Author Topic: This Happens Mixing SportsAnd Politics  (Read 412 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
               ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

This Happens Mixing SportsAnd Politics
« on: October 12, 2020, 09:50:52 AM »

Offline 2xBison

Re: This Happens Mixing SportsAnd Politics
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 10:10:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • that's a shame.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 10:16:39 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • They did it to themselves , thats the sad part. Americans watch sports to escape , they dont want to be told how to think or what to believe in while watching the Herd. I dont care if their top anchor is gay or is a cross dresser , just tell me the score of the game , do what you want on your own time. Like the saying , shut up and sing , that works best .

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 11:48:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They did it to themselves , thats the sad part. Americans watch sports to escape , they dont want to be told how to think or what to believe in while watching the Herd. I dont care if their top anchor is gay or is a cross dresser , just tell me the score of the game , do what you want on your own time. Like the saying , shut up and sing , that works best .

There's a time and place for everything. I applaud ESPN for taking a stance against racial injustice in this country. On the other hand, I'm like you in that I want to escape politics and watch sports only. It's a balancing act and hopefully ESPN can figure it out without alienating anyone..

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 12:16:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Were you guys voicing your outrage about them when they became the Tebow network for a good 2 years? Or was like your outrage over terrorists?

Offline pdunn

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 03:56:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's a balancing act and hopefully ESPN can figure it out without alienating anyone..

Too late. 
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, 2xBison, Taft#1

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 11:23:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Too late.

Does that mean if ESPN has another Herd football or basketball game on it's network, you guys won't be watching? ::)

The following users thanked this post: svherd, wasbarryb

Offline pdunn

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 02:33:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would watch with the volume turned down, I would tune in when the game started, tune out when the game ended, and make it a point not to purchase any product that advertised.

But, aside from the bowl game which I'll probably be at anyway, I don't expect Marshall to be on ESPN any time soon.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 04:32:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would watch with the volume turned down, I would tune in when the game started, tune out when the game ended, and make it a point not to purchase any product that advertised.

But, aside from the bowl game which I'll probably be at anyway, I don't expect Marshall to be on ESPN any time soon.

I do the same thing

Offline pdunn

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 04:58:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do the same thing

I think most people would hold their nose and watch "their" team if a network that made a preemptive decision to call them racist was the only option.  So sure I'd watch a Marshall game on ESPN if I didn't have a chance.  But I'm not going to watch Gameday or WokeCenter or any other of their other stuff. 

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 05:56:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Were you guys voicing your outrage about them when they became the Tebow network for a good 2 years? Or was like your outrage over terrorists?

Did they make documentaries about Christianity during that time?

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Taft#1

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 07:53:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did they make documentaries about Christianity during that time?

OUCH !!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 07:53:23 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 07:47:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

No. Just when the marxists blasted him for taking a knee for the Lord unlike the marxists taking a knee against our country!!!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, ed swain

Offline svherd

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 07:51:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does that mean if ESPN has another Herd football or basketball game on it's network, you guys won't be watching? ::)

Exactly. ESPN best thing to happen to MU sports. Who can deny that?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline ed swain

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2020, 12:24:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The NBA cut their own throats by the negative actions toward America.They have probably lost at least 40% of the fan base.I wish it were more.Le Bron  is a disgrace .

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline HaveUherd

Offline pdunn

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 12:24:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution--American Style WILL be televised.  You can see it on SportsCenter several times a day and on the field or court of virtually any professional sporting event.  Unfortunately that is only the tip of the iceberg.  I only hope that we don't wind up with 20 or 30 million people dead before someone comes to their senses like they did in China in the 60s and 70s.  If you think I'm being reactionary, tell me when it stops and just how far it will go.  What is the end game and how will you know when you get there?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 12:24:58 AM »