Author Topic: Men's BB schedule is out  (Read 1769 times)

Offline chris88

Re: Men's BB schedule is out
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2021, 06:53:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Someone mentioned we played OSU close. The last time we played them in Columbus, we got our butts kicked. I was there and it was a complete behind the woodshed whipping. As for this current schedule, I like No Iowa and Duquense as OOC home opponents. Ohio is fine since it is close. EKU is fine because of A.W. Hamilton. Playing Indiana will be cool at Assembly Hall. The rest of the teams OOC just does not excite me. As for conference play, the only teams that perk me up a little are WKU, ODU, UAB and La Tech. The rest of the conference is blah. The two Florida schools do nothing for me. None of the Texas schools interest me. Southern Miss, since they lost that crazy coach, has done nothing for me. And it is no fun rooting against MTSU without Kermit Davis as the head coach. I realize it is hard to get some of the bigger schools to play you, especially at home. I have season tickets and will be at every game except the Milligan game. I have a prior commitment on that date or I would be there.

Yea, I was going off memory. 70-111 not close. Louisville not close either..although we hung in for awhile. We did play ranked UCincinnati to OT and play Pitt close later same season as OSU. And we have played Morehead/EKU/Toledo/OU/Akron most of the last 5-6 yrs. One yr we played Toledo twice. 2014-15 is last time we had a decent schedule.  That included home games vs South Carolina and Penn St and a host of other good games.

I can only imagine the excitement of season ticket holders when they get their tix and see this lineup coming to Cam:

Davis and Elkins
    Pikeville
    Wright State
    Milligan
    Campbell
    Jackson St
    Louisiana
    Duquesne
    Bluefield College
    N. Iowa

If you are driving more than 2 hrs and have season tickets they should honor you at halftime for your dedication to the program. On bright side, Kinsey may very well lead the country in highlight dunks.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2021, 06:53:00 AM »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2021, 07:30:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yea, I was going off memory. 70-111 not close. Louisville not close either..although we hung in for awhile. We did play ranked UCincinnati to OT and play Pitt close later same season as OSU. And we have played Morehead/EKU/Toledo/OU/Akron most of the last 5-6 yrs. One yr we played Toledo twice. 2014-15 is last time we had a decent schedule.  That included home games vs South Carolina and Penn St and a host of other good games.

I can only imagine the excitement of season ticket holders when they get their tix and see this lineup coming to Cam:

Davis and Elkins
    Pikeville
    Wright State
    Milligan
    Campbell
    Jackson St
    Louisiana
    Duquesne
    Bluefield College
    N. Iowa

If you are driving more than 2 hrs and have season tickets they should honor you at halftime for your dedication to the program. On bright side, Kinsey may very well lead the country in highlight dunks.

I am looking forward to having an always good UNI here along with Wright State and Duquene. Louisiana is a good SBC team. Pf course you mention D&E and Pikeville but as you know, we MUST play any exhibition games against lower classified schools. The alternative would be to play a D1 in a scrimmage with no fans allowed.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, herdorbust

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2021, 08:34:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • I am looking forward to having an always good UNI here along with Wright State and Duquene. Louisiana is a good SBC team. Pf course you mention D&E and Pikeville but as you know, we MUST play any exhibition games against lower classified schools. The alternative would be to play a D1 in a scrimmage with no fans allowed.

I agree about playing lower level teams in exhibition, that's a given and to be expected.

I am VERY disappointed that we chose to play mother effin Blufield and Milligan at home as opposed to playing a P5 on the road. Playing one of Bluefiel/Milligan is one thing if we absolutely have to, but to play both of them is a complete joke.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: andy31

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2021, 09:14:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree about playing lower level teams in exhibition, that's a given and to be expected.

I am VERY disappointed that we chose to play mother effin Blufield and Milligan at home as opposed to playing a P5 on the road. Playing one of Bluefiel/Milligan is one thing if we absolutely have to, but to play both of them is a complete joke.

If you look at the schedule we have our first 2 conference games on the road. And leading into that we play 3 out of 4 on the road. So that is 5 of 6 games on the road. He told me that he was not going to add 2 more money games and play 5 of 6 games on the road leading into going to LT and S Miss on the road to open conference play. That would have been 7 of 8 games on the road and probably a disastrous start to the conference. It?s already bad enough being in the road the way it is.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2021, 09:33:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• If you look at the schedule we have our first 2 conference games on the road. And leading into that we play 3 out of 4 on the road. So that is 5 of 6 games on the road. He told me that he was not going to add 2 more money games and play 5 of 6 games on the road leading into going to LT and S Miss on the road to open conference play. That would have been 7 of 8 games on the road and probably a disastrous start to the conference. It?s already bad enough being in the road the way it is.

LOL....excuses once again. As I said, we could have kept one of the NAIA teams and it wouldn't have been terrible.

DD loses respect for dodging the big boys....if he's scared then he needs to get a dog.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline coalherd

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2021, 07:31:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• If you look at the schedule we have our first 2 conference games on the road. And leading into that we play 3 out of 4 on the road. So that is 5 of 6 games on the road. He told me that he was not going to add 2 more money games and play 5 of 6 games on the road leading into going to LT and S Miss on the road to open conference play. That would have been 7 of 8 games on the road and probably a disastrous start to the conference. It?s already bad enough being in the road the way it is.

Yes, we need to go on that first conference road swing on a high note.  LA Tech not an easy place to play.  Southern Miss always seems to be a puzzle and plays MU pretty tough there.  Remember, one of Danny's teams had a 50, or was it 60, point loss in Hattiesburg!  Win those first two on the road over a Holiday week end, and it could propel us to a very good CUSA season!

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline chris88

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2021, 06:03:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am looking forward to having an always good UNI here along with Wright State and Duquene. Louisiana is a good SBC team. Pf course you mention D&E and Pikeville but as you know, we MUST play any exhibition games against lower classified schools. The alternative would be to play a D1 in a scrimmage with no fans allowed.

NIowa was 10-15 last year.

Has anyone contacted Liberty about a BB 1-1?  Two straight NCAA tourneys and seemingly willing to play anyone. How about Murray State?

I only mentioned D&E/Pikeville because I assumed they are part of season ticket package. I don't know
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:23:23 AM by chris88 »
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2021, 07:15:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NIowa was 10-15 last year.

Has anyone contacted Liberty about a BB 1-1?  Two straight NCAA tourneys and seemingly willing to play anyone. How about Murray State?

I only mentioned D&E/Pikeville because I assumed they are part of season ticket package. I don't know
    Yes, they did along with JMU. Neither were interested
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: chris88, herdfan129

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2021, 08:35:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I only mentioned D&E/Pikeville because I assumed they are part of season ticket package. I don't know

they are.  exhib games come with your season tix.  but as HM pointed out, playing schools like that is by far the best option when it comes to exhib games.  obviously, exhib games don't count no matter who you play, so mite as well get some ticket revenue out of 'em.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, chris88, herdfan129

Offline coalherd

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2021, 09:55:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, they did along with JMU. Neither were interested

Disappointing to hear, HM.  Remember about 3 or 4 seasons ago, IIRC, Herd under Danny played JMU TWICE in one season (home and home).  That was when they had a different coaching staff, however.  Would love to see them on our schedule regularly; easy travel, all interstate.  Plus, the have a new, larger and plush arena, new Convo Center which holds 8500 or so.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2021, 09:55:57 PM »