ticket in my hand.

HerdFans.com

FAU tickets
    « on: October 05, 2020, 07:24:10 PM »

Offline coalherd

Re: FAU tickets
    « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 09:34:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, MU is apparently going to a "ticketless" policy.  Want to send the tickets to your phone and then you have your phone scanned at the stadium.  Problem is a lot of us older types don't have "smart" phones, or in reality have little use for them.  Will get to the point where a lot of us won't bother and end up NOT going to the games.  Radio and TV will do.  Hammy will have to figure out how to make up the lost revenue someway else!!

Online sardistim

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 10:33:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, MU is apparently going to a "ticketless" policy.  Want to send the tickets to your phone and then you have your phone scanned at the stadium.  Problem is a lot of us older types don't have "smart" phones, or in reality have little use for them.  Will get to the point where a lot of us won't bother and end up NOT going to the games.  Radio and TV will do.  Hammy will have to figure out how to make up the lost revenue someway else!!

The NFL has gone completely "ticketless".  It's a data goldmine for them.  Would not be surprised to see Marshall and most colleges going that way.  It's a great way to find out who is actually going to your games.

Offline whf

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 10:48:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm an older fan too. Love the digital tickets now. Learn to download to your phone, and to call up your downloads. That's it.

Easy to send to others too, just forward the department's email and it's done.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 07:35:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm an older fan too. Love the digital tickets now. Learn to download to your phone, and to call up your downloads. That's it.

Easy to send to others too, just forward the department's email and it's done.

I agree with you. Heck,. I don't even use change in Huntington parking meters anymore. I do it on my phone. The phone reminds me when time is running out. I can then extend the time on my phone from anywhere.
    I don't need my wallet at the grocery store. My Kroger card and debit card is in my phone.
    I will be 72 next month and i LOVE technology.
    Never have to go to the bank or post office anymore and I write about 3 checks a year.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline svherd

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 07:35:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This will likely be the new normal and a way to save costs on printing, etc. In the future I could see the AD giving fans a choice in order to accommodate those who do prefer a hard copy ticket in hand.

They can just email the season ticket file for someone to print at home.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 07:40:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This will likely be the new normal and a way to save costs on printing, etc. In the future I could see the AD giving fans a choice in order to accommodate those who do prefer a hard copy ticket in hand.

They can just email the season ticket file for someone to print at home.

Exactly. Printing thousands of multi-colored season tix I'm sure is very expensive. Then add on handling and shipping costs.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 07:55:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe most if not all colleges are doing it this way.  I know UK is as I got an email from them concerning tickets since I am in their system from buying softball tickets online.  I think it will be how it goes in the future and those that will need paper tickets will be able to work with MU to get them at will call. 

I like it.  I download the tickets to my "wallet" on my phone and boom...there when I go in.  The printing cost of color tickets has to be high.  With how people won't renew their BG memberships, Marshall has to save money somewhere.  We need more people to renew and sign up for BG memberships especially this year as scholarship costs are going to get more expensive with athletes getting extra year.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, Herdmeister

Offline 1996Herd

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 12:55:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like it. I remember forgetting my tickets the the Maryland Bowl game a few years back. I had to have someone overnight my tickets. Now I have one less thing to worry about.

Offline MUther

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 06:06:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly. Printing thousands of multi-colored season tix I'm sure is very expensive. Then add on handling and shipping costs.

I'm sure the cost of tickets was offset by the advertising on the back of them.  They made nice souvenirs of a victory.  And i guess no more discounts at certain spots after a win by presenting the stubs?

I'd do  hard copies with digital backup for those that don't want to carry them.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, wasbarryb

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 06:06:21 PM »