Author Topic: Virginia Beach game watching?  (Read 160 times)

Offline greenanwhite

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Junior Varsity
  • Member Since 08/2013
Virginia Beach game watching?
« on: September 16, 2021, 11:58:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any ideas on where to see the game??

HerdFans.com

Virginia Beach game watching?
    « on: September 16, 2021, 11:58:07 PM »

Offline BerkshireHerdFan

• All American
    • Former Football Student Manager 2002-2004
    Re: Virginia Beach game watching?
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 07:21:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Since it is only on Facebook I'd say your choices are limited
    Knightdale NC

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline greenanwhite

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2013
    « Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 12:26:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is what I was afraid of. Is there any ?usual? spots in VB that herd fans gather typically?

Offline MUther

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 01:24:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Since it is only on Facebook I'd say your choices are limited

Uh, you can take your smart phone anywhere you go.  Grab an HDMI/lightning adapter at any electronic store and now that smart phone will telecast facebook to any TV with an HDMI port.  Just plug everything in and start the show with sound!  Set your phone to refresh that Facebook app every minute or so so it doesn't turn the screen black after a few minutes.  You could probably even watch it in a local bar that way and they'd all appreciate it.  Got to be some ECU fans in Va Beach, too, that will have no freakin clue how to watch the game.  You can be a hero.

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 01:56:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Game watching parties were always a problem for me when I lived in Va Beach.  So another poster here and I started getting together to watch the games.  What I learned was to call several sports bars to see who could get the game and get their early.  Then 4 or 5 Marshall alumni and spouses in the VB area would just plan to meet at one of those establishments.  That was before the games were broadcast on Facebook.  Your guess is as good as mine now that the game is on facebook.  My advice is to pick up the phone and start calling sports bars.  Someone in the Va Beach / Hampton Roads area will be able to get the game.  There use to be a big sports bar in Portsmouth that could get just about any game.  I can't emphasize enough the need to get wherever you go early.     

Wherever you go in the VA beach area be prepared for a large contingent of VT, UVA, Mich and fans from other schools.

There use to be game watching parties in Richmond.  I know that's a hike but is a fun time.  I use to go to those game watching parties when I lived in Richmond.  The parties changed locations shortly after I moved to VA Beach.

There is enough alumni and Marshall fans in the Va Beach / Hampton Roads area to start a Marshall fan club.  The Big Green use to send a rep to the Richmond game watching parties about once a year.  You might call the Big Green and inquire if they know of anything in the Va Beach / Hampton Roads area. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 01:56:14 PM »